HWS 6.0 | Teaser Road to Release | Reputation System & Origins | Part I

Am I missing something crucial somewhere? How do Pirates, Hunters and Freelancers become guilty? From what I have seen so far Freelancers cannot become guilty. Could you please tell me how this part works for those three factions.

Yes. Either in the first post or let me hook it up for you:

Yeah I see the auto-guilt thing between Trader/Alliance being one big hot mess that you’re going to regret when everyone starts opening threads about being wrongfully guilted and how they lost all their stuff. Have you not learn from when this happened in the past? The first month when 5.0 we had this issue with factions in the same origin griefing. Didn’t most of the community determine in 5.0 that in the end we did not want to have alliances forced upon us and instead we would make our own RP? Are you telling me if someone from your origin blows up your ship while you’re offline, you can’t kill him without taking a hit?

And accidents are going to happen. A person in a warp sled or a workshop ship WILL get one shot by turrets if someone warps in near them and they are not allied. It happens all the time. Making alliances is not always so easy or a black and white thing because both faction owners have to be online at the same time and ppl with 2nd accounts make new factions just to spy so most guilds don’t want to ally with small 1-2 man factions.

If you’re going to force RP restrictions on trader/guardian, then you should force the same RP stuff on pirate and hunter. Pirate shouldn’t be allowed to ally with any factions even in their origin. Hunter shouldn’t be allowed to any non Hunter faction. Neither should be able to ally with Trader/Guardian and vice versa.

I think a better hunter board would be to allow player made bounties where you type in the person’s name and bounty payout, and have hws-connect take the credits from the player’s bank once submitted and then give them to the first person who accepts the contract and makes the kill. This would solve the issue with someone issuing fake bounties in global saying ‘100k to kill this guy’ then not paying up.

Maybe the player can pay a fee to keep his name as the bounty issuer anonymous and the person who has the bounty placed on them could pay 3x the anon fee to discover who the bounty issuer is.

p.s. and Rexxus maybe you should re-read exactly what you wrote about Pirate/Hunter/Lancer. You only state how they gain rep, not how they become guilty…

2 Likes

He did mention to keep an eye out for future announcements.

All the feedback is good feedback. But do keep in mind the whole picture is not clear yet and we are providing glimpses into how HWS changes and how you might start thinking about how origin impacts the way you play. This isn’t by any means a full run down of what changes or how to pick your path.

That said: We will have wrinkles, and we will have irons – Will rely on your feedback, of course, to help make sure we make the two of those meet on good terms and come out with a clean flat sheet.

love the hunterboard enhancements and see a lot of opporunity there!

wwwwwhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo its GTA 5 HWS style lol its on like donkey KONG lol whoop whoop AWESOME

3 Likes

Technical Question: Does the system recognise a player as being in the cockpit when using the drill turret on a CV? Given that you do not currently leave the cockpit to use the drill.

I have to echo concerns raised in this thread. Early days i know as there are more ‘teasers’ to come but as things stand it seems the situation will be heavily tilted towards pirates/hunters in v6.0

Many guardians / traders are considering switching because of this.

Wasn’t sure to post a suggestion here so i posted one on the Story thread:

The main gist of it is to suggest highly opinionated pointers regarding capabilities of Origins and also ramping up Monetary acquisition rewards to balance out the reduced RP rewards to the Origins that took a hit to RP gains. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am thinking the GUILTY system will really hurt those factions; Seems too heavy of a penalty.

Hunter and Pirates seem to be the best, whats the downside?

Are pirates only going to be able to ally with pirates?

I’m empathetic to and appreciate the amount of time, effort and responsibility had by rexxxus and the admins preparing for, and now especially on the cusp of 6.0 releasing. Im only putting this out there that maybe you will take time to consider the implications when things settle some.

Caveated that there are things yet to be revealed. It appears to me the auto guilt system will make inter-origin griefing, cross server and origin jumping very attractive things to do for those so inclined. In effect, encouraging behavior it was intended to discourage.

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards agreeing that the guilty system will hammer some factions & origins hard.
Unfortunately I don’t really know the full extent of empyrion’s API allowances. Am hoping that it allows the HWS team the ability to control or a timed pull for the play field pull info.

That way, we might possibility have the ability to only do a play field info pull on a timed basis (example: only pull every 1 hour or so), which gives somewhat of a “last known position” rather than a near real-time update (dependent on the speed on which HWS Connect calls the APIs & pulls the data. 15mins).
Possible suggestions will be to (could be a combination of points or none!):

1. Do a location pull only every Xmins (perps can spoof or throw people off their tails)

2. Do a Null/empty data pull when the player stays logged off for Xmins (HWS Connect will display a “-” on playfield entry)

3. When player gets slapped with GUILTY, pull location data of last 3 visited playfields (not sure if it stores that data for each player before the guilty function triggers), Hunterboard then displays last 3 visited locations in random order.

