Got ammo drained?

Loves this post, sounds like a hell of an adventure. But there is one thing I want to point out that many people mis interpret here.

People read this and interpret it to mean that you didn’t ammo drain as long as there is ammo remaining, aka you didn’t FINISH draining it. Now again, reading your post I can see exactly in that intruder log how that would play out, and I believe rex frequently says the same thing, that as long as you are not respawning and dying instantly but rather are respawning, trying again, getting gear, and dying elsewhere while fighting: it is not ammo draining.

The issue here is how easy it is in this game to just keep hitting that button and lose nothing, while the auto turrets waste ammo on you. Not that you died to turrets in general lol.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that.

The problem here is that people got defeated and now they’re out to seek retribution.

I never intended to drain any ammo. I was just trying to break in the base in the way that I saw it possible.
And at one point I started to die a lot because of underground turrets in their hallways. So I went away, I crafted plasma cannons, rocket launchers, explosives and plenty of ammo. And I came back to continue my raid, destroying 1 turret at a time. Sometimes I died 5 times or more just to destroy 1 damn turret.

You tell me what else I’m supposed to do?

How can I drive a tank or fly an SV into an underground facility? That is not possible and not practical.
I often got ‘cannot send to dedicated server’ when I was using HVs to dig a lot, so the possibility didn’t cross my mind. And there is a 250m limit for digging.
I would have to use HV guns, to destroy the terrain. Well, I chose a different way. I found their secret entrance elevator and went from there.

Digging underground is already a huge advantage and there is a reason why their base was so big and well developed. Most people don’t bother, but I did and it took 9 hours and was a big challenge against players, against AI, against their smart base design. But I made it and now they want me to be punished.

If these people want complete safety. Then they should simply build on a PvE planet.

Spawn nearby should get grey’ed out if you if you die in the same place too often but thats a dev problem and it would effect single player so meh…, but from what the log shows here, it’s obviously not ammo draining.

If your argument was “why am i getting attacked by another guardian” then why did you put ammo draining in your heading, my thoughts are you are upset and want to grief your attacker by looking for a way to get him punished by admins…

About what you said, DreamWalker.

Maybe I didn’t fight you, but I attacked different bases on Uranus that night because, frankly, I couldn’t always get my bearings, and I just wanted to PvP. I think it was a good night because I fought a lot of different people. It doesn’t even matter who I fought because I was against everybody. I eventually focused on one of those bases and I was successful.

Regarding the quotes you have. Yes, I said that.

Someone asked me: Why did you attack us?
I said: Do you want a roleplay or non-roleplay answer.
I got a grumpy reply, so I responded in roleplay.

About accusations. This is your topic. So you are accusing me of breaking the rules. I am defending myself and in my defence, I am pointing out that it feels like you are upset and trying to get retribution outside the game.

About attacking other Guardians. I watched a video made by the HWS developers and he clearly said that it’s not against the rules. Honestly, I would love to fight pirates - but I couldn’t find any.

I do understand that the logs don’t tell the full story and that’s why I came here to explain myself.

Really, bottom line is this:

If you choose respawn at the same location > 5 times in one hour, Rex is likely to send you to jail. The rest of the drama around the story nobody’s got time for. If log = >5 deaths on intruder log within a short timespan, without leaving time to do what McProuty states (totally legit regearing and retrying – several minutes between deaths), it’s gonna be a bad day. That’s considered ammo draining.

didnt read through all the popcorn magic to pick a side, but thought i’d add that distillation.

Well, I completely disagree with you Hopskotch, but then again - you’re not interested in attacking bases.
You claimed to be a ‘pacifist’ in another topic, so you’re not neutral here. I’m sure you want to make it impossible to raid, so I would take your comments with a grain of salt.

So what is the purpose of having origins then? Afaik origins is solid concept in this server and encouraged by admins aswell. If you think that way why don’t you play as a pirate or a hunter?

Anyways if there is something to be looked into and needs action, admins will do or close the thread.

If u can attacked anyone u want, there is no sense about different origins mentality. On the other hand if u want to attack anyone u meet it is better you become a pirate.

