HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

In understand the wipe is only for the sector and planets , not a full wipe of levels, rp, bank leves etc, true¿?¿

1 Like

Hotspot Orbits: max. Class 1 of any type of structure
wow.
If so, could it be to strengthen the “Alien Core”? For example, if you have an Alien Core, the structure class is divided by 2. This will increase the value of Alien Core and build CV 2 class. not everyone can afford to put Alien Core on pvp

3 Likes

First, if you’re going to make these changes a week from now, please don’t make them so dramatic. If you ultimately want to end up at the proposed limits, then fine, but please do it in September, and arrive at something next week that is somewhere in between what it is now and what it will be next season. I don’t think that a sudden and jarring change like that is going to be good for server pop…people aren’t going to want to log in on the 13th and find half of their stuff disappearing. Not everybody reads the forum and you can’t expect them to. Not to mention, that I believe that your “seasons” are thought of as a relatively stable block of time where people can trust that not much will dramatically change, something which is very rare in Empyrion and keeps people here once they realize that this is what you provide. I would avoid messing with that too much, and keep your major changes for the season breaks, when everyone expects them to occur.

I agree with some ppl here that CV max class sizes can and should be cut for performance…personally I think you can still have plenty of fun battling class 3 CVs…and it makes SVs more relevant in these kinds of battles anyway. If it helps performance to do that then it’s absolutely worth it.

The one thing I take major issue with here are the HV/SV limits on hotspot planets, especially GG where ppl want to mine. Logging in and not being able to mine on a good planet because 3 of my factionmates are currently mining there, is going to make me want to look for another server. Having to draw straws or set up a mining schedule with my group is neither relaxing or fun, I might as well drive back to the office and reread my work calendar. Same goes for the max alliance limits in these places…who the hell wants to spend their gaming time bickering with other factions about who brought down one too many HVs? Hotspot planets are…hotspots, meaning that you want to have a good number of vehicles at your disposal for battles. I agree that there need to be limits but you also need to be very careful that you don’t kill the fun by making things really inconvenient. You have many great methods at your disposal for improving performance, please employ them before implementing this horrendous idea; SV/HV limits on pvp hotspots are plenty restrictive already and going further is going to make this server not much fun for most pvp players.

2 Likes

Rex is contemplating a wipe of strayom, which essentially means cleaning out all the garbage that people abandoned.
all your levels, orbital cargo drone, and bank would remain, and gear if you left the sector before the wipe.

I could put one or two on the market for you :wink:

1 Like

Remove alliances all together.

I’ve got a brand new £1500 i7 pc, fly over that huge alliance base on gg at 3am( so just me there) and i go down to 5 fps, making it more or less impossible to do anything. Lower all limits, including donator planets.

1 Like

Not liking this for base-size at all. Class 7 bases are fine as i doubt there are many bases on the smaller hotspot planets such as ‘GG’. Whereas bigger hotspot planets such as homeworld that are class 5 probably have LOTS MORE bases.

The Alliance CVs is my issue right now set at 5. We as an alliance can easily muster about 15 CVs as well as our Russian counterparts, this is too much.

Why 25 HVs in orbit? That’s a bit much, i’d say no more than 10 Alliance HVs in orbit.

The limit did get positive feedback, but that was with the careful way in it was implemented. This is too much for what you’re hoping to achieve. I’d start with a focus on the PVE ‘hotspots’ and applying a fixed global limit despite what PVE planets/orbits they go to. So they can’t have 10 cores on A, B and C. Personally I see no need for an alliance limit on CVs in PVP space. All that does is take away instead of adding to the experience of PVP. Big CV battles (no matter how laggy/buggy) have been a mainstay of HWS since i can remember. Limiting it to an alliance based CV limit will stop alliances from fighting as they have done in the past, and does far more to damage PVP and enjoyment than it does to help with performance.

Once again i feel similar to prior issues you’re changes are too over-reaching. Too many variables being changed at the same time.

Though I am very happy that you’re taking a serious long look at performance, this is fantastic and thank-you for doing so. But here’s my Road-map suggestion:

• GLOBAL PVE Limit for busy playfields. So new players can’t fill multiple planets on the local core count. Instead they have to pick and choose one spot.

Monitor the change that this has, if it is not enough then we look at some PVP changes, but until then we shouldn’t sacrifice what we have PVP wise due to PVE overcrowding.

Also maybe on ‘hotspot planets’ a max 15/20 Alliance HVs? Would be a more realistic number. Neither we nor the Russians have attacked with more than about 20 hovers for a while i’d say. Maybe a hard SV cap of 30 or so (more SVs as people need them to get on/off planet without stargates.)

Or how about we also lower performance by reducing HV block count? Now they have double HP we could bring HV block-count into line with SVs of 3000 blocks, and HVS would still have a dramatically increased HP pool

These are my ideas for now and first impressions, i’ll read and re-read and then reply further.

Best regards and thanks once again for your hard work, even if I disagree with some of it ::slight_smile:
Wise.

