HWS 6.X.X Patch | Economy 2.0 | Tax 2.0

Is this tax purely for ECC btw or is it going to apply to ALL taxed PVP/PVE playfields?

My break even logic is that when an investement is made, you should end up making profits out of it.
If buying the fifth level of the bank will not return the money invested into it, what is the point of buying it, if in the end, you end up with less money?

Every income outside the bank, you’ll have no matter if you have the bank at lvl 1 or 5, so it should not count towards the investement breaking even.

I’m not judging the daily income, i’m only judging the time it takes to have a return on investement, and thats assuimng you have from start the full profit cap.
First proposistion by rex had a 60 days return time, thats bad. Your was better,s till i think too high, don’t forget that time you gotta spend to even amass that ammount of money.

2 Likes

Yeah I like chanceing the Bank system. We need it.

but you need 190.000.000 Credits to get bank to lvl 5 (140.000.000) and 50.000.000 to become 2.500.000 Credits tax. That means you need 56 Days to get your 140.000.000 back.

But then you need the RP and 190 million to start.

When Rexxus fixed that Problem the changes would be great. For now Nobody would buy bank lvl 2 and nooooobody would buy bank lvl 5.

1 Like

Rex already changed it since then, its now 72mil to get eb 5, and you can make your money back 29 days after you buy EB 5 and have at least 50mil in bank.

But from the look of things it now requires you to do active money making for Eb 5 to be worth while if you only earn interest and afk then you’d prob stop at Eb 3 and make your money back, but even Eb 3 is nice its 900k profit per day.

Ups perhaps I should first read :smiley:

only read it yesterday

Yep great Rex. That makes sense but you cant get mega rich in one Season!

Hurray Hurray ! I like it

so whats the bottom line:

How much does one need to start of bank 5 (inc RP cost) and how many days before making profit?

My maths is not great plus I am at work. If someone to calculate that please.

Being a noob myself, does this mean there will be a full wipe on Friday?

If that is your biggest problem, do like what the police do. FINE the person parking illegally, and double the fine for each hour after the first twenty-four hours. So after the first 24 hours of being in a system not meant for parking, a timer begins, and each hour after that, your tax/fine doubles. 12 becomes 24, 24 becomes 48, 48 becomes etc… Compound interest on the fines. After 7 days, the offending ship is deleted regardless of the ability for someone to pay the fine. Problem solved.

every hour for 7 days compounding doubling xD LOL thats 168 hours lets say your fine is 1credit after about a day and a half 32 hours your fine will be 2 billion O_o

But yes some type of tax modifier will be great if it could be applied to certain area’s situations Eg: ECC or close to core limit planets but doubling every hour xD is insane.

So too is chasing new players away with planets that are nearly twice as hostile as every other planet in the game. 2/3 of my faction refuse to play, because they cannot survive more than 10 minutes on the noob planet. They value their time more than playing on this server. Of most new players, the noob planet is a gateway which is closed, as older players cannot help the noob player without killing themselves with a ship in their factory ready to go.

Currently HWS wants new blood, but it doesn’t want to change the way the server is played to do so. New players don’t care about the banks, the market, or other elements, when they cannot get off the noob planet.

You repeat yourself Lokiet and to be honest:

I tried it myself. I watched many new players hidden in godmode invisible and asked people.
The whole idea of HWS 6.X was to simplify the start by 1000% compared to the hail and meteor horror at HWS 6.0.

If you can’t survive on the Trader Planet - labeled as “Very Easy” you have to do the Tutorial first or train a bit on Singleplayer before.
HWS is and was never labeled as a “Tutorial” or “How to survive doing nothing and get everything from second 1” server.

But please stop posting your rage suffer on random topics.
Thanks.

1 Like

Arrg I will try but as Rex has said its not straight forward anymore, because now active incomes are a thing and it’ll speed up your return on investment considerately.

So considering amount of money invested without optimization(without using active income) till it pays itself off in pure interest.

Bank 1
Investment 0
Max interest possible (1x(10mil/100)) = 100k per day
Credit amount where its better to upgrade to Bank 2: 0.101mil x 100 / 2 = 5.05mil + 2mil = 7.05mil

%profit x Interest Limit / 100 = Max interest per day.

