HWS 6.X.X update | Taxes | Missions | New HWS Connect era

Tax idea is good. Send out warnings at 80%, 90% and 100+%

1. Don’t build a base on every PvE playfield.

RexXxuS can you limit the number of structures to every PvE areas? I think there is a lot of redundancy too.

The proceeds of our money in the bank could be made by the hws connect, different from how it is done now, it is strange to have to go to the bank so that the same of the proceeds of your money that is applied in him, even nowadays in the life Real iso would be something, meaningless and logical, even at the beginning of the banking system this never worked well … I think that the levels of the bank could contemplate this comfort level two.

New tax logic

As analyst i can promise you that this will cause just one issue : Overpopulation of Ju, as this will be the only place in the universe to build tax free in PVE with direct connect to PVE and PVP playfields.

Your system is also not fair : It is not the fault of the players who settled first in, lets assume peacekeeper, and then some fugging noobs come later in, neither interested in server performance nor anything else but themselves push the cores over 200… punishing the first settlers.

My suggestion : Just tax the players who pushed the cores over 200, not the ones who settled there before. This ensures that the just the guilty ones are receiving the punishment and not everybody.

2 Likes

I’v told Rexx something similar before but i guess he decided not to implement that logical change.

About the Intruder logs it seems it doesn’t update every 10 minutes. If i was to guess intruder logs update every 1,2,3 4? days? Its hard to tell it looks so messy and confusing.

If Rexxus can point to a definitive answer to how and when intruder logs update and refresh that would be a big help.

Maybe i should open a thread to bring attention to this “important subject?”

so no more 9/7 wipe then?

Usually the best solutions are the ones where nobody is happy… this looks like a good start, your childish and short sighted comment about “fuggin noobs” aside.

I would imagine tracking only the people who spawn cores above a limit is not practical - what happens when the cores are at 220 and you decide to chop up your old HV and upgrade to a shiny new one? Now all of a sudden, you’re on the list of “noobs” clogging up the play field, then you are back here screaming “It’s not fair!” again. Because now you are taxed, despite being there first.

I would think a technically easier solution would be to simply lower the hard cap of cores, but I’m guessing that’s a game limitation.

First off what part of why do the first people to arrive in that planet be taxed because the last few arrived late and now the first ones to arrive have to pay the taxes too? That makes no sense. Taxes should only be given to those that arrived late and that made the core limits go over.

Now why would nobody be happy if this fair and logical system was implemented? Like taxing those that made the core limits go over and not everyone else who got their early?

Arriving early should be incentivized and rewarded not punished because some people arrived late from starters. Thats called logic and common sense.

Yalll are applying ideas and theories that are beyond the limits of what can be done with the tool at the moment.
It is incredibly more feasible to set a playfield to “taxed”, than to track every single structure on the playfield and determine which ones arrived most recently, then tax only the owner of these ships for only THESE ships. It is not a matter of fair here, It is a safeguard. Playfields should not be ALLOWED to get overloaded. If one becomes overloaded, it becomes the responsibility of all in it to lower that count, so that it does not corrupt, and wipe for everyone. Its simple, Keep track of the core count, and if it starts getting high, bug out. The only thing I would suggest implementing is some sort of rule prohibiting the transport of >20 cores at a time into a playfield. This way they count does not jump up drastically due to one selfish person carrying a fleet of useless cores, and ruining the playfield for others. There is already something somewhat similar in the tax logic, which penalizes multi core owners more heavily per ship. This would be more of a policy in writing, to allow easy action if someone does decide to throw a playfield over count singlehandedly.

2 Likes

So you read the first paragraph, decided it didn’t fit whatever narrative you are trying to push this week, and responded - sounds about par for the course.

Why not take it in the opposite direction? Tax those who have been there the longest? They shouldn’t be there anyways, since this is a PVP server - isn’t that what I am always hearing? And older players are more likely to be able to afford it… sounds like a win/win to me.

1 Like

Dangerous to ask for ideas but sure :smiley: What about the tax increasing exponentially if people keep overloading even thou they are already being taxed, so that if the planet is about to burst with cores the tax will be 10x that of when it first gets overloaded, this will force people to leave as soon as possible if the planet is about to collapse.

For people saying that it is unfair, it would be unfair for the first people if more people come and overload after but at the same time it would be unfair to the new people if the planets are all already full, so the only option as has been done now is to have a universal rule so that players can adapt to it and change their game style accordingly Example: live on a CV so that if cores get to much they can just lift off and then move it somewhere else so they don’t get taxed to hard.

