HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

In theory possible and interesting concept to match some HWS features / limits to the Alien Core… will think more about it.
For example egs:noguilty cost only half then if you pilot a Alien Core ship

6 Likes

Good Point and happened in the past. I thought about it but I couldn’t find a “soft border”

A coin with two sides… sure it wouldn’t be great and I know that but looking at the current situation there needs a change.
Btw. the little background intention of that change is to boost SV Miners (HWS Garage).

1 Like

My performance check says the opposite. It’s cool players built Class 7 by hands but the cost is too high.
Reducing the Class Size also reduces the stock piles everywhere which consume a lot of triangle and creates a lot of rendering issues.

I know you and others can have 15, 50, 100 +++ stuff. It’s about limiting here, not showing how much you can bring to the table.

Ehm, because HVs in Orbit can’t fly and are docked. Making a redundant different limit for CV carriers for their HVs wasn’t smart in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. Will read other opinions about that as well.

I know that regular sentence but this is exactly my purpose. The previous season(s) this approach did more harm than good.
Make a cut and see clearer. Not create scars here and there and see which of them works and which not.
But it’s about feedback, I won’t do anything hardcore without community feedback.

I thought about it but the “Garage ship” hate would be too big again since I have no time to implement proper HVs with the new limits then.

I took 25 because especially you, your alliance (and some on NA) have at the moment 25+ HVs on GG…

As I said already that the HWS Config will get a big rebalance as well.

1 Like

I tried it bit with Strayom Sector + its planets. But with the current limits the bottom planets got overrun. So I not only implemented the no-brainer two-way Supergate warp to ECC but also upping the limits of the planets there and make them more easie.

The WipeTime of 15 days is a global thing. But maybe @Jascha can work around a wipe counter per planet by checking the touch value as well. Currently we have the “create” wipe check (Starters). I think this is the only thing left :wink:

Big planets… while it was good for Marketing I haven’t got that much feedback about them… some SP guys say “wow, nice”. But most say, naah. And I can say from hardware performance: naaaoh.

4 Likes

The logic would be though: a 100 block CV for what? For carrying HVs, right? Also mostly for temporary stuff since it will get shot down most likely. Also HV = multiple = in a faction. Your viable PvP ship isn’t used in the process at all anyways. So communicate with your faction mates who is doing this temporary Carrier job and no limits are enforced.

Pay 2 win. Declined.

Hands down here: it’s not about the money. I can afford it money wise. It’s about tons of more work for me, administrating, maintaining and cater that third server. We had 3 attempts with our third server and the last one with a custom universe and Magnesium could be only found there was the best. Still, max. 20 players on that server couldn’t justify my burn outs and 150+ dollar per month.

See above. @Jascha magic needed.

Agree. My time ran out to make some planets AWESOME. Sad point for me. Nevertheless, even if they are awesome and worth the trip => more people would settle there => more RAM and performance strains on the server.
Overall I would say 1 PvE Class 5 and 1 PvP Class 5 with very very special purpose for each of them.
(PvE = story. PvP = biome raiding risks for example)

Yes. Similar to above. Time was running out and some communication problems caused more problems… it should be great with the next season again though.
And btw. every time such complains come up: please do me a favor and spread the word about the ECC missions + Ninja Mission. What you can get from these missions are insane for free basically.

Huh? What POIs?

2 Likes

All in for that idea but some player would kill me.

Technically correct as well.

My 1 private stuff approach was the “soft border” someone requested.
To be honest, almost all of you who read and write here know HWS better.
But from my point of view: tons of rage quitters and support tickets are raised from people who don’t understand even the difference between faction and private. Or why they “should be forced”.
But again… maybe it is time to sort these people out for the better sake of everyone.
HWS is a hard server overall — even if some haters say the opposite.

That is not right unfortunately. The amount I would need to refund all current affected garage ships at the moment are roughly calculated for me alone 1 whole day or 3 days with some pauses.
There is no CTRL + Z shortcut for me.
There won’t be any refund and there won’t be any big limit change affecting them, I will make sure of them.
And even IF, maybe, then this is how it is.

