HWS 6.X.X Patch | Economy 2.0 | Tax 2.0

O_o it doesn’t really have to be grind fest only if you choose it to be, you could easily get by on eb 3 an hour or 2 gold mining a week checking autominers on pve planets every once in awhile and the rest of the time doing what ever you wish.

Between the grindfest feeling, and the difficulty of play on the planets, this is precisely what I have been saying is sending people away. Nurfing stuff is what happens when you have run out of ideas of how to fix the mistakes of the past, you are in effect, telling the players that your time is not valued and the play styles you have developed are now to be made worthless.

You do not make peoples time worthless if you need them to stay, and given that I hardely see the player count reaching 30 people per server at their height… I believe that there is in fact a shortage of players. As with any economic system, the scarcity of players indicates that they become more valuable and thus rewarded more often.

You keep bringing up how hard it is to survive on these planets and I can’t understand that… You’re saying that the starters are too hard? I mean 1 - its a survival game, and 2 - the starters are like 10x easier than they were 2 months ago, and MANY people were able to survive that deathfest to continue onto better things. If you or your friends are finding the easiest (or really, even the hardest) starter planet on this server too hard, I think that’s a you/them problem, not a server problem. The starters are NOT that hard, sorry.

Yeah… Everything HWS admins have done is specifically to tell people that their time is not valued. They listen to people gripe, make specific changes that people want (even in this thread, alone), and change things that aren’t working specifically because they don’t value you or your time. Perfect logic.

2 Likes

Getting an interest of 10.000.000 per day is so much!!! I am saying this as a new player who started playing this season on HWS. I was farming resources for the half of the season. Now I have been collecting interest, did many POIs got a level 10 AM by donation. I did not spend much of my money and still have about 1.500.000 credits only!!! I am not a good trader maybe, but also not the worst.
From my point of view it will take several seasons to get this 10.000.000 of interest per day and that’s the same for everyone who is starting here. So my game is very difficult, right? Let me make something clear: I am not asking to make it more easy. It must be this difficult. I like it this way. But for some veterans even with the changes it is still boringly easy.

If I would have 10 Mil interest per day, what would I buy with that? I could buy abot 5-10 ships from the garage per day. I could buy more ressources than I would ever need and I could wreck a big CV every day and would not care. It is probably more money than I can ever spend (except you want to camp in taxed systems, what i did for one day and had to pay 136.000 credits (nearly 10% of what i have in total) and then did never again.
Inflation means there is more money in the system than goods services, resulting in the prices to go high. Gold and credits are losing value compared to the goods and services in the system. Rexxxus is trying to fix this and he is moving towards the right direction. This is necessary to keep the server alive and to give motivation to new players. New players don’t see any point in farming gold/credits if some of you guys are already far (!!!) above 10 Mil interest per day (So nobody will go into PvP, right?) It will result in new players to quit in the late game - I see myself as an exception. If new players quit, who will quit next?

So some have been asking for giving value to long term players. You already got it! Some of you even got much more than you deserve, because some still keep complaining.

EB Upgrade levels can be adjusted. I think that’s a point that can be discussed. But complaining about interest being to low now is pointless and (I’m sorry to say that) silly!

On the short term some veterans will not see that these changes are good, because they lose something. But on the long term it is good for everyone, because the game is getting more attractive for new players. And you veterans need these guys, otherwise you will be bored and quit sooner or later. Please try to get the big picture behind it and see it long-term. It will be good.

1 Like

Noo lol you are not understanding what is being said here the 10million means only 10million of your money can get interest at this level anything more wont get interest meaning 2 good things, at Eb level 1 if you have 10million you make 100k credits if you have 50million at Eb 1 you also make 100k credits but! you can spend 40million without loosing any of your profit per day, if you spend 45million thou you will only have 5million left and only make 50k profit a day.

Yes, you are right. I got something wrong here. So you can probably not wreck a big CV per day, but it is still a lot and even much more reasonable than what I thought first.
So it’s 1.000.000 of interest per day and still a huge advantage, always compare it to the goods you can buy. If someone has more money than goods being in the market system, the economy is broken. It’s exactly like this for some of the players. These changes will fix it for future players.

