HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

I agree with everything in your post, especially this statement. Too much too fast, and right in the middle of the season to boot. Why not focus on the easy and obvious stuff first, such as planet size and core counts in places like strayom sector, and see what changes, before making changes everywhere and not really understanding which factors ultimately threw unnecessary restrictions on players with negligible impact? We all know that the big planets were thrown in mainly because they are a new feature in 8.0, not because it was certain that everyone would enjoy them. I believe the verdict is in at this point. One big planet on the server would be sufficient for those who really love them, and for players jumping into 8.0 for the first time and want to see them. Perhaps we can start here along with changes to core counts in certain out of control playfields on the 13th, and after monitoring for another month, make additional changes in August if necessary.

3 Likes

Well if you fully read my idea you would see I am talking about PVP among PVE players. This way you are going to have to fight for your things but among others that have little to no experience with PVP. Makes for a fair fight but also cleans up abandoned structures. Also my idea was for one day a week completely random so it is not something PVPers can predict and be there to raid.

You have to understand that something has to be done as the server is running like garbage and all the PVE people moved to the same place to just park loads of structures that do not ever move. When that one supergate was moved Rex showed a map of all the PVE stuff laying around that orbit. That is just crazy. It also plays a part in PVP battles in other parts of the server being so laggy.

On the PVP side of things this new class one restriction in hotspots…all of PVP seems included in that. So you can only base in one place now or live with class 1 everything which after taking 2 days to bring a CV from 17 down to 7 I have a better understanding of what a class 1 CV would look like. Choice would be no armour or a giant cube that is not able to be defeated except by another giant cube.

Starting to look like I will be moving on until 9 if this is truely the changes going to be made. If I want to play PVE I can go to SP.

1 Like

No just no

1 Like

Most of the issues are not related to the increased planet size for NA.
Most of the issues are DIRECTLY RELATED TO the 10 10K bases on GG loading in with their dragon teeth of lag.

3 Likes

Rex flat out stated that the larger planets are increasing the lag on the server. Lower server performance, suckier planets all around. I think a lot of the performance issues are tied to the terrain being dug out and filler tool. Yes having 10 bases there does not help, but I believe the terrain rendering is more of an issue. On another post, Rex stated that “dragon teeth” do not contribute to lag.

2 Likes

I love this post mostly.

Bases class 1 will be so easy to destroy that its to sad. Bases needs to be fortresses and class one is to low. Also 2-5 bases wont defend against 1 hv that have CB blocks today.

Cv´s I love the idea with class 1 Cv´s. Finaly we can maybe kill someone without a lag shot. But i think we need to lover the weapon count to if we go down to class one.

Hvs - FAtion limit of 25 is WAY to high. 6 is maybe good. 3 per faction is also good. Hv´s are a problem for lag.

Sv´s 10 is a low number that the bigger factions are going to have a problem with. And Sv´s usualy dont lag so why keep them low ?

Best

Zappe21

1 Like

Alright, seriously, there’s a lot of complaining from people about lag, planet size, etc., and little talk on how to resolve these issues. Some people want to swing extreme one way or another. I have to say I’m disappointed with the changes in HWS so far this season. Let me break into my proposed changes that hopefully aren’t lost in this :

• If a player can only have one private CV across all playfields, doesn’t this prohibit anyone from having both a 100 block CV for GG and any type of viable PvP ship? Of course there’s the faction ship too, but if you’re in a larger faction who keeps that 1 faction ship? That 100 block CV ship is pathetic, yet I use it to travel around places I can’t get with my SV.

• Is there a way to implement all players and all new players immediately having to follow those limits, but with a donation system to keep increased limits? I’d be willing to contribute money to keep my ships as they are now - players than don’t want to upgrade (and there will be many) can be limited to the proposed limits.

• AND With that increased income, you could even start a 3rd server, and set each server player limit to 120! How much is coming out of your pocket for server upkeep? Is there a way we can do this better, limit player size, and possibly bring a 3rd one online?

• OR what about changing the structure timer (I’m unsure what it currently is, 15 days? 9 days? I’ve heard different limits discussed) - put that timer at 3 days - If you haven’t touched a vehicle or base in 3 days, you probably don’t need it. This would greatly accelerate the cleanup of these rampant builders.

• The problem with Class 5 planets is not the size. The size is glorious - there should be a few planets where you can go to and build and not be found. It’s wonderful to build and not be crammed right next to neighbors like in previous seasons. A person can’t just go down into orbit and scan the entire planet within a couple of minutes. If you’re having trouble finding your base, this is due to you not paying attention to the terrain and Empyrions lack of waypoints in space. The problem is the Class 5 planets weren’t tailored to be worthwhile. Sathon, for instance, is such a waste of a playfield with small Zascosium deposits that you can fly around the planet for hours and not find anything (with an HV detector). When I did find a Zascosium I mined it out for EIGHTTEEN ORE! 18! What a waste of my time and of anyone going there. Instead have Sathon have maybe 3 large deposits, let people sort it out with better conflict zones over resources. Maybe Sathon could’ve had a layer in a large area like how Golden Globe is but for ore? This would’ve made those Class 5 planets even better.

