HWS 5.1 important big announcement!

Both EU are now ONLINE!!

Last one NA :smile:

I always shift delete…tried both o well…

To the donors, i know being new i really dont have much of a say here, and you can call me a kiss ass or tell me to shut the hell up to your hearts content, but come on guys… you should have known there was some form of “donator beware” beings you were donating to a heavily modded server with the game being in ALPHA state.

now, im not saying this to discourage donating, i know this servers been around for a long time, and as someone whos foot is just about in the door with game development, i can tell you that server maintenance ISNT CHEAP, nor FREE.

there WILL be stability issues, and from the time ive spent pouring over these forums over the last day or so, i see the mods, and server admins are doing one hell of a job keeping up with the demand here from both free party players, as well as the donating players.

you are going to have to accept that certain things cannot stay the same forever in a game of this state, but im pretty sure Rex will go out of his way to keep those that have donated in the past happy by some means, as well as accommodate the new donors, but you as a players are also going to have to understand that games in alpha state are very, VERY fluid when it comes to features…

hell Eleon could put in one feature and it can cause SERIOUS issues with a server of this size in an instant.
you HAVE to keep that as an understanding going forward.
YES, you paid RL money for something, and YES, you are entitled to some form of compensation for that donation as per what you agreed to upon donating, but keep in mind, ive seen many servers across multiple games simply pack up and bail on donors with money in tow… be thankful these people do not get sick of the abuse and simply follow suit.

Donations =/= agreement of sale, in ANY country, so please dont try to play that card. you signed no ToS, nor did you sign an agreement of sale from what i have seen, so you have no “contract” to fall on.

even with all the changes ive seen here, believe me, when i have the spare money i will happily donate to keep BOTH the NA and EU server going.
now by all means, get mad at me for taking the sensible stance here.

4 Likes

If you really want those files back, I suggest you refrain from touching that folder for now, grab a software for files recovery- “those files are still there although you don’t see them, and won’t be erased till overwritten by something else” , well there’s still a risk that the recovered files will be damaged but it all depends on how bad you need them :stuck_out_tongue:

Strange how that stuff is stored client side thou cant someone just edit it and cheat O_o?

yes, but that would incur punishment.
from my experience, usually for local files they are checked against the server, and if a discrepancy is found… instaban lol.

What can you do with a bp O.o it won’t be compatible with the game if you mess with it anyway.

1 Like

@everyone ALL HWS servers are now back online!

This did cost me over 6 hours… sure an automatic updater script is easy but what I did was:

• changed the universe. Black Hole + One way jumps. Everything calculated…
  • Changed resources everywhere where it was needed. Also hand picked
  • Surface wiped… ran through all playfield folders and deleted the files
  • adjusted playfield stuff like sealevel and pvp/pve
  • needed to implement Black Hole spontanously with a lot of asteroids
  • tested it

this for 3 servers… sigh…

So thanks again for all your feedback and *patience!

Have fun guys!

18 Likes

Ty rex! enjoy your birthday!

2 Likes

I seem to be unable to connect to the NA server since this patch. Is there some relevant local file on my rig that I could delete? I can connect to other servers, even create a character on the EU server. However, attempting to connect to NA just results in an infinite loading screen.

My character, headspace, was in orbit around Comet7 as of last night. Thanks.

Not trying to revive an old conversation, but you Sir need to learn and grow from this. No you are not greedy, you simply didn’t fully understand the world of “donating” and ended up being butthurt.

You donated more than you could spend for another purpose than simply “gifting”. Don’t worry, you’re not the first nor last to make this mistake.

To get the legal nonsence out of the way…

Simple legal fact:
When you donate a “gift contract applies”, regardless of what service or product was promised in return, the “Donee” (HWS) doesn’t have to uphold this promise to the “Donor” (You). Unless the donation was part of another contract deal, you can’t stir up legal trouble.

Now why does a Donee promise such things?
It’s called “marketing”. HWS in this case requires donations to keep their servers running. People need to be inspired to donate, it doesn’t just happen by itself in most cases.

How do you think organized donation festivals work? Same thing, but instead of a product or service they promise “Praise and Fame” coupled with a big crowd and ofcourse the more you donate, the bigger the potential prospect.

Unfortunately people fall for this sort of thing, they are promised “fame and glory or a product or service” and suddenly they forget it’s a donation by nature. The endresult might differ from expectations. There are those that understand this and there are those that don’t have this picture painted crystalclear.

TLDR: A donation is a gift. A gift is considered unconditional, both legally and in the heart. If you donate for the wrong reasons then karma awaits.

TLDR: The TLDR: Know Thyself!

@Kadean My advice to you would be. Next time you donate, ask yourself if you would be oke with the possibility of going home empty handed or not.

@RexXxuS Please don’t split the money policy between new/old players. There was only a slight deviation in what you promised and if we’re speaking about a donation benefit then there’s absolutely nothing to bitch about.

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s infinite? It took me forever to get in but it worked eventually.

That did it. It just took like 20mins or so. Thanks.

Hey @RexXxuS, @Jascha & @Achilles!!

Listen – i just got back from caring for my pop who just beat cancer (Woohoo!!) to read this update and (I haven’t checked yet) but to assume I probably lost my auto miners on starter before this work was completed(I wasn’t camping there and think I can’t go back now!)

But I don’t care – fantastic work!!! The progress you’re making with this update and leading into the future updates is really fantastic and I appreciate the hell out of it. Change is hard to swallow and it’s gonna take some time to get the groove but I think that these changes are really positive!

And I do think you should be managing your donation structure to better support the servers and it’s well being. This change may be hard to swallow, but what’s necessary is what’s necessary. My only advice on this topic would be communication to facilitate better change management, and being/hanging an “agent of change” – I’ll ping you on the side with some tips if you’re interested.

Beyond that, as a donator, I’m here to stay, and donate again, and love the ability to help be a part of this community.

Thanks for giving us all of this!!

• Hops
6 Likes

Just want to say to @RexXxuS and the team. Thank you for all you do. I love this game and this server.

3 Likes

Just to avoid standard trap, that majority of voices are from those who do not like something …

Count me to the list of donators who always considered donation as pure support for your team. I do not expect, that my benefits will last forever (yes, including planet), and I do prefer improvement of server, more fun, more challenge even if I lose donator features.

So, do not be afraid to change existing donator features…
Also, let people deal with their ingame loses because of bugs (it is still alpha) and spend more of your time with new features and bugs.

6 Likes

It’s good to support server.

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Man the amount of people who don’t know what the word donation means is amazing. You didnt purchase anything, you dontated to the server staying up. Who knows if you cant afford a planet maybe you’ll have to play the game for once rather than hiding on your tax shelter.

@RexXxuS

Hey guys - Could you edit this… its causing a bunch of confusion with Freelancers trying to use “+fa:survival” which it should now only be FA:Supply…

Also, @Jascha - Do Freelancers now EARN RP like the rest of us if they meet the warp/epic conditions?

Thanks!!