HWS 7.X.X PvP limit correction

I wouldn’t mind this but i’d still like to see one some one-man factions have to say.

@Quasar Morning Sir,

Well i believe it may have come down to this. As earlier this season you yourself tried to encourage other factions to stop taking the mickey out of the system by changing it up, however it seems that few people paid attention which in my mind is really frustrating. They should have listened to you, as I’ll expand upon one of my earlier points:

Back in the ‘ole’ days when things were calmer, all issues on EU could normally be discussed and solved between factions, however it now appears to be the case where (On EU and NA) the factions have stopped listening to eachother. And you’re correct that it’s unrealistic for Rex to have to moderate it all, but this comes back down to the sheer amount of time that could have been saved if things could have been solved between-factions. So if i was in Rexxus’ boots i’d give each factions a set amount of time to discuss it/evacuate excess cores and then anything above a set amount after a specific amount of time would go BANG.

But on another note, what about reducing the amount of time that structures last for on the playfield? Right now the ‘despawn’ time for abandoned structures is 15 days. What about reducing that to something like 2 days, or hell even 1 day on GG. Wouldn’t this make ALT factions a helluva lot more tennous to maintain? As well as forcing factions with large amounts of cores to regularly ‘reset’ their ships? Seriously i think this could be a far simpler solution to this problem.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

I thought about reducing the structure timeout on GG/etc., but it doesn’t take long for alt factions to log in and leave. Yes it would make it more inconvenient, and require more work for them to bother, so I would agree that this forces people taking advantage of a system to put in more effort. It would probably result in more salt and whining about vanishing structures too. I would find it funny if, instead of vanishing, said structures became HWS property and started attacking the factions’ structures (if they could be built close enough together to attack each other, or if factions left ships on other factions’ bases). It might at least present an inconvenience to the faction that has to deal with nearby attacking structures.

If there was any kind of system set up to allow factions to “discuss” terms for limits that would be fine, but it would require honor - the thing whose absence is forcing other considerations in the first place.

Ahaha i would LOVE that too! :slight_smile: But yeah i think alongside the base-spawning Meta being removed next season it’s going to become a little bit less tenable for alt factions. Maybe we stick with playfield limits this season; revert to global limits next season and see how the new base-building Meta fits in: Because there’s a big difference between spawning four bases and building four bases :slight_smile:

But yeah HWS property would be hilarious, especially as it typically turns OLP as soon as it goes HWS. :slight_smile: Invincible, unlimited ammo base! :))

That Sir is a good solution!
Best regards :slight_smile:
Wise

Click link below

I wouldn’t do that for global, just per planet. Doing those numbers for global is begging for a screamfest “I can’t build enough stuff on PvP to defend myself etc.”

So no you translated my planet-specific limits to global, which is too restrictive IMO. Global per-player PvP caps should increase at 4x that rate to match what I suggested for global.

Not liking the PVP Per 4 Members bit:
Base is nice at 0.5
CV should be at 4 so each member can have their own CV at least.
SV should be at 4 at least so each individual player can get an SV
and Hover i don’t really care about.

Although I like your idea Grizzly if this was a big faction it’d have far too many people at base duty basically doing-nothing. A single well prepared person can run a base. Two if they’re not the best in the world. Anymore than that and you’re just encouraging more and smaller factions to form up which leads to alts and such.

Best regards
Wise/

Here’s my proposed solution, return to @RexXxuS’s standard global limit system in 8.0; unchanged and see how the base-building meta is changed.

1 Like

Ahh ok few! I was getting the pitch-forks ready!

Or 12 hours?

The 0 private CV/HV/SV is just for PvP hotspot planets

1 Like

That’d be a lil’ bit too steep for my liking personally as some people work 12 hour shifts and can’t be expected to log-in then.

But that said, if this was applied to NA playfields and GG on EU was left with 1-day then i’d be cool with it.