Ok so from some gold mining tests I could get 5000 gold ore in an hour in a dangerous area I could probably make 10-15k in an hour if i was part of a big faction that owned the golden globe but ill work off 5k for now 5000 gold ore makes 5000 gold coins which equals to 250k credits per hour so at max Eb 5 2.5million per day is equal to 10 hours of mining gold for most players or 3 and a half hours for a pro in the best faction.

And from Bank heist which I hear is ridiculously hard you make 70k every 5 hours so to make 2.5million you would need 178 hours. If there was no reset timer and they could be run every 10minutes that’s 2.5mil / 70k = 35 / 6 = 6 hours.

This is my only concern xD but I Guess Rex did say there is more missions coming I hope either we can run them more often or the reward is a lot more than 70k

you mean 100 000 (1 hundred thousand per day not 1mil xD for eb 1)

Yes, sorry. Not my day.

1 Like

For veteran players, use to dyin a lot, the starter planets aren’t unbearable, but for new players, the ones who aren’t tied to specific servers, you will not gain the people just coming to the game.

You do not grow from the top down (veteran players) you grow from the bottom up (inexperienced players).

As for valuation of time? Again, nurffing late game (the market and banks are late game), just to appease people who aren’t as rich as some (I’m among the moderately poor with only 22 million) is exactly what tells us that you don’t value our time. You are bleeding new players, which cost you experienced players looking for something to do other than play the market.

If you want the market to have value, stability is key, just like the real world markets. The stability I speak of is the bank, autominers, and orbiter cargo. If those transporting goods and services don’t feel that they can transport safely, they raise their prices, which causes inflation because to buy goods you must mine (make) more gold.

If you really wanted to slow the inflation of gold, make only one planet to have gold, and it pvp, but understand that only late stage and highly skilled players will have access to this one site. They will battle each other, and they will kill anyone mining, to obtain their gold.

Again, the market is the only real latestage game play this game has, and forcing people into this banking system which defies any resemblance to real world banking, is not going to help.

What causes inflation is mainly the existence of interest not gold deposits or meteorites.
So Rexxxus is targeting interest, what is absoultely correct if you want to reduce inflation. In a small economic system like here on the server, inflation can have a much larger and faster impact, than in a large economy (thousands or hundreds of thousand of participants). It was necessary. I’m very sure about that.

2 Likes

i took some time to read all and i think this:

Banks were total overkill, we made so much money i have no idea where to use them (exept for OCD) its good that it will be nerfed and even better is that i manage to get mine 77 mils from 17 without lifting a finger or playing the game.

Now imagine what would happen if this nerf woudnt come, next season 3 TCH banks with 150 mils income every day…its insane.

1 Like

Please tell me the secret to filling a lvl 5 OCD in 2 weeks. I want to know.

I’ve been following this thread and I have many millions myself but one question strikes me. What is the point?

You get creds to make more creds through interest… and more creds - more than you can ever spend.

Are we not playing a space survival and latterly a PvP space combat game?

1 Like

Exactly, we moved from survival to monopoly, its nice to see as we as civilisation really developed, from poor scavengers roaming through space trying to survive to corporations trying to make profit we dont need anymore. From server start to nerly 7.0.
But yeah its too much for sure. I recently lost a lot due to vacation, fully loaded nearly 300k iron CV, some other small CVs, about 4 prototypes and so on. I couldnt care less. And thats weird, i should be sad from loosing so much.

While i understand Fulgrin and Gunslinger, my faction mates, come on guys, we have a lot anyway…at least enough to take out from OCD and have afternoon full of pew pew and thats why we are here.

Although I agree that establishing bank at start of seasson should be profitable when season ends for sure, otherwise theres no reason to establish such bank, maybe only because we can :smiley:

nono i like the new interest rates bank level 2 2%, that sounds great to me

Perhaps I’ll change my approch, since everyone here seems to think that the market prices are attached to any form of meaningful value.

The market doesn’t have value, not because a few people have so much, but because everyone can build everything. There is no scarcity of resource, by which to apply value to anything. You can make anything and everything in the game, and until that changes, until you cannot make every element of the game, and this limitation applies to the spawning of factory built CV, HV, SV and Bases, you are not going to change this failure of value. As the market is set now, the ore and stuff have value, because those with all the money who could at their whim crash the economy, do not do so.

