Golden Globe Patch

Like Taco said above, None of the CV’s we have flown into the planet were over size class 1. Know how to build, you can limit your devices and add more blocks/use the right blocks ETC. The size class isn’t the problem, A size class 1 CV can ammo drain just as much as a size class 5 if used properly. Now imagine having 1 base, NOT 10 and a size class 1 CV comes over to “distract turrets” as some like to call it. You basically have a DEFENSELESS base/34 Turrets can be dropped with a single SV within minutes. If you want no challenge, then allow CV’s on the planet. If you want a challenge “Hardcore” Server only allow the use of warp sleds/SV’s/HV’s/BA for the full on ground combat PvP most are looking for. If you want to fly a CV take it to space and go have a CV fight. You don’t see star destroyers sucking up damage in movies do you? I’m pretty sure what you do see are CV’s sitting in space outside of planet sending fighters into the planet. Capital Vessels BELONG in space. It’s simple and it’s common sense.

3 Likes

I agree. Less CVs on planets. They belong in space. Only allow CVs that are level 1 with zero guns as a compromise.

#MakePVPGreatAgain

XD But yes, I agree if there is a way to stop CV’s from effecting ground combat then GG fights would be amazing, with the current warning system 40 something minutes (10 between warnings x4) it would be plenty time to do tons of damage, if this was 5minutes then its a different story even for class 1’s.

1 Like

Once, we could not land CV on planets… Maybe Eleon could reconsider that?

1 Like

Common sense would tell you, That is WELL above capital vessel status. It’s a world harvester several classes above capital vessel! Nice try though I’m glad you are agreeing with me on no CV on planet that’s legit! xD

2 Likes

They should have left the rocket launchers alone as far as a planetary weapon. Rockets are not a new technology. It’s way too limited as a gunship with inferior weapons against a SV, and has limited uses against bases. I miss the massive CV fights on planet, fun times and a lot to scrap. Not much anymore to scrap, so scrap went to crap. Thanks eleon, your slowly ruining the game. Might as well download some shitty ships to fly in on SP or PvE…

Sadly they took away the ability to attack bases because people abused. If I make a giant brick and hide my fixed weapons 5+ blocks deep into the ship base guns will never take it down before it gets the base guns. Like everything else in this game people are the main reason for some of the changes. Sadly it slows down development when they have to go find a solution for some things such as bringing your SV in close to a CV to stop it. Or when you attacked bases with giant bricks and the base. never had a fighting chance.

CV are not impossible to defeat they just are more of a challenge. No core target means you wont have a turret lagshot someones core. If you are smart your turrets should be hitting thrusters and turrets after of course they get the warp drive. When the ship can no longer shoot or control its direction it is dead in the water.

Thrusters is probably one of the worst targeting options as people that are good at building ships will make sure they have a few back ups of every direction in different locations on the ship, so the ship would look really bad before it looses control, best option is probably generator as most people will abuse big single generator to abuse class limits, although targeting guns is the safest option.

Haha I was exaggerating my point thou xD It does feel like that when you see a huge maxed out Cv cube soaking your base for days. I see that sv’s are a good 75% range shorter than BA’s which is nice but I havn’t tested manual fire HV to see if it can still out range a base so yea ofc I agree with you since then their won’t be any cheese left. (but i’m sure some players will find new ways to cheese -_-)

First I’ve heard about it

No. Building something within the limits is not “abusing” anything. Making the most of the limits, maybe.

However, most people have several backups of such an important device. Do you just rock a single T1 or T2 gen? Madness.

True I guess your right.

@all Bunker Owner:

we have a little problem… digging out your bunker every day is something you want?

There is no way around that except I put your Bunker in the air maybe :smiley:

Other compromises… weekly GG surface wipe again but instead of water rain, a gold rain? Or more Gold Meteorites in Black Hole?

Suggestions?

A bit different above land bunker. Cube as its now wont look good above but a bit different one can look good enough.

Simple, just needs rebuilding.

Just took first picture from google to illustrate what i mean.

Its a shame, we should know earlier to design something, would be nice contest. well there is still whole afternoon.

@Rexxx can you put BP of current one here maybe? Maybe some ppl would try and in evening it might be ready, or tommorow morning. Wipe is Friday 17:00 right?

2 Likes

I would join that comp that picture looks amazing!, whats the prize? Dimensions, what stuff inside as well would be required.

Price is that we dont have to dig ground from bunker everyday :smiley: And Rexxx can focus on other things.

Sure, go ahead and keep building!
The conditions for the bunker are clear I hope and maybe @A.F.T can help.

1. double / triple thin armor layer to prevent cockpit exploit
  2. sentry guns to prevent cockpit + X exploit
  3. Admin Alien Core
  4. Hint sign
  5. Switches / Signal Logic
  6. Equipment from the current Bunker

HWS-EGS-Bunker.epb (5.6 KB)

2 Likes

One important question, entrance. It was hard to get HVs out. Soo what now, hangar (horisontal) or double door entrance from top?

Might be convinient to be able to drive HV out and in, might be advantage compared to old bunker too.

Vertical Hangar Doors then to make it cool for HVs too.

But I expect a BIG bunker then. The Terran Starcraft Bunker screenshot from above is cool.
You have no Class limit so yeah, keep cracking. Would be cool if it’s ready until tomorrow 5PM.
Thanks guys.

Maybe I give even a price then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok lets try something guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Competition accepted :joy:

2 Likes