1 Like

Up for discussion.
Overall, as some said already, PvE is the big strain for this change here.

PvP however focus also on planet Bases and their mega performance issues.
So to sum it roughly up:
PvP => planet change
PvE => all change

My proposed new Orbit limits were just for consistency reasons.

Hmm… don’t know if I want that hate whip again.

Some call hoarding fun – what now?

1 Like

You forget that it is at the moment NEVER a “1 Base vs Enemies” scenario.
The reality shows: “Many facion bases together + active defender vs Enemies”. So multiple Class 1 bases are again Class 7 in total again.

But as I said, the Config will be changed as well to make all balanced again.

That is what I knew already would came up before I clicked on the “Create Topic” button.
Not that I wanted to read exactly that comment again but to see what the feedback overall will be.
Still, you are not in the middle point here and others would lose maybe more.

To roughly TL;DR this topic: I want to symbolize that HWS will be different the next season. It will probably don’t fit some players anymore at all — if they understand it and happily search other servers or rage quit and ally with all the other “limit haters”, I don’t care.

But the change next friday can be made softer for the first month of the season. The second month bit harder again and the next season the full enforcement. Bringing everyone gently to the new limits.

3 Likes

Our main philosophy as AFT and I started with our own big HWS Config were: to not change the HWS gameplay TOO much from the vanilla one. Hence only the Artillery Turret got changed to +1 limit.
If we make drastically (but maybe needed) changes, many blueprints of players would be red and they don’t know why.
They would read our Guide… they would ask… or why not simply pick another server?
Tricky…

Read above regarding the third server.

1 Like

In theory possible and interesting concept to match some HWS features / limits to the Alien Core… will think more about it.
For example egs:noguilty cost only half then if you pilot a Alien Core ship

Also it solve the problem with “Garage ship” , do not have to cut or not so much.

Another plus is that there will be opponents of a sharp reduction in the size of the class to 1 on the CV. However, there is a compromise: put aliencore and do CV for example 2 classes.

1 Like

Hey Rexxus, firstly cheers for the detailed reply :slight_smile: I like the way you break it down and reply to each bit, it’s well layed out and easy for me and others to read :slight_smile:

Regarding this bit i wasn;'t bragging, i’m basically making the same point as here:

I just meant that by having a 5 CV class limit max all that is going to happen is that fights will become limited. Not to mention that there’s no way of knowing where allied ships are, so we at GMC may jump into BH with three ships and we’d suddenly start getting cap warnings.

CV class reduction i don’t mind as much as others. One question though; is it possible to break down the class limits, such as this:

Black Hole
Max 1 Class 4 CV, 5 CVs class 1 (you get the idea, basically breaking down different limits based on different classes)

As there’s certainly lots of configureability with the limits :slight_smile:

Yeah but that’s three factions worth of gear to be honest, but yeah if it’s causing a massive performance issue i’m more than happy to co-operate and reduce our HV count.

You still did a great job, and yeah one bigPVE and one big PVP sounds good (Just please don’t make ECC class 5, don’t wanna take ten hours to reach the galactic HQ :stuck_out_tongue: )

Yeah right now the orbit limit is the bit i’m most worried about right now, but i’m glad that it’s not set in stone. I would say to not even have an alliance based CV limit. Keep the fights free-flowing and emergent.

Once again this raises the question for me of why change the config? It’s practically perfect, to be honest going from class 7 to class 1 is extreme to say the least. How about a partial step-down to class 4 or even class 3?

CVs also i don’t mind classes going down, but once again class 7 to class 1 seems intense. Why not going down to class 3 or 4?

A little bit vitriolic there my man, we should always try and engage and speak to those who have issues,. Let’s be careful who we define as ‘haters’. Yes we’ve all dealt with folks who do nothing but rage or whine, but some people can be convinced to another one’s way of thinking :slight_smile: I for one have convinced folks on these forums and been convinced myself at times and have changed my opinion :slight_smile:

This is a really good idea, as it doesn’t just cause chaos or anarchy but gives people (including our alliance) time to adapt.