4. Do a location pull of current and adjacent systems. Hunterboard then displays all listed systems in random orders.

5. Do a location pull upon GUILTY charge only (aka Scene of Crime). Subsequently, only do a location pull when:
    A. Another player comes within range of Guilty party. Server announcement in game and Hunterboard updates.
    B. Guilty party gets hit with a fa:scan . Server announcement in game and Hunterboard updates.
    Not sure if it is possible to only announce to specific origins. (example: Hunters and Guardians only)

6. Guardians & Hunters get a very short cd on fa:scan (varying cds)

7. Guardians do not get penalized for killing Guilty players.

8. Guardians perk (command &/or structure to visit) where they pay for or get free location update (playfield data only) on Guilty Player ID (doesn’t work on offline player & also once every Xmins)

9. Hunter perk (command &/or structure to visit) where they pay for or get free location update (playfield data only) on Guilty Player ID (doesn’t work on offline player & also once every Xmins)

10. Guardian perk: Non guilty Traders or Non guilty Guardians that get rekt immediately sends a distress call to Guardian Origin players on perpetrators identity and location data.

11. Pirates perk: if fa:scan hits a Guardian or Hunter player, sends a message to Pirate Origin: “Avoid _____ Playfield”. if fa:scan hits any other origins, sends message to Pirate Origin: “Fresh Meat”

12. Guardian perk: Guilty Guardians (GG) get only their playfield data pulled. Submit yourself for judgement! Honor & Justice. D:

13. Just realized Traders can kill Pirates, Hunters & Freelancers without becoming guilty! Maybe they could get some reward (in reduced RP or CR) for killing guilty ones from these 3 origins.

A side Kudos to the HWS team for bringing us more content. Their stress though… GG

3 Likes

Sorry if already asked, I only just read this post and I have some quick questions that come to mind:

1. Are we allowed to trade kills with alt accs or friends for the purpose of gaining RP (caps at 10RP/day but still)?
  2. If I become guilty, am I allowed to go to a hunter-faction (which are my friends) and purposely let myself get killed by them?
  3. Black market trading for traders, allowed with friends for purpose of farming RP?
  4. As a trader I can play it as pirate as long as I only kill pirates and hunters? But damaging trader/guardian ships (as a trader) but without killing anybody = no guilt?
  5. As a trader I can get a max RP/day of 1+3+1+3 (last +3 is from alien container) = 8 total? But other factions can get more per day through kills? I suppose the purple alien container is also capped to once/day. So traders who need to most RP to buy stuff from NPC’s have the lowest max-rp-gain per day?
    If alien containers are not capped, that would be so OP for freelancers since those containers are literally everywhere.
  6. A trader killing a guilty guy will NOT reset his/her guilt?

7.What if I am a trader, I goto the base of another trader that I’m NOT allied with. His base kills me. Does he get guilt even though it’s my own dumb fault?
8. What is the respawn time for POI’s?

No.

This is almost your first question but well… this can be also done in GTA 5 for bounty.

Not possible anymore

Yes. (and Freelancer)

All of such calculations are at the moment 50% correct. The Alien Sacrifice story is more important as you think.
Anyways Trader should mainly sell stuff, not buy. But again, you will see.

No.

Re-read the first post… or here again:

We would go suicide to be able to tell every timer for NPC Trader and POI regeneration. Sometimes it is mentioned in some texts, sometimes not.
You will have to find out yourself.

There will be a disclaimer for sure in the announcement but to ease your brain already:

This system is new and there could be exploits etc. You are responsible to REPORT such things to us and NOT abuse it!

1 Like

Just going to say excited to jump back in with 6.0! Can’t wait to see how everything comes together.

1 Like

So to clarify. If you pilot a cv and you have someone using your turret and it kills someone, the pilot gets the credit and not the person manning your turret?

Ah, I adjusted the general info:

• Structures which are not controlled / piloted by you or passengers do not trigger the RP / Guilty system

Should be more clear now I hope?

That part is more clear. My question is concerning multicrew ships. Trying to help with the lag by reducing ship count and actually running with a crew on my CV. If the gunner doesnt get some credit then we would just rotate the pilot.

Ok to be even more clear:
everyone who is sitting in a turret and kill another one (guilty or origin related) get the reward :slight_smile:

So imagine you have a 5 man manned Hunter CV and each is killing 5 guilty people… happy days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Multicrew ships here we come. Love this.