HWS 6.X.X teaser | A new EGS feature! EGS Stealth!

Really epic idea :smiley: its great only question is :Lets say you stealth your ships then log off, when you log on again will you be floating in space dying of the cold while trying to type the commands in fast before you die xD.

log off in an escape pod maybe? or with EVA boosts on

1 Like

I think the intention will only be for structures in space. Think about it, planets are FAR smaller than space. Say you setup a base on planet and use stealth on it and go offline. Now, say a rival faction knows the location of said base, and sets up multiple bases around the location of your base. So, it can now go 3 ways; you can in-stealth your base to be clobbered to death, try to wait them out 5 days, at which time it automatically un-stealth and same scenario occurs, or you can try to kill off all 3 bases, which you may not be able to destroy them in its entierty causing, with other unforeseen consequences. In short, bases stealth sounds good, but can easily be just as bad.

1 Like

Great feature @RexXxuS!

Just to clarify, if we want to stealth two ships in front of me (and Iā€™m in a third one) so I should use the command with ID, but can I run this command twice to stealth both?

For RP, I agree we can buy it but the formula is 10% of what we have, thatā€™s why I always avoided buying it :slight_smile: this also is punishing , the more money you have the more you pay for RP so one person can buy it for 100000 and the other will pay 2M both for 1 rp point.

Great work as always

Well if your faction stopped offline raid evryone we would not need any commands to protect our property

Property is an abstract idea. Instead, I prefer to thinking of it as ā€˜reallocating equipmentā€™, from you to me.

lol. Not so long ago, one SV run from 2 CV and 2 SVā€¦ And NO ONE hit it from 500-800 mā€¦ Than one maneuver and it goes 1.5-2 km ā€¦ And what next? Stealth and GG? Man, right NOW - PvP broken to hell. All rockets so slow, that they COULDNT hit target in 500 m in front of u. Same to turrets - they didnt aim on move, so ALL shoots miss the target. And rockets and missilesā€¦ They disappear before they could contact SVā€¦ Soā€¦ Yes, 2k its to low distance. w8 for glitches.

Btw, objects could be seen more than 2 km, by their ā€œmodelā€, biger ship - longer u see it. So u could pursuit it even if it didnt shown on radar.

I guess it was somewhere wrong written by me but nope, you can only use the command once. So you have to decide if you want one single ship in stealth or all.
Everywhere are compromises I guess.

1 Like

Why not have it so that the stealthed object destealths upon discovery (2,000 meters)?

Because then what is the point? In terms of a viable attempt at offline protection that is less exploitable than empyrionā€™s OP that is. If it just reappears any time anyone would have seen it anyways, who is going to burn a reputation point on making their ships unload from a playfield?

As I said - it is advanced technology 7000! Not some cheap stuff

2 Likes

This is a really good change. Iā€™ve been waiting for this for a long time. It will make the server much more accessible for the casual user.

Frequently I know I wonā€™t be able to play for another week or so. I fly out to 80+km. Nobody is going to find the ship, but itā€™s still going to lag server resources. Whatā€™s the point?

My only concern is the RP cost. Why not make it free? It is difficult to see how this could be too badly abused (except maybe factions stealthing a bunch of ships in an orbit for ambush later, but that will happen with/without RP cost)

1 Like

[quote=ā€œRexXxuS, post:11, topic:6775, full:trueā€]It means: as long as a player who is online is near you (up to 2000 meter) you canā€™t use the egs:stealth:on command. Itā€™s blocked.
Later if your ships are in stealth mode people can pass your stealth ships as they want. They wonā€™t get revealed.
[/quote]

Also to be clear this also means that you canā€™t use ā€œegs:offā€ when enemy players is 2000m from you? Meaning you canā€™t use the turn off stealth when the enemy is chasing you closer then 2000m from you?

Also is this just for enemy or your allies to?

Further, couldnā€™t this feature be used to exploit by seeing an enemy and then immediately stealthing each time you see them. Because from my video here below you can see the target sign from those two capital vessels from 150km which iā€™m guessing translates to 1500m? And if you notice at the start of the video you can see them in the background from about 3000 meters which is about 300km?

So my humble suggestion is that you change it to 3000 meters instead of 2000 meters because by 2000 meters it is still pretty visible.

Rexx and the HWS team thank you very much for putting such commendable effort in bringing this cool feature to the HWS community. Really awesome fellas!.. Congratsā€¦

Even if someone sees you and stealths, why is that bad? Iā€™m so confused I really am.

Didnā€™t you all want offline raid protection back? With that combat logging was a major problem. Now with this feature if someone stealths while youā€™re coming at them just camp them. I mean they wonā€™t be able to use that vessel until they unstealth. Think of it like a feature, someone stealths and the stealth will hold for a specific amount of time. If you are determined you siege that area till he has to come out of stealth.

I guess a solution to all this would be some cool down to activation, or more involved coding would be you cannot activate if youā€™re taking damage.

I still think though as is this is a great feature.

Rexx so i just had an idea that just popped into my head.

Lets think metaphorically now that the reputation is a sign that your a great space explorer or great space warrior with lots of experience fighting in space and exploring the unknown, and have accrued alot of advanced technology from advanced civilizations all around the galaxy.

Now lets say depending on your reputations you can put a commend that can stop someone from cloaking if they are in a certain distance from you for example level one stops your enemy from cloaking at 3000k meters from you as long as your in that range from them and that commend lasts about 5 minutes. So they canā€™t cloak if they are being chased because you put the commend EGS:Pulse or some other name for that commend. So that commend will release a pulse laser charge that wonā€™t let anyone stealth from so and so distance for 5 minutes or until the pulse laser charge is dispersed.

I hope maybe that this helps with some ideas Rexx and Jascha and the HWS team. :slight_smile:
Also because as you said Rexx this feature is something to replace off line protection. And so i think that by abusing this feature by going stealth each time you see an enemy in ā€œpvpā€ is kind of like combat logging where you see them and go offline to avoid the fight. This should perhaps give the other side of the picture a chance to do something with a type of commend that discourages people just combat logging by going stealth and logging off days or five days or whatever.

Thanks Israel for the idea but I think it isnā€™t needed. At least in that scenario.
I wrote it already:

The last thing people will or should do is to go into stealth mode. It will be their death testament.

Your idea of a general scanner / unstealth feature might come later.
We still have the possibility of

egs:upgrade:stealth

and depending on the levels there can be cheaper RP costs, greater stealth distance, or even unstealthā€¦
later maybe.

Start simple, grow bigger.

2 Likes

I like the changes so far, fits to my play style : Park CV somewhere and fly down with a SV. No, this will not kill PVP (not working on planets.muhahaha), just hindering offline raid ā€œPVPersā€ -cough cough-

Critics is still RP gain : I am guardian and these noobish pirates simply dont want to be slain by me :frowning: = no RP.

PVP space without taxes and restrictions sounds really nice.

Please reconsider if there can be a stealth mode for bases, the argument i understood, but the problem is also valid for CV as some players stated out.

What i have concerns about : The pirate can do nothing with your stealthed shipā€¦

ā€¦ and you can do nothing with your stealthed ship as well :slightly_frowning_face:

DarkMiracle You which server, NA or EU ?