Overall feeling so far: Positive about most of the changes (especially the PVE ones ofc :stuck_out_tongue: ) and slightly apprehensive over base class, cv class, and cv limits in oribts. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the hard work you put in Rexxus!
Best regards
Wise

2 Likes

You both did a great job. Credit where credit is due the config was a massive improvement over the base-game. You guys did amazing in sorting that out.

Anyways, i’ll stop with the flattery now :stuck_out_tongue:

Best regards
Wise

1 Like

Nope, waiting for more input. In the end it is all about laggs and how we can improve it.
If even the sentence falls “mass CV fights is fun even with laggs” well…

The Config and it’s values are like an ecosystem. Each value is (or should) coordinated with others and then again into the bigger picture of limits, athomsphere density, gravity, terrain height and so on.
If you change just a little bit like HV Combat Blocks, all of the other values have to re-considered and adjusted as well.
Hence the Config is in big need of a change already with the HV CB and the coming limits.

Would be an idea, yes.

Oh, german language again huh. It wasn’t meant to be “vitriolic”… it was in fact addressed to the current existent haters out there, not the poor guys who maybe become some now.
(and I know all of my haters in all Discord servers, trust me)
Of course I take feedback from everyone serious, otherwise my last 2 years were wasted I guess.
I just want to point out that some “Minecraft” players here should think about it.

Thanks for your feedback

2 Likes

he also talks about donors being the first to occupy places that they should not with very large structures,take care to give everyone not just for donors, since everyone plays and votes to your server ,thanks.

1 Like

@RexXxuS Looking at all the Reply’s here I have to agree . Going down From 7 to 1 is a extreme . We were in a massive CV fight last week and there was no issues’s . Not everyone has Good gaming computers or fast internet . If we keep cutting down the Class size we will start to lose more and more members .

7 Seems to be the sweet spot that most Server’s are running and they do not have any issue’s running 7’s . With HWS being the biggest and best Server we should be able to also . A lot of people already do not like all the rules here and either do not come to the Server because of these rules or leave because of them in the name of “lag”

It is hard make both side’s happy trying to fix everyone’s lag issue will never be fixed .There will be Lag regardless on what you do . Having people go in small little ship’s every where is horrible idea.

A lot of players love to use Ships from the Workshop. As to where it is part of the game . Cutting down to a Class size one takes a lot of Content away from the game .

I love playing on this Server and Supporting this Server financially as a Donator . But taking away even more content in the name of “lag” . Will become a issue . And it may be time to move on if this is the case.

3 Likes

Rexxus one thing is clear you big PVP factions are in here looking to shape the server for them and their purposes. Many smaller groups and solo players get washed away by the big groups. People blame planet sizes but at the same time other servers report class 5 is fine. They are not pushing the player limits of the game to start. That right there has to be a big strain. Fewer people fewer structures.
Reducing classes on PVP hotspots…well there are not many other planets for PVP after you restrict the hotspots. So now the small groups are forced to be in the same sector with the groups of 30+. Lower the BA class limit and well those BA have no chance.
Perhaps you do not see this but you are twisting this server into something where only large groups can work. This means if you are not already part of the group you are pushed out. HWS is going to see a playerbase drop if this happens. You will sadly end up with less than half your population.
It is not your fault Rex every time you do this it is the same thing. The same groups come in here to push for what they want. Smaller groups get shut out and changes happen. Smaller groups now have it so hard they just go elsewhere. Example of that ingame now. Rare resources. Most found in Blackhole and likely Titian. If you are a small group though you do not date. The factions/alliance of 30+ control those spots. Way to reduce this issue…No bases at all in Blackhole sector. Include the planets in the daily wipe and restrict BA all together. Now no one group can control those places and the fights are over getting the resources but if the group is not on then they are not a threat. Now smaller groups can have some fun with PVP.