2 Likes

Oh and a two word answer to solve most of our problems:

SMALLER PLANETS

4 Likes

of you start reducing the cv class size you start destroying the look of some pve ships , i rallied the upped class size to 7 when you could only have a class 4 , cause you couldn’t make a ship pretty and functional with a class 4 or even class 5 restriction ,whats causeing the lag mainly if the oversized planets and that the terrain doesn’t reset as much as it should and also the amount of poi’s imo.

4 Likes

Yeah, i’d only really wanna go down to about class 4 at the worst. But i think planets should be shrunk first.

Maybe a mid-season ‘mass migration’?

1 Like

Did not read trough it all…

On PVE you can simply say max 2 FA bases, 0 private BA… reason: everyone has a faction, one man or in a group. Because of the fa:supply.
PVE will need 2 CV`s each faction and 1 private… Thou pvp may not see this, pve need a privat PVP ship, and a faction ship or two (maybe with more than 5 members) to move the driller around to harvest! All should see this.

i agree on the 1 sv private, one each member faction.

PVP i really can`t say to much… as i usaly go alone in pvp, and only need 1/1/1 =)

BUT, in general, no faction need more than one base each planet, maybe two if there is a large faction. People steal, even own members.

If there will be a wipe, a text warning INGAME need to be put out atleast as long as people are allowed to be away! Even thou i want only a week, the server says 15 days!

I trust you and the rest fo the server to make the best out of this. And i hope this discussion is most up to PVE players to decide, as pure pvp factions (lawless) really should build in pvp areas… Lots of players just goes lawless because it sounds cool… (maybe lawless should only be open for players with an x amount of playtime at hws? )

Ill read all tomorrow and come back with my sugestion…

ps: I GOT MY DRIVING LICENSE BACK TODAY :smile:

2 Likes

Biggest problem is that many of these changes massively uproot the current PVP META; Such as the mega CV fights:

Proof:

SO PVPERS probably have more to lose in this discussion. I’m really against the last bit regarding class size. Sure keep SVS/HVS/CVS class 1 for hotspot planets. Bases are fine at class 7 as long as the planets are smaller, then bases will be wiped more regularly as they will be found more often by factions. Biggest issue now is the stupid big size of class 5 planets with no reliable radar or scanning system.

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

MAN you reply quickly :slight_smile:

Didnt see it that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

class 7 is a perfect cv size , if some factions want to create block ships thats up to them and shows that they dont have any skill at building.,i rallied hard with rex in season 6 to get the cv class upped to a 7, its not the class size thats the problem its when the guns start firing, you can have 10 cvs in a sector and be fine , its when those 10 cv;s start firing is when the lag starts, so figuring away how to reduce the lag from the guns would be my second step after reducing the planet sizes

5 Likes

Yeah extensive work was already done in the config to massively reduce lag from CV turrets. Biggest issue for me is still the class 5 planets tbh. I think we should do one thing at a time and slowly but surely do it that way other than this massive change Rexxus is proposing. It’s nothing short of a revolution and too radical a change will prevent us from being able to see which changes had the greatest impact. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise

3 Likes

I got a game crash 10 times today just because I was passing around strayom. I had no intention to live there.

I am a newbie and this little guy support your move to limit structure spamming. Good work

4 Likes

Yeah, but once again it’s PVE where the biggest issues lie. A global PVE system would be fantastic and would stop people from just bunnyhopping from one PVE planet to another maxxing it out.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

I don’t know what the server limitations are as far as resources, but would it be easier to have more/smaller PvE planets with access to rare resources in limited amounts, and dramatically reduced core limits on those planets? Instead of 200 core limit, maybe 30 cores, and just a lot of different systems to choose from.

You’ve all been doing this for several seasons so you must have a reason for the limited selection of PvE planets with access to the rarer resources. I know when I started the server I was coming from single player and didn’t want to get involved in PvP because I didn’t have the blueprints or the materials for it. I’ve been slowly building a few PvP blueprints and gradually gathering materials, but a lot of the newer players that are new to multiplayer are going to gravitate towards PvE areas because they’ll be in a similar situation when they are first starting out, and they are going to want the resources to produce all of the things, even if they get them in very small amounts.

Being the top server means most new people are going to pick HWS when they first try multiplayer, especially with the HWS Connect and the auto-miners/OCD. So having a revolving door of tons of new people is probably going to be a fact of life for HWS from now on IMHO.

6 Likes

Well said. Also in the context of newer players there should be some harder to get to longer-term PVE planets (that actually ARE PVE) in which it will have a longer despwn timer (the default 15 days).

Whereas the ‘closer’ starter planets are more temporary, with a despawn timer of about 5 days maybe.

But let’s start with lowering the planet classes first.

One thing at a time all :slight_smile:
Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

maybe 10 days and then gone =) I know i will loose on this (USA again) but still feel it is fair. A season is only 3 months

2 Likes

Hahah meet me in the middle :slight_smile: 7.5 on starter playfields, maybe 8/8.5 on the origin planets and then on the hard to reach (have to use stargate or CV warp-drive) 10-12/15 days maybe. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

PS: Totally not lurking on this forum… :slight_smile:

2 Likes