HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

Yes i think the limits should be changed now. Something like this would be best i think @RexXxuS.

Base: 1 per a Faction and 1 private per a player.
Capital Vessel: 1 per a faction member and 1 private per a player.
Small Vessel: 1 per a faction member and 1 private per a player.
Hover Vessel: 1 per a faction member and 1 private per a player.

I think there might need to be a few more pve planets but something smaller like a size class 2.

Best Regards and thank you for your continued hard work Rexxus!

2 Likes

I like the majority of the changes, but I would be strongly in favor of Class 3-4 CV limits for Hotspot PVP Space. Class 1 is a huge step from Class 7, but I agree Class 7 is too large

2 Likes

So what you are saying is I should take the boring approach of joining a faction and play in a large group? So you would push the solo guys and small groups out? I play solo Mainly because I find the survival of the game the challenge. Having to gather mats for what I want is half the game. It is my opinion that if this was harder for all that overcrowding of could also be slightly controled. The main resouces are still harder to get but those that are here every season have enough saved from last time to quickly dig with HV. This means they build more and build faster. For PVP it is a disadvantage for those that just found the server. My real concern though is the unbalanced gameplay where large groups rule. I should be able to choose how I play the game. I do not totally agree with squashing the PVE people that just build but that effects performance so it is needed. Also PVE is suppose to be Vs envirorment and there is little to no danger from envirorment.

One positive to forcing smaller groups is means smaller battles that means no lag. A benifit to no BA on GG means there has to be PVP there to interfer with mining not just someones base properly laid out with no one around. There is no way people can argue that the larger groups are richer not because they are more people but because smaller groups can not compete with the number.

3 Likes

To be honest wherever the big factions concentrate themselves they’re going to rule. Just a law of nature really.

I’m old enough to remember back when GG/Arma were created; and they were made specifically for the giant set-piece superbowl fights that you see on those planets. The biggest issue is the near single reliable place of finding resources (Black Hole.) [look back to the previous season and there were plenty of different places to gather resources, but deposits are buggy and unreliable and small so asteroids have become the new mining meta.

There simply aren’t enough reliable resource-gathering areas (outside of the BIG PVP Hotspots) for players to go to gather.

I’m thinking about possibly a black-hole style system but with TONS of common ore asteroids instead. That could be something very interesting. Hell it could even have a low CV alliance limit (2 or 3) to stop big alliances hunting there. I wouldn’t mind that. (I only mind the 5 cv alliance limit for places like BH and HW systems which have always been the source of our historic CV battles :slight_smile: !

Yeah this is an issue too, hopefully more can be done to make them feel more PVE-esque.

For better or for worse lag has always been part of PVP. It’s much MUCH better than it used to be. A big CV battle we had in 5.0 crashed the entire server three times. Poor Rex! :stuck_out_tongue: (These days that doesn’t happen anymore luckily :slight_smile: )

I think these points are two and the same,-right? "No way that people can argue that larger groups are richer not because they are more people, but because smaller groups can not compete with the number.’ <–Therefore it’s due to more people? Though once again i’d say my main issue is not the big PVP factions, but instead with just how scarce the resources are this season (and with how unreliable the deposits are). As well as BH being one of the main focuses of resource gathering (which is quite nice to have back again but there should be another space zone for non-rare gathering with ample asteroids.)

Best regards :slight_smile:
Wise.

1 Like

No that is not what I am saying , but how is it the bigger Faction’s fault that they choose to play together . Our Faction fights against a 1 man Faction that has very good skill’s ( no names ) but he knows who he is as do we . He isnt on here complaining about Faction sizes. There is plenty of times he has killed us and we have killed him in battle . At the end of the fight regardless of who win’s it is alway " Good Fight"

If you think it is boring that is your opinion and I except that . Play alone if that is what you wish . But as I just stated there are people out there that are amazing at this Server being a one man Faction . If they can do it , why can’t you ?

I will say one thing as much as people might not like this in my faction as well as other’s is, I do Agree on no Bases on Golden Globe . That’s my opinion . Which we are all able to have …The reason I say this, is GG is suppose to be Planet that helps the economy of the Server . Using gold in the market , upgrading OCD’s etc . The ECC Sector and Planet for example have no Bases or Ship’s this way it is a smooth game play for everyone and they can do their marketing …

As far as the Golden Globe . Everything like rare ores comes with a price which is why I agree to keep it PVP . Because anyone that likes to PVP will PVP there . Helping run another Server and understanding how Server’s are, Removing this much Terrain can already cause a Planet to Lag and or Crash . Now add Bases , then add PVP … The possiblity of Lag is there … I will say though playing alot on the Golden Globe myself . I dont really see alot of Lag . Even during the Battle’s .

Speaking on an Economy side of things I would like to see more people be able to get Gold to help them enjoy the Content of the Server to keep them here . Knowing that there are Bases down there , can detour them from mining any Gold and in the end possibly lose them .

1 Like

Make sure your limits dont make it a hassle to fly around.

You should be able to have 2 of anything except bases per playfield because of the already listed issues with being limited to one - I.E. your 100 block GG CV probably doesnt make for a good base, and by the same token alot of players probably base out of a CV in a safe zone, they should be able to enter this playfield in their other CV and not get warnings while transferring loot from one to another or etc.

Making all hotspots limited to class 1 CV’s is a bad call. I can see reducing from 7 in some sectors but not so drastically. Class 1 CV’s arent fun. Class 3 minimum for a good time - they can sport all the guns but dont last forever in terms of durability.

3 Likes

Reducing cv size again is part of this bad ongoing trend. The reason they were reduced last time was to deal with ships made mostly of triangles, and then it was eased i think because the triangle block mata was changed to where now the game counts in true blocks or something like that.

