Golden Globe - Suggestions - Concerns - Opinions

Cute. The guy who was going on and on about how the smaller factions in the alliance weren’t deserving is now self-righteously standing up for the small guy. OMG, you reek of hypocrisy.

And by the way, I recall no leader in our group having said that ever. But I think everyone already understands that this is where Grizz goes to post his propaganda.

You’re bad at counting… and apparently need stronger bases.

Edit: Your bases would also last longer if you didn’t combat log

1 Like

I agree with this 100%, though I hope come 8.0 with the bigger planets that it becomes harder for larger factions to maintain dominance over the bigger planets and therefore easier for small factions/solo players to actually maintain small bases and hideout on the planets. Surface mining won’t really be an option though as any surface mining they do will immediately give away their position so on GG this won’t really be an option unless an alternative mining option is worked out.

All in all when I do write up my guides, which are still coming but will have to wait until after I get through with finals, the first bit of advice will be to ask for help and be willing to accept help or join a faction. After that there will be pointers for those that want to try and have a go at it solo, but it will be noted that these will not be optimal by any measure. I know there are some that are great solo players but they also have some reserve stock to feed off at this point, solo players just starting off are going to have a bit of a rough go of it.

autoturrets delenda est

Nope. You know why I called my mining SV the raider? Because if you are small, you should land on a planet drop down a mining base 4 homming, 6 flak, and 4 other of your choice turrets and ammo for them. Then mine until you are found, let the base defend you, then leave. Did it to TAW/ACP when our faction didn’t control GG. Did it in all the other seasons my faction wasn’t top dog. Adapt and over come, learn.

1 Like

I agree Chaplain and your raider has helped me get plenty of gold without the need of a base on GG, Sadly though PvP is pretty much dead for GG until changes are made. If the people controlling GG are able to core cap it so easily then there is no way to invade Can’t spawn anything in right at the start of battle is just fail.

2 Likes

looking out for the small guy by creating an SV with drills that costs 10 million credits.

No “small” guy is going to reasonably afford 10 million credits.

Garage ships are for the bourgeois and we all know it.

1 Like

yea true

Depends on what you consider small. I was ‘small’ in season 6.5 and 7.0 because I was not in a top tier faction. We didn’t control GG, but I still made 100 mil a season… so yeah.

Well, i do on Golden Globe whatever i want, shoot some noobs, mine gold and so on. The self declared „top factions“ simply take everybody into their ranks and lack the dogfighting skills to shoot even one of my 500 block fighters down.

It is just a pitty that i can not set up a base with HVs there and defend it. Unfortunately the EGS bunkers are no longer available, these would have been the only chance for solo players and small faction to set up a presence there and throw in Combat HVs.

As CVs are also forbidden i can not even start a landing operation with a warp sled and several docked HVs (what is basically essential in Empyrion).

Nobody said they are forbidden, but yes they are totally forbidden past 9 minutes, which is more than enough time for setting up a base and undocking HVs/SVs. And the main reason nobody has ever shot you down, is you leave the play field.

2 Likes

How delusional are you? You got killed multiple times in your terrible 3k block ships and I fought you in your huge brick that exceeded the 3k limit in my mining SV because it was so bad that you couldn’t even turn and landed zero hits. Although shortly before you left the planet when more people joined the chase you were able to land one hit on Zappe while he was standing still to access his OCD to get some more plasma ammo.

But if you are living in a dream world where all that didn’t happen it is a bit unsurprising that your suggestions are out of touch with reality aswell.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with this sentiment in the slightest, that is the current meta and I don’t mind it personally. I don’t have an interest in trying to set up a permanent abode on any of the major PvP planets and try to defend it 24/7(or at least when I’m online) rather than enjoying other parts of the server as well. I have gone down to GG, Homeworld, and others just have usually ended up dead to BA turrets or some such because my PC is out of date and by the time I finish loading if I come in over a BA I’m dead lol.

All I was saying is that for those that like the idea of maintaining a base on PvP planets I hope that 8.0 makes that more realistic. Sure there are those that will patrol every inch of a planet and flag anything that is in OFP, but if a player/small faction builds in a smart way maybe they can exclude OFP and avoid detection unless people actually get down really close. Just would be cool to see planets that have natural caves already and you can just go into them and dig them out further. Maybe even the big factions get tired of patrolling the entire planet constantly if they’re big enough.

Haha well you shot down my 2600 block SV with 10 players, but was close :stuck_out_tongue:
My 7,49 death cube survived, i had to leave after half an hour, not because my death cube was too destroyed (ACP players never hit anything) but it was boring with 10 ACP would-be-PVPers not able to defeat me.

Stay with the facts.

The facts in fantasy land are unknown to me.

1 Like

You sure backup like a boss

1 Like

Facts? Like the fact that you claim to have left GG after half an hour in a size class 7.49 SV? It would have been taken by HWS after a few warnings long, long before 30 minutes. But nice of you to admit violating the rules and abusing the leeway given through the warning system to give yourself an unfair advantage.

I don’t even need to go through the rest of your lies if you make debunking your BS that easy. You are bad at the game, bad at building, and bad at constructing an argument. But you are very good at repeating the same BS over and over again.

2 Likes

Maxing cores is how the alliance avoids pvp on NA. There is no PvP going on right now and it’s reaching limits

Rex i would like to make a sugestion, lets have a full wipe in a week and impliment some radical stuff
for example, like no bases on GG, HW and leave Arma to rotate. leave all the valuble gold on GG
for everyone to fight over and lets just spool it out and see what happens?.

Can you have 0.1 size CV’s just out of curiosity?.

because to be fair i think most of us are at the point where we would rather pour vinigar in our
eye’s than play whats on offer at the moment. sever is grinding to a halt wipe it or just do somthing
please. we all know 8,0 is going to be 2-3 months so may as well do it!.

i know you probably not take this post well and call me a heratic island monky but i seem to be
the only one who types what we are all thinking!.

Put a Servay out who wants a wipe and who wants to keep on going its a start at least.

Blind Cat.

1 Like