HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

No CV’s on planets. Sounds great. How are you gonna get that HV down to the planet again? Taking the HV mining is a necessary thing unless we’re just going for all asteroid mining which, honestly, sucks and now we’re back to the issue of do you want a CV miner or a CV battleship or a CV that can go to goldenglobe? Can’t have all 3.

1 Like

I’m fine with changes soon too, but you know - instead of just setting fire to the house and seeing what comes out, why not start with some little change and see how that does? Personally I think of all I mentioned, THIS would be more effective than anything else mentioned so far:

If you haven’t touched a vehicle or base in 3 days, you probably don’t need it. This would greatly accelerate the cleanup of these rampant builders.

I see some other people’s giant CVs and bases in orbit and on planet that I haven’t seen anything move around in a week. You change those cleanup days, I guarantee you you’re going to see performance improve.

This would also in essence keep people self policing their structure count as they have to make sure they’re using the things they’ve built. If not, well - say goodbye to it because apparently you don’t need it.

1 Like

I meant mainly or space combat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just set a date and lets do this!

1 Like

After reading all of the above comments which have some good ideas for Sept. restart I still think all these new players who bought the game on sale for $10 will grow tired of playing and the player base will slowly but surely drop as time passes. So leave things as they are and they will sort themselves out.And yea though I love the class 5 planets covered in POI would settle for class 3 PvE and class 2 for PvP.Oh another thought is there anyway to make a scanner for CV that have the range of a HV scanner? Those scattered asteroids are just so hard to find with the current 1and half Kilometer range. :earth_americas::rocket::hammer_and_wrench:

2 Likes

One reason why alliance base limits worked is because we knew about them going into the season. This allowed us to plan and build up to the limit. Trying to cut this limit near mid season and requiring every faction in a large alliance to drastically reorganize seems like more work than just building over from scratch with the new reduced limits.

1 Like

@RexXxuS to help cut down lag why don’t we cut down the turret count.
many times when I come into a play field and my turrets are not firing.
so if we going to limit the block count and level limit why aren’t we limiting the turret count?
I know you’re trying to reduce server lag but maybe we could have something for PVE like Sanctuary back in the days in 7.0 and 6xx.
the cross server warp is working very well since I’ve played.
when you first implemented the cross server warp it had it bugs and that HWS fixed it.
so we need a different server for PVE players to play on.
a lot of people love this server and a lot of people love to donate.
me for one I love my beloved Homeworld Server.

2 Likes

Despite all these posts offering their own solutions, i still stand by my original starting point:

SMALLER PLANETS.

6 Likes

State of HWS right now - and poor Rex trying to figure it all out (not the crying baby thumbnail ignore that):

1 Like

I’m a gamer I’m not a coder.I know this is a alpha game.
I love this game and I love the community is there some way that we can come together Eleon Game Studios they need to improve their PVP?
I really love the mods that Homeworld server is doing.
I have patience and time but I will always love my beloved Homeworld Server.

2 Likes

For starters they need to make a decent amount of ore for a multiplayer server. The default amount of resources which is what HWS seems to have (aside from asteroids) is far too low to support even 20 people. Sure there are numerous other issues and I look forward to see what Eleon does with the game, but I’ll probably miss a few seasons while I wait for some of the changes I’d like to see.

1 Like

Dude! Use your brain.
PVP isn’t compulsory activity.
Other players have life, their stuff would be destroyed if they can’t connect for 3-5 days. (I had to skip a complete season because life interrupted)
Accept that others don’t like PvP. Not need to understand why just accept it.
Let them enjoy the game in their own way don’t want to push them to pvp because you prefer pvp.

1 Like

I agree, having a “purge day” where PvE becomes PvP is just going to lead to the large factions going around and eradicating the smaller ones. They wouldn’t care at all. That would just turn the game into Rust or Ark, with the big tribes stomping out the little tribes before they can gather enough to mount any resistance.

1 Like

Yep. They need a lot of game engine and netcode optimization. But this is an awesome alpha game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone so far

Nope, not possible.

1 Like

First of all you have Supergates to jump extra-ordinary.
Second even if you enter with your Class 7 CV the Class 1 CV Orbit, you have 12 minutes.

See it as in movies: the orbital control station warns you and you have more than time to warp in the next orbit in 12 minutes. But if you ignore it, you will get “shot” > lose your ship.

1 Like

Already planned for the next season. EGS Flying City was a good example that the cool POIs should not be all on the starters.
I have some more in-depth plans for the next season especially for PvE / Story.

2 Likes

Class 2 is the lowest we can get.
Eleon thought about Dwarf planets = Class 1 but not available yet.

Regarding Garage ships I read here and there:
They are NOT granted to use where ever you want them to use. Of course it is senseless to buy them if you want them to use in GG (more than 5000 block HV for example) but it’s no rule.
New Garage ships are planned, which would consider these limits into account.

3 Likes

Prevent parking is not possible, nope.
I can only make the zone bigger structures will be teleported in.
Supergates were a brand new feature in HWS 8.
Since the feedback from them and the usage (hundreds of warps per day with them) is great so far, it will be improved next season. Especially with 1:n relations

4 Likes

It would be our fourth try… even though CSW is almost perfect now it would also bring back all the additional work I had with it and to make it interesting I would need a different universe etc. for it.

And statistically: the player who spam structures now on the server are the ones who don’t know what CSW even stands for, hence the problem wouldn’t be solved at all.

2 Likes