HWS 6 | Big changes coming! Update!

hahaha no ur smudgy !! :smiley:

That’s not really true though. We have made plenty of good looking ships that do not need high tiers.

The issue right now is that CVs do not die. They loose turrets and leave.

Lag shots and donging were really the only way CVs died before and now with that mostly fixed - they don’t.

I took my old squid design that was previously Tier 6, gutted the interior to the point that it was T2 and then refilled it back to T4. Even getting pounded by 4 people all it lost was some turrets allowing me to leave at my leasure.

It’s boring and pointless to have these CV fights where at the end everyone ends up the loser who has to replace turrets and repair their ships with nothing to show for it as it ended in a stalemate.

I admit I only had a few fights in 6.0 but I really have zero interest in further fights as in all of them people just left with impunity. This is why I was and am so fanatical about the SV tackle as it’s currently the only way to prevent running.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that pretty princes 150k block ships are for creative and dedicated pve servers as on PvP servers they are unkillable lag behomoths and have no place here.

1 Like

Please can you guys spell out what a full wipe is?

Like are AM’s/OCD’s affected? If so then how so please :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance and cheers for all the hard work!

No they’re not.

World wipe and player files.

1 Like

I completely agree. I believe something needs to be fixed for this issue, of creative designs/armor beasts, at a game-level. For the server, I believe class 3s will result in better fights.

Sorry, need to add: I don’t understand how a class 2 ship can have interesting interiors, along with amenities and remain class 2, I had a hell of a time creating my class 4 CV for this server, its not pure PvP, its designed to put up a fight and survive an engagement, but it would loose against a pure PvP designed ship absolutely, but its made to live on, small farm, storage, fridges, all the things you need to live comfortably on a ship day after day, and I struggled so much keeping at class 4, I had to scrap several, several areas to accommodate.

2 Likes

I can tell you exactly what trouble you were having, without even seeing your ship.
Two things: Lights and Curves.
Take some decorative piping and columns out, and replace with a teensy bit more blocky edges, and your class drops a lot. Drop down the light count, and up light radius, and you lose even more. You might say “Well matt, I need lights to grow crops!”. I know, but here is the thing, no one said you needed to grow your crops ON the same ship you are designing. Make a small cv, sealed with basic thrusters. Throw on crop plots and lights. Park it in deep space. Now all those points towards class size are on a DIFFERENT ship, and you still have a farm.

1 Like

MOBA should be size class 1. Let’s really make it interesting.

It’s not about the food. It’s about the aesthetics. Some plants really brighten up the CV.

1 Like

I completely agree with everything EXCEPT the changes to the OCD and I think there are more players that dislike the changes then like it at this point. I would love to be able to donate for a higher OCD thats isnt ptw so just make a higher lvl without the perks and adjust the others to a new lvl with perks. As it stands 50k is ok for fuel, food , plants but not when it comes to ingots. Just rethink this OCD plan of yours as I do not understand if having a bigger OCD causes the server lag but i though it was on a whole different system.

The ocd change has nothing to do with performance. It is a power balance. 5 million things is a considerable amount of things to have on day one of a server. I maintain that if it had been the capacity on day one, no one would have ANY issues. We just got spoiled by the ridiculous 700k per slot. If you have too much to store, consider selling it and buying valuable things. Or making reactor cores/combat steel blocks. A lot of resource density in those two.

3 Likes

Might I also suggest to turn off deep space collision if it is possible? Just had a cargo box blow up in my face when I accessed it with F.

Yea deep space so there goes the stuff in there too!

Aye, these are things I learned designing it, I dropped the lights all way down to 6 (still have the farm on board, I sacrificed other areas specifically to have an on-board farm though, so I coulda went different, but I’ve been stranded without food too many times, so I thought it necessary, I suppose thats all preference in that regard, but due to the weird plants dying intermittently, I won’t do an on-board farm again in future builds.)
I scrapped all the pipes I could (had to, to get what I needed on-board).
Not gonna lie… the ship is great, like I said, not pure pvp, but didn’t want that, wanted a livable ship.
It has all the points I NEED, it has half the points I WANT.
Although the decorations is about half of what I usually do, which was hard to not do, haha.

In the end, I ended up having 3 internal areas blank because I could not support any further devices for those areas. Something that, at this point, would require a redesign of the ship, which I wont do, I’ll just make another ship!
Learning experiences.

My Cruiser < if interested in seeing it, I dont have any internal pics right now.
Inspired by the Cayman frame, but made usable.

a few things i would like changed.

1. egs-recycle should be cost free, it doesnt make sense to charge for this.
  2. egs-recycle should also be able to recycle bases, it doesnt make sense, to disallow bases,
    really why even do that?
  3. factions - if someone is offline you cannot remove them from the faction? what? this is the strangest bug, ive noticed, very very strange. Maintaining faction control is important, if someone is gone from the faction for 10 days anywayz, I think perhaps they should be easily remove-able at the least. What if perhaps its someone in a different time-zone? they are always on, when you are always not? they are annoying, and you want them gone, you are the founder, but… cannot remove them if they are offline, wtf? seems like the strangest anti-feature ever.
  4. also the devs disabled the suicide button? seriously? just annoying.
  5. hunter h1 impossible. i did complete this start, but noticed 2 things kinda strange. 1. mobs can walk on water??? wtf? inescapable mobs - no matter what mountain i climbed i couldnt lose them,
    also they are much faster than me, and with a limited sprint, i 100% could not out-run them.
    It seems a little unfair if 1 there is no safe place like in water, or top of mountain, and 2. you cant out-run them?
  6. interest capped at 1mil, what??? is this a joke? this is pretty game changing for alot of people. im sorry but alot of people dont wanna mine crap all day long, when you get to a certain point in the game, having an ability to have 100 mil in the bank, and get 1 mil everyday, is a pretty important feature, and reward, for advanced players. Its in a way, a way of leveling up, and showing progression. the only other way to get large amounts, is to sell on the market, most should be active on the market, but… seems not good to change this all of a sudden.
  7. yes please allow class 5 cvs maybe by building only. cv4 spawnable, but you can upgrade up to class 5, please make this for bases as well. class 4 bases and ships is just a tad limitable. I just came up with a famous idea to get around this entire issue, its a new design asthetic, however…
1 Like

Max amount in your bank is 1 billion. Not 1 million

1 Like

Are the indistructable POI’s part of the problem? I know that one issue we are having with the POI’s and the metorites is that the meterorites are dropping at the POI’s and we cannot destroy these meterorites because the POI’s kill our mining equipment.

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Possible new donation option / Community feedback: Admin Core Hideout

+1 please allow the old storage capacity for OCD for wipe and apply your current changes after wipe

Oh yeah actually didn’t think about condensing all my ingots into devices …good idea!
thanks mcprouty

No thanks. I like sunrise and set, trees and hv’s.

2 Likes

[quote=“Doc, post:34, topic:6101”]
. egs-recycle should also be able to recycle bases, it doesnt make sense, to disallow bases,
really why even do that?
[/quote]Because otherwise I got to the nearest big POI every 12 hours, drill out the core with SV and get 50.000 free combat blocks?

3 Likes

As a side note, can we get the new server to provide us with poi markers at range or the poi’s rather than well within their range. I am not complaining (but I would like to) about the difficulty of the POI’s, but the fact that our artillery has been gimped and we cannot shoot their poi’s anymore on the HV’s require us to know where their POI’s are at all times, especially as the number of POI’s are so many that you cannot make a move without hitting into another poi.