• Currently the answer from players from older seasons about the resources being a sad trickle is “Well you should’ve started sooner” or “Use your OAM” - New players don’t have that, and if you continue to cater to the ones that pay or the ones that have stashed things over all the previous seasons, new players will continue to be turned away and for sure the number of players will decrease. With the bugs of version 8 and the way ore deposits (for basic ore even!) are so limited in size, it’s been a rough start.

• I don’t believe a knee jerk reaction to slam down to 1 is the right answer. Those of you voting for now for those limits are going to be right back here complaining. Sure RexXxuS, Gold isn’t plentiful, we don’t have 100 cars in our garage at home, but part of the fun in this game is having different structures and vehicles for different use and the creativity in them. The design of Golden Globe and Sathon/Jupidor alone almost necessitate a whole other set of vehicles to be able to deal with the gravity there and the playfield changes (such as block limits). Limiting to 1 of each type is going to limit everyone’s ability to explore the galaxy.

• Also what Zackey_TNT said about GG - those massive POI are killing the frame rate of anyone that goes near them. I can’t even get close enough to see what they are, so the point of it is kind of lost.

3 Likes

that constitutes a pay to win system, and the income wouldn’t likely cover the costs of an additional server.

1 Like

Far too steep on the cuts to HV limits. Tanks are not only used to mine, but to defend and assault bases. In my opinion the proposed cuts do not take this into account. What this will do is force factions to dissolve into smaller allied teams to be able to function at all on busy days what with up armored HVs dedicated to defending, and other HVs dedicated to mine under the extreme gravity. What if more than one person wants to mine a time? That only leaves one to for defense. Again in my humble opinion these numbers do not allow reasonable functionality for a faction of more than 3 people.

1 Like

How does HWS starting a 3rd server with the same rules it currently has constitute a pay to win?

1 Like

All I got to say is I hope your giving refunds on the garage ships that we have bought that are gonna be bigger than your class 1 allowance.

3 Likes

Paying for increased ship limits

1 Like

Agreed. I spent all season farming and collecting ships :confused:gonna suck if that was all a waste of time.

1 Like

Somebody mentioned earlier that player count is problematic as well. I disagree, player count doesn’t seem to be as impactful as it was previously (6.x was horrendous). I get the same amount of lag loading in certain bases (looking at NA GG) when there’s 16 people on, that I do when there’s 170.

1 Like

As it’s written now, 68% agree with what Rex wants to implement. If it’s an offer to pay for that increased capacity so be it - especially if it would fund a 3rd server. As I’m reading these rules, assuming you don’t get to use the “faction vehicle”, this basically means you can have:

Battle HV
or
Mining HV

and

Battle CV
or
Mining CV
or
Golden Globe CV

So pick one of those. God help you if you need to use your PvP playfield / PvE playfield vehicle to go get another cause you’re going to get constant warnings you’re over the limit and need to get rid of one. Even worse if you crash and it’s left there and you don’t get to change it. This is just going to be problems all around.

privatebarnes82 has a good point - what about those garage ships? You’ve purchased those well, better get rid of them now right? Now I can’t have that sweet X7 mining SV and my regular SV.

I posted my thoughts on fixing it - rather than just shooting down my idea, I ask, Jeeves, what is your plan to fix it?

2 Likes

I feel things that would improve the lag situation:

(1) Get rid of mini-guns and cannon turrets. Mini-guns turrets and cannons turrets for CVs-- they are pointless here, they’re just sending lots of data while doing little to no damage required.

(2) Get rid of artillery turrets–they have the opposite problem; they cause a lot of heavy mesh/server calculations when they hit and force a lot of immediate changes to mesh/physics.

(3) There’s no need to have 1 BA and 1 CV per PERSON in a faction. 1 BA or CV should support multiple people… not be a 1-1 situation. Set this to 1 BA and 1 CV per every 3 people… while keeping SVs and HVs 1-1. Make BAs and CVs be what they are intended to be… a base of operations for multiple people.

(4) If you’re in a faction, no private BA or CVs. Just private SVs or HVs.

As for what people are saying about garage ships… refund them, I don’t think there’s a huge enough number of them this early in the stage that it’s a huge issue to refund credits for them.

But, I’m all for making changes ASAP, because as it is, in some areas the game is getting unplayable; and I don’t see it getting any better with new population.

4 Likes

That would leave a CV completely defenseless to drone attacks on planet.

1 Like

A simple solution, don’t park your CVs on a planet-- or park them at a base; not just anywhere.

2 Likes

I’m fine with removing some base counts but one thing seems completely unacceptable:
Only 5 Alliance Class 1 CVs in Homeworld and Black Hole orbits?!?!
People have personal friendships with more people than that and big CV fights are super fun, even with the lag.

I think this should be 10 Class 7 CVs in these playfields.

If people are leaving many ships in deep space in these systems, then tax these systems heavily to get people to leave their stuff elsewhere, but do not limit the size and quality of CV fights in these heavy PvP areas.

If people are hording stuff, then tax the hording. But don’t reduce the fun factor.

2 Likes

Well those class 1 bases will end up being overrun by combat steel HV’s big factions will have issues with amount of SVs. Class 1 Cvs… i belive that golden era was class 3 CVs.

Also, we made biggest PVP structure in history of HWS, spent countles hours building it by hand countless nights defending it… Now we will be forced to remove half of it until next friday… yeah fun and fairplay and i think sudden rule changes this big even by vote… are EXTREMALY unfair.

3 Likes