By the way lets talk about my (also my teammates’) role play vision. It is also relevant with yours. As a guardian we should help other guardians and traders especially new ones and fight against unfair things. Then We think you are not a real guardian and you are a betrayer that lives in guardians. So that as guardian we should warn other guardians about you. If you are against everybody it is normal all guardians are against you.

If you against everybody why you selected guardian origin. It is at the furthest point of your thougts. Your playing style is not fair for this server’s story.

My last words for this conversation we are complainant about you. And let the admin judge you. We will accept any result of this judgement.

He was agreeing with you and saying you were in the right…

No I didn’t. Obsey claimed it. And I accept your disagreement! Thank you! :smile:

That said, while I don’t necessarily partake in the base raiding drama, I have opinions. Just lake all you blokes who don’t spend time mining in PVE for gold have an opinion about that. :wink:[quote=“ZtyX, post:14, topic:4940”]
I’m sure you want to make it impossible to raid, so I would take your comments with a grain of salt.
[/quote]

Nope - Completely baseless assumption and irrelevant to the discussion. I’m simply giving you my experiential feedback on ruling made several times in the past. I dont care if you go to jail or dont.

Does this add support to the OPs ammo draining complaint?

Certainly further origin breaking actions at the very least - guardian on guardian.

9 13:09 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus RunAbout
9 13:10 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus RunAbout
9 13:14 Cokiemonster Dia 31 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:17 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:21 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:24 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:25 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:27 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:28 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:29 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:31 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:32 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:34 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:35 ZtyX COP 174 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:36 ZtyX COP 175 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:38 ZtyX COP 175 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:39 ZtyX COP 178 Uranus Stus HoverTank
9 13:43 ZtyX COP 187 Uranus Stus HoverTank
9 13:45 ZtyX COP 191 Uranus Stus HoverTank
9 14:31 ZtyX COP 194 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:32 ZtyX COP 194 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:33 ZtyX COP 195 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:35 ZtyX COP 196 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:36 ZtyX COP 197 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:38 ZtyX COP 198 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:39 ZtyX COP 198 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:41 ZtyX COP 199 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:42 ZtyX COP 200 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:43 ZtyX COP 202 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:45 ZtyX COP 202 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:46 ZtyX COP 203 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:47 ZtyX COP 204 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:49 Aeonbug Pak 142 Uranus Stus HoverTank
9 14:49 ZtyX COP 205 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:50 ZtyX COP 206 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:52 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:53 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:54 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:56 Aeonbug Pak 142 Uranus Stus HoverTank
9 14:56 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base

Again, I’m not draining your base from ammo. I’m fighting and dying because that’s the only way to destroy underground turrets, which is impossible without dying… It has nothing to do with draining ammo, This is a list of me dying in your base.

I even respawned at a nearby base that I created for my attack, so I didn’t use “current location”.

I guessed you would come to the forum and complain about getting attacked and stating that it’s against the origin is bogus and shows another reason that you’re here only to get revenge and didn’t read the rules. Maybe you didn’t read the rules about ammo draining either. The developers clearly stated in their advertisement video that it is not against the rules to attack your own faction. I even made a roleplay story about how I am a Renegade Vigilante Cop. My ship designs and my chats show that I’m roleplaying.

So, I have recorded video of this and I will show it to the admins if they think it’s neccesary. I really don’t want to use my time recoding videos of every raid I do and upload it to Youtube. It really breaks immersion and I would rather just play, but I also don’t want to be punished for PvPing.

I don’t think only providing logs is enough evidence. Especially when ther person knows himself that he has an underground base with turrets. This topic only serves as a way for these guys to try and get revenge outside the game

I have a better case of griefing. Should I report you for griefing me last night when we had to logout due to a server restart and you logged in faster than me and destroyed my SV without giving me a fair chance to get in and fight?

Always record in HWS. ALWAYS. Even if you arent doing things of consequence, you can delete the recording later. But your only defense against claims of exploiting/cheating, etc is a video of you NOT doing it. You dont need to upload them to youtube, just keep them on an external storage in case you need one specifically.