I know you are trying hard to be fair to everyone that is obvious to anyone with an open mind. There are some changes though that your large factions do not want. Starting with the idea that got swallowed of small groups. However you do it make a group no large then atleast 10. Then that group of 3 has a chance if all 10 of the larger group are not on. With a group of 30 the odds that 10 are on increases.

To solve some issues with the Garage ships…perhaps the weapons on them need to be default across the board. Again smaller groups that can not control GG can not get the riches. With a group of 30 controling GG I will not bother going there. I can not stand up to them. I am sure many other groups think the same. I was in Blackhole one day mining seen another solo guy, my turrets shot he ran. Likely reason he thought it was a piece of a larger group which means to fight is to die when suddenly you go from 1vs 1 to 1 vs 5-10.

Anyhow I hope maybe these comments are not again swallowed up by the masses and these ideas can help. Sometimes Rex that is why I pitch ideas to you in PM as I speak/type to be heard not watch my words become the few in the pool of the many. I want fairplay for everyone big and small groups and not see the big factions rule everything. Already they start out with tons of crap. Even if small groups used the OCD and what not to move to next season there is no competition.

3 Likes

Hi Dawg,

As a member of a ‘big pvp faction’ i’m actually alright with most of the changes, there are jus some glaring issues that need to be straightened out and then i’ll almost be entirely happy.

THe biggest issue in my mind that we both agree on is resource scarcity, something that Rex had amited was messed up as well as the limiting number of spots to find rare resources. Perhaps a second space system with asteroids that have rare resources, it could be a really good anchor point for PVP.

Once again we agree mostly here, but for different reasons, but i think we’re both on the same page that base class 1 is too extreme.

That’s…certainly one point of view, if i was to ask some of my faction collegues they’d have the exact opposite opinion stating that big alliance based PVP is getting slightly harder (which is a good thing IMO as it prevents just everyone allying up consequence free. I must say props to Rex and Jasch for the alliance based OLP, that was a massive thing and has been good in encouraging alliances to not just turn into a giant zerg.

This is just arithmitic i’m afraid; bigger factions have more people. More people mean more people on forum. And i think it’s a little bit harsh to say ‘shut out’ as Rexx defo (definitely) takes everyones opinion into consideration, take a look at some of our previous suggestion threads by individual plsyers.

Bases for the past four seasons or so have been anchorpoints of PVP, discouraging base-building merely removes another excellent potential flashpoint for emergent PVP combat. :slight_smile:

There are some changes that anyone/everyone/someone/no-one want, this bit seems vague.

Or he had a harvest box full of gold :slight_smile:

The top part i disagree with, i think Rexx is really good at taking into account all comments and opinions. However the second bit i would say that the OCD is providing lots of power to ancient members. Mostly due to the fact that some still have resource stacks of 500,000. If possible i’d like to see all stack sizes bought into line with current OCD stack limits, but maybe taking place over two or so seasons so people can sell/use/dump their excess resources.

Best regards mate,
Wise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wiseman738 I am not a Veteran player of the Server and love having OCD , it gives reason to stay here and a goal to work on something for the future of my game play. Upgrading it , filling it up , using it etc…

As a new player I couldnt wait to be able to use it like everyone else was . It is a incentive to play here . Like a perk if you will.

People that complain about OCD , the way I look at it if you dont like it dont use it . When it comes to OCD everyone has the same chance and ability to use it .

IF people are complaining about bigger faction’s and how they are using their ability to gain materials for their OCD because they are big … Thats crazy … People need to learn diplomacy make allies and grow . If people do not want to do this and grow as a group playing with people online thats what single player is for .

2 Likes

May bee class 2 for CV/BA class 1 is really to small i agree. Again terrain wipe needs to happen around bases.

1 Like

there has definitely been a larger influx of new players this season, or so it seems.
so that puts the question forth:

Is the current mess a result of advertising / voting on empyrion servers ?
addionally the 8.0 update / summer sale, empyrion was 50% off, so that also likely drove traffic to HWS, but how many of these new players have stuck around?
some folks join the server, set up a base, and just stop playing.

perhaps there should be a sharper absentee wipe, say 4 or 5 days?

2 Likes