I don’t think cv class size needs any reduction but if its for some reason which i don’t now about necessary, it shouldn’t go less then 6 or 5.

2 Likes

i agree leave the cv class size the way it is , and reduce the planet sizes and the bases class sizes. and see how much it reduces the lag than go from there and tweek it and go from thee, as even in a sv i can get the occasional lag from the planet size

1 Like

Honestly I do not think CV size will effect planets as CV is usless on planets. Though you could make it so no CV over class 1 can go down to a planet. This means you need a transport ship to drop off your HV. Stealth command then could protect your CV in orbit.

Everyone seems to think planet sizes are going to reduce things and they are not. What will happen is you will need more planets to support the size of the population so you will not save on anything at all.

For something like GG yeah class 5 would be crazy but if I just want to have a base on a planet a class 2-3 means I likely will not even build it before I am hit by a large faction. Anything under 4 is too easy for one faction to control but I think that could be part of the drive to make smaller planets. Perhaps a comprimise could be made. Split the number of PVP planets between class 3 and class 5. Those that do not want to deal with class 5 do not have to.

1 Like

I have a class 3 CV that is 2777 blocks. It performs well enough to be fun but isnt super-durable and would actually die in any real fight if I was at the disadvantage. I’d love to see the new CV class size as less than 7, but not 1, 2, or 6. Something 3-5 is most likely to please all in a median sense.

Class 7 CVs are pretty laggy in big fights and they take too long to die - 30 minutes after the start of a fight 8 new ships arrive but ship 1 is still limping around eating server resources by nature of still moving and taking damage to targetable blocks.

1 Like

One thing i am 100% sure of is that Golden Globe or any other major pvp planet does not need any reduction in size. If anything Golden Globe should be fully class 5 so as to allow smaller factions to atleast have a better chance of surviving a little longer before some giant factions tear it to shreds.

3 Likes

Not GG. GG has always been a bit of a superbowl. HW would be best kept Class 5. Keep GG small and easy to navigate/find PVP. That was always the intention of GG. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

When you have major factions fighting inside golden Globe its almost in no way hard to find pvp. But maybe it should stay as is. Last season it was too easy for established factions settled on Golden Globe to patrol the whole planet. I’d like to see the smaller factions have more time to settle before they get overrun.

1 Like

Class 5 and it absolutely is. Only the most dedicated individuals will fly around a class 5 planet to look for PVP.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Furthermore onto my previous point remember what i said about GG always being basically a deathmatch arena for the bigger factions. Save the big classs-size planets for the other PVP planets such as HomeWorld or even Armageddon.

Let’s not forget that both HW and Arma had gold on them last season, which provides opportunities for smaller factions there.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

Hey Rexxxus, loving the ideas so far buddy, realize there’s alot here that needs to be changed and that’s a bit jarring for everyone. Two things I ask though:

HVs: Please don’t make HVs smaller or same size as SVs because then we run into the problem of what is the point of HVs. I think its natural that a device that only slightly hovers above the ground would be able to carry more then a fully fledged flying machine. Perhaps a limit reduction of 1K? to bring it down to 4K? which is already the blockcount that many of us use?

Reason for this suggestion performance wise is even reducing it by 500 blocks or 1000 would reduce it across all 20 of those hvs currently fighting, which is huge. Lets see how that goes first before we roll the limits all the way down

CVs: Lets not reduce the class size to 1 for hotspot orbits, its the only place where CV pvp happens, and a bunch of class size 1 cvs (basically flying bricks at that point) is very uninspiring. Lets maybe reduce it to class size 5, or perhaps put a block count limit instead, of say, 90-100K blocks. We want our dreadnoughts to be used right?.

All of your other changes I agree need to happen in order to reduce lag, its this or we simply let pvp die which is unacceptable. Such a shame that it’s come to this, but certain groups just can’t keep their hands off haha.

1 Like

Yeah i’d say 3500K blocks for HVS, then they still have TONS more HP than they started out with.

The CV limits need work also, there shouldn’t be a hard-cap on CV numbers in the hotspot areas, especially ones such as black hole that wipe daily…

Err that’s excessive, 50K blocks is more than ample, if it’s taking someone 100k blocks to build a tanky CV ‘dreadnought’ then they’re doing it wrong :stuck_out_tongue: That’s some Star Wars Empire Style over-engineering going on there :stuck_out_tongue:

Less people not keeping their hands off and more the case of HWS being a victim of its own success with an enormous PVE influx, which despite being good has also added extreme performance issues. I mean i’d start by reducing all those PVE planets north of the Alien areas to class 2 and I would apply a very strict global limit for that entire sector.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

You don’t need a alliance to get FA supply. I’m just a solo player with no alliance.
That’s what the faction counts are is alliance NOT origins which is what the fa supply requires.

1 Like

This is untrue. In the past we had MUCH smaller planets and still we had HUGE numbers of people living on them. People just have to build smart. I remember in 5.0 a planet called ‘Nova’ or something that must have had about 50 active members there as it was an unofficial PVE sanctuary away from the busy pirate lane that was between the planet and the warp-in point.

This idea of factions genuinely being able to ‘control planets (at least on EU) is baloney. They can exercise influence on a planet; sure. But that requires a constant presence and constant scouting. Even scouting on a class 3 planet (current GG size) requires several passes due to the new size (this is a good thing ofc.) But i;d say class 3 is pretty decent. But for PVE planets i’d say the ole’ class 2 is fine. As Rex himself stated that he was blown away by how much RAM the bigger planets were using.

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

3500 blocks for hvs would still cause a mass redesign, where as 4K would be a simple easy transition via removing layers. I still hold on 4K

1 Like