Just an idea.
But to be fair to the poster here, you say you rearmed and went back in, which is consistent with the first intruder log. Not so much this part right here:

Thats 33 deaths in 1 hour and 13 minutes, with many of them one after another about a minute apart. That is the text book example that we see for someone who just respawns and runs at their pack. No matter how prepared you are, 1 minute is not enough time to rearm, and get back to your death location and fight in a meaningful way from spawning on your med bay. You may not intend it as ammo draining, but it fits the profile nonetheless.

Maybe bring a small sv and shoot at turrets, instead of going on foot next time?

But this, this is just silly. Destroying an attackers materials is not griefing. Its common practice in warfare.

2 Likes

First of all, do the logs show when you are outside the base area and shooting turrets?

Second, where is your guarantee that he didn’t post a selected part of the logs?

Third, I placed a base litterally next to his base, so I could respawn quickly and go. I don’t need to re-arm with a lot. I just need basics to attack his turret.

Here are the complete logs from the GRG Raid.

9 23:11 WHM DaddyStu GRG 29 Uranus Renegade Cop
9 15:30 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:29 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:27 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:26 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:25 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:23 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:22 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:20 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:19 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:18 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:16 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 15:15 ZtyX COP 208 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:56 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:54 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:53 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:52 ZtyX COP 207 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:50 ZtyX COP 206 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:49 ZtyX COP 205 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:47 ZtyX COP 204 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:46 ZtyX COP 203 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:45 ZtyX COP 202 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:43 ZtyX COP 202 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:42 ZtyX COP 200 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:41 ZtyX COP 199 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:39 ZtyX COP 198 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:38 ZtyX COP 198 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:36 ZtyX COP 197 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:35 ZtyX COP 196 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:33 ZtyX COP 195 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:32 ZtyX COP 194 Uranus Uranus Base
9 14:31 ZtyX COP 194 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:32 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:31 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:29 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:28 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:27 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:25 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:24 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:21 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:17 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Uranus Base
9 13:10 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus RunAbout
9 13:09 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus RunAbout
9 12:51 ZtyX COP 171 Uranus Hover Vessel (HV)
9 11:53 ZtyX COP 169 Uranus OGA JACK (GR)

As I said, I have video of what happened and I didn’t do anything wrong.

You got me wrong Ztyx. I am not complaining - that base is just a minor outpost and my losses were inconsequential. Thats not the point - the way you did it - particularly that segment quoted above by McPouty is certainly ammo draining. The logs do not lie. This seems to be your modus operandi as the original poster shows.

As for destroying your SV after restart - that was just a tiny bit of fun. Your mate then messaged me to say you were stranded and I offered to help you out.

Lastly - the log i posted above was completely unedited. Thats why other visitors/passersby are clearly included.

No hate needed in reply :slight_smile: - just posting up facts here.

2 Likes

No, that is not ammo draining and I have a video to prove that I used a nearby makeshift base.
The logs don’t lie, but they also don’t tell the full story, which is why the rule clearly states that you need to provide sufficient evidence if you want to get someone punished for exploiting
(read section 3.1: HWS Rules - 1. Bugs & Exploits).

You have nothing except a text log of me dying in your base.
And you need to consider the rule first. The rule is named “ammo draining” for a reason. It’s a rule set in place to stop people from draining ammo and breaking in to bases easily because the turrets run out of ammo.

Somewhere along the line, people like you stopped caring about what the rule is actually for and began to use it as a pretext to get revenge out of game.

This has all that has been necessary in the past in other instances.

The list goes on, if you care to continue

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/search?q=ammo%20drain

2 Likes

Thats 20 deaths in 11 minutes.

Dying roughly every 30 secs. Nothing you’ve said above explains that. Note that my only underground turret was a sole sentry gun.

Its impressive that you get back to get killed so quickly - you must be sprinting :slight_smile:

A video of this would be a good watch.

2 Likes

he built a base really close by to circumvent the “do not ‘spawn at current location’” stiuplation – hence the repeated reference to rules. just spawned in his own base, which happened to be “at the current location”

Clever. ish.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.