Credit amount (From Eb 1’s (Credit limit) +1k credit) = Max interest per day x 100 / % profit (From Eb 2)

Credit amount = 101k (0.101mil) x 100 / 2 = 5.05mil (then you have to add the cost of the next upgrade) so +2mil = 7.05mil.

Bank 2
Investment 2Mil
Max interest possible (2x(20mil/100)) = 400k per day
How many days at max interest to pay of initial investment 2mil/0.4 = 5 days
Credit amount where its better to upgrade to Bank 3: 0.401mil x 100 / 3 = 13.37mil + 10mil from investment of Eb 3 so 23.37mil

Bank 3
Investment 10Mil
Max interest possible (3x(30mil/100)) = 900k per day
How many days at max interest to pay of initial investment 10mil/0.9 = 11 days
Credit amount where its better to upgrade to Bank 4: 0.901mil x 100 / 4 = 22.525mil + 25mil from investment of Eb 4 so 48.37mil

Bank 4
Investment 25Mil
Max interest possible (4x(40mil/100)) = 1.6 mil per day
How many days at max interest to pay of initial investment 25mil/1.6 = 15.6 days
Credit amount where its better to upgrade to Bank 5: 1.601mil x 100 / 5 = 32.02mil + 35mil from investment of Eb 5 so 67.02mil

Bank 5
Investment 35Mil
Max interest possible (5x(50mil/100)) = 2.5 mil per day
How many days at max interest to pay of initial investment 35mil/2.5 = 14 days

With Eb costs in-between you won’t really be able to rush to 5 but also with active credit earning activities you can speed it up so its extremely dependent on player.

1 Like

So from EB1 to EB 5 Best outcome is about 45 days just to break even. Which leaves at best 15 days till wipe best anyone can make then is 37 mil profit and that’s the best outcome. @Fulgrim what do you make of Kogami figures?

I haven’t been raging, I have been stating the problems people have told me as they quit your server. I am telling you the problems I face, and the direction I advise you not go down. I warn against actions which only are making the problems this server face worse. But time will prove me right, so go right on ahead and paint thsoe who do not agree with you as being trolls or raging. But all of these issues I have raised are interconnected, they are all also raised by you throughout this discussion thread as part of your defense of what you are changing. So when you want to make a change and defend it by saying that it is for the new players own good, you introduce the discussion the issues new players face and what turn them off to your server.

I can’t recall where I saw it but I remember Rex saying 3 month season somewhere…

@Lokiet Making the server noob friendly will break this server, it cant handle the billion triangles until the Devs decide the game is almost done and takes it out of alpha and puts it into beta and optimizes the code it’ll never be noob friendly, but it doesn’t need to noob’s can play solo or on other servers like I did for the first 3 weeks once you get good at the game and desire a challenge then this server becomes really appealing, no other server will give you this kind of challenge and to me its a good thing. Quality > Quantity

Now if it does go 3 months then 112 mill profit is worth the time and effort

1 Like

its still posible to make a profit in 2 months but it will be hard lol, otherwise EB 4 is perfectly fine.

O you cant really add up those days to get break even point as those are only to recoup the initial investment although its possible to grind credits and Rp for 1 week straight (6 hours a day lol) and get straight to eb 5 then at 2.5mil per day you have to make up the initial investments of 35+25+10+2 72 / 2.5 = 29 days so if your a work hourse its posible to recoup all your money in about 35 days lol.

Everything just feels so disorganized about this game and HWS lately in the multiplayer aspect as of late. It’s only been one Nerf after another that has now resulted in a fully fledged grindfest game from what originally offered more freedom and passive ways to play on a schedule that used to fit everyone.

For that I have decided to stop playing on HWS during the meantime and may return to Single Player which is still a great game and actual representation of what Empyrion is meant to be.

As I personally consider HWS to be my official multiplayer experience in Empyrion, in its current state has taken a big step backwards with this forced grind whilst the latest No Man’s Sky atlas rises update has also been very enjoyable thus far.

RexXxuS: Thank you for making this an enjoyable experience, for as long as it lasted and I always wish you the best. Never ever give up!

I understand this is an alpha, still having faith in the potential of HWS and will check back in the future.

GLTYA

1 Like