If you look at the market and my prices, I set no actual value. If someone sells Iron for X, I set it for X- 1,000. Why? Because that is compeittion in the market place. It is a valuation set by the supplier of ore, not the buyer of ore.

So what you are all arguing about has next to nothing to do with the market, it is invey of the wealthy, whom are doing nothing but sitting on their money. I tried to be nice, tried to open avenues of discussion by attacking your arguments, but one insult after another is just childish.

Those with the wealth have been responisble with it, other than parking their ships in taxed zones, which hasn’t been a major problem in the NA server. I have been to the EU server and yes, they are annoying with bogging down the server, so delete their ships, that would teach them or it would clean up the server.

What this envy amounts to is wanting to hinder new wealthy players, from rising an being able to actually afford OCD lvl 7. What this actually amounts to, is feeling insecure about players flying Server built ships and being able to lose them daily. This were two errors I argued against inititating as HWS began to implament server built ships, and the changes to the OCD’s which began to limit their use. Then pricing these things beyond a single players ability to obtain, forced players to contribute to the faction as a whole, each then built up multiple millinos, defeating the weak safeguards put into place.

You are blaming the lack of fire alarms for the fire set by a child who obtained matches and now you want to put those matches into a safety box, after the house has already been engulfed into flames and will be burnt to ash before the firemen can outten the flames. In so doing, the apparent envy of wealth, shows new players and old, that their time contibuted to the server, can be stripped away by those who are envious of those who adapted and overcame what was thrown at them.

Human’s will always see walls, then climb them. No matter the size of the wall, no matter how perfect the guard towers might be. Again, time will prove me right.

Why do you think Rex put a limit on the amount of interest that generates tax, he could have just lowered the % like most of us where suggesting but without realizing that that limit was so that we where free to use any money over that limit by putting back into the market without feeling like we are loosing the interest off of that money, I agree with you to some extent money is valued in time, but these changes sure they might not fix all the problems we have on the server but they are heading in the right direction. Its 1000 times better than last season where people had 5 billion credits… Id say its a bladdy good improvement.

1 Like

Granted, my earlier response to you reeks of condescension, and for that I’m sorry. But I attacked your arguments, not you. I don’t think anyone here really understands what your arguments on the thread really are (correct me if I’m wrong). You say that the starter planets are too hard, but as far as I can tell, few people (if any) agree with that statement, ESPECIALLY given what they were at the beginning of this season. It isn’t because we childishly attack you, it’s because you’ve given no evidence or reason to support other than “my friends and I die all the time”.

Then, you state that changes like the ones outlined in this thread are made because the admins are running out of ideas and don’t value anyone’s time but their own, which logically makes absolutely no sense. Why would an admin (here i’m speaking specifically of Rexxxus) dump so much of his own time into something like this and make the changes (regardless of how you or others feel about them now) if he didn’t value your time or your existence on the server? Your argument veers from questionable to nonsensical, objectively.

Overall, it looks like you think the biggest problem is the economy upon which this server is built. You keep dropping real world examples into your argument as though those have ANY place in a game world in which the value you place on your money is directly proportional to the time you spent to get it and less about what you can use it to buy (given that the range of what you can buy is extremely limited). Those who have spent the time to pump up banks full of money (or those who smartly gamed the system by pooling money and getting fat interest) place different value on that money than do the people just starting out. You can’t make blanket statements of “this is the single problem” or “if you do this, then it will fix everything” with an economy that is, in essence, run by like 100-200 people whose financial status varies so widely. People with 1,000,000,000 in the bank and full OCDs have no need to spend their money on stacks of iron on the market, while people starting out have absolutely no ability to drop 2M on a Rhea and can’t afford the iron they could lose by getting their ship destroyed looking for gold.

Things change… Something they thought would work long-term several months ago has turned out to not work as well.

I’m still not sure what about…

2 Likes

???
Who filled in two weeks? OCD filled through seasons. After new season they got aimless in 2 weeks, because they had everything again on the second day.

Edit: I think OCD as small backup storage would give better gaming experience for players.