Hell, with this idea you could even escalate it over time which’d be cool, so it could start on like 4 days, and then if people were doing their dodgy practices then it gets lowered slowly but surely, 2, 1, 0.5. Hehehe i like the sound of that! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Of course, silly me lol! Sorry! :slight_smile:

The global limit Rexxus posted above will give any 3-player faction 29 cores on GG if more strict planet-specific limits aren’t in place. I am against that. A 3-man faction can’t man more than 3 things at once. Why do they need 29 structures at once on a contested PvP planet?

Original chart is global. My original suggestion is for any single PvP planet like GG. I later suggested a global adjustment which increases the rate of growth per member by 4x compared to the planet-specific limits.

Translation of my earlier proposal:

Global:

Faction PVE: Faction PVP Faction PVE
per member
Faction PVP
per member
Player PVE Player PVP
BASE: 5 1 1,00 0,50 2 2
CV: 5 5 2,00 2,00 2 2
SV: 5 2 2,55 1,00 7 7
HV: 5 2 1,30 1,00 3 3
Except GG, Arma, etc.

GG/Arma/etc. Planet-specific limits:

Faction PVP Faction PVP
per member
Player PVP
BASE: 1 0,125 0
CV: 0 0,00 0
SV: 2 0,25 0
HV: 2 0,25 0
1 Like

naahhhhhh you just lagged the crap out of it and you dont need to ally with anyone you just bring your 30+ memebrs, and talk about abuse the exploits lmao taw and the zerg empire exploit all the time

it should be 2 hvs per faction memebr and 2 svs perfaction memeber as most that mine have at least 1 badger and 1 fighting hv and usuallly 1 sv miner and 1 sv fighter

1 Like

So you need an SV miner and HV miner on planet at all time? I think not

1 Like

With the new limits coming this Wednesday i’m not sure how larger factions like GRG are going to manage, we have approx 9 - 12 active members and we have spent quite a lot of credits on garage badgers to mine on golden globe, with 9 - 12 active members how are people able to continue mining and maintain base defense as well as offense? why not 2 hv’s per player? that would mean 1 miner HV + 1 defensive / offensive HV per player, it would make sense for larger factions given 10 HV’s is most definitely not manageable for larger factions, all it encourages is larger factions to split off into sister factions in order to accommodate these new restrictions, simply put with - 12 active players with miners puts us over the limit without even considering defense. Not to mention any planetary invasion force is simply going to split off into smaller factions to increase HV numbers but the only difference is they would have the advantage given they will not have mining vehicle’s adding to 10 hv cap.

Also no possible way to remove mining HV’s during prime time hours in order to increase defensive capabilities, i’m not saying there shouldn’t be restrictions but should be based on faction size so every player is able to mine as well as fight if they like, i suggest 2 HV’s per player which would reduce faction HV numbers but not in a sense that players would miss out on playing.

Food for thought, during large scale battles flying an SV is simply not an option with the lag / stuttering, in order to participate most players only option is to use a HV because the lag and stuttering is by far easier to manage in a HV over an SV.

My 2 cents,

1 Like

Why does each faction member need 4 cores on GG? You can only pilot 1.

You take the Badgers off planet and return to fight. Why should everyone suffer so that you can store garage miners for each member on or offline on an active PvP planet? Plus most use Raiders, not Badgers.

If would help a lot if HWS Connect would be able to pull from EAH the current rules for private/faction global limits and display them in Structure Commander along with current status, eg. 2 private BA from 3 globally allowed and 2 Faction BA from 3 globally allowed, same with SVs, HVs and CVs.

I got today a warning for global private BAs and I had some hard time figuring out in time where was the extra BA, it proved to be a cored POI I thought I recycled, and I assume I am not the only one which encountered this issue.

It’s ok, we can just pull a TAW and splinter off some members into new factions… All that would mean more bases, more assets, more lag, etc…

What will get better in the end? Nothing.

Have not logged in in almost a week. Log in at 9:50 Eastern time to see “Golden globe is nearing its limit”.

Am done before the day even starts. Logs off