Another thing that is a problem is that each player will naturally build on every pve space available to them so they have safe bases everywhere, with the current tax system + an exponential tax it will be too dangerous for people to have bases all over the place as they wont be able to deconstruct them all in time if they start getting overloaded, so naturally people will learn from their mistakes and not build all over, stay mobile :] It sounds like a fair trade off since pvp is dangerous so if you want to live on pve, it only makes sense that it has some danger’s as well so people don’t just dump their stuff and stagnate slowing down the server.

Guys, Israel and myself just place suggestions to make HWS a better place for everybody.

“if no one is happy it is a good change” is just as stupid as “a relashionship is only good with stress, fight and struggle”.

We could also go to Ju instead and look for a nice real estate after 7th of september already.

Got the message ?

@Kogami
You would need at least 2 CV, one to define as homebase and one to fly around. Otherwise you risk becoming stranded on the starter planet after a loss in PVP. Thats a lot flying around as 2 CV are not allowed in PVE playfields.
As you see this will not prevent the coming mass exodus to Ju.

Hmm you have a point what if you where allowed 2 CV split between the peace keepers, then you could leave home CV set as home in one of the peacekeepers and spawn a 2nd for moving around but then peace keepers would have to be exempt from tax, and there would have to be a way to stop people from overcrowding the peacekeepers…maybe have the peace keepers on the sanctuary server, so that they don’t live out of them but its a backup ahh but then home option wont work arrg… I don’t know … I guess with a 2CV limit among all peace keepers amount of Peace keepers can be increased to accommodate all active players, its the none active players that could be a problem thou as they could get to peace keeper get bored of the game and then leave, so that’s 7 days worth of players that already left, wonder what the best method for handling that would be.

This would work (2CV split among the two peacekeepers). Would be nice if Rex could do this, i can live without smelters and can also payin my coins into the bank in ECC, so a base would be no longer neccessary.

But always to switch via M31P or Athos just to reach the second CV would be exhausting.

To avoid all possible trouble 99.99% of the players WILL build their bases close to the M31P or Athos gates on Ju, so they can start fast into PVP or PVE AND collect from their autominers in M31P/Athos.

AND, i guarantuee you, all these players will give a fugg on all these “Ju is overcrowded, build somewhere else !” warning messages from Rex.
Because, unfortunately, there is no “somewhere else” in HWS PVE without tax danger.

It is a survival game thou there needs to be some danger

1 Like

Hello everyone, pve versus tax planets:

For me pve planet, it only serves to manufacture fusion cell, combat block, generate food and process ores for these activities and nothing more.
Most of my cvs are of war and not in these structures, until I have a cv that can replace this base of processing in pvp, which people have to understand that the pvp planets are not to park fleets but to keep the machine of war.
You do not have to build several bases of the same group, what should be done is to block playerfields pve equal to ju in 200 cores and not allow to build any more structure after that.
Another measure is to only allow one BA per faction, (only for factions with more than two players), not allow BA, Hv, SV and private CV, only allow 1 faction HV and 2 CV (class 1) and 2 SV all with Faction tag.

These measures are restrictive but will avoid taxing the playerfield, overloading cores and causing more players to seek larger factions to join, because after reaching 200 cores nothing can be placed on the ground.
The other 50 cores, should be linked to temporary cores, referring to the CVs that can stay in this playerfield for a maximum of 24 hours, after that they would automatically be thrown out of the playerfield, that is to the orbit of the planet which by default is pvp. …

I do not think such measures will please everyone else most certainly solves most problems … with some tweaking it can work effectively for all …

This is how it was on most servers when this game started so if you where unlucky enough to be on a planet when someone else finished the cores you cant even spawn a sv to get off that planet and you might as well afk becuase nothing you do will let you spawn that sv you have to rely on other people deleting their stuff. The tax option effects everyone equally not just the last unlucky guy that didn’t get his stuff down first :stuck_out_tongue: also tax forces people to build smaller and more effective to reduce tax to as low as possible. Tax is still a 10x better solution atm until some better idea comes around.

The new taxes are funny, as veteran gold miner i dont care but this really will kill noobs :slight_smile:

For the connect idea, could we possibly save a package of items that we would like to get from OCD (for example, one ration from slot x, 300 pent from Slot Y, and 100 Fusion from slot z) and be able to send them all as a single preformatted care package from Connect? This would be a neat feature, I think, particularly for those that are getting a common withdrawal package regularly, and are hit by the 10 second ocd get delay, on top of having to type a half dozen commands.
Edit: Making separate thread for suggestion.