HWS 8 limits PvE & PvP [POLL]

Thanks for your feedback. It’s not meant to force players to buy them, just highlighting here more decisions.

You see I adjusted the HV limits but the main motivation behind limiting them is often comments such “and what about my miner”? etc.
Mining in its nature is PvE (player vs environment), not PvP. Hence Miners have no right to be on a PvP planet in first place in my opinion.
It is a temporary act to bring HV Miners to GG for example.

1 Like

Sure they contribute to lag, like everything else too.
I can disallow them but since it is a global thing, some PvE players won’t like that. If they have to kill SpaceDrones with rockets, they become poor fast. Only legit way would be reducing the ROF.

1 Like

Good idea I thought about before HWS 8 as well… only problem is it creates an additional playfield which is heavy for hardware CPU.

Supergates, Stargates… every time you put them in PvE people just park near them. Afraid to make any step more than needed.
Ideally we would have Tax Zones near them, not the whole playfield.
But since they are invisible and the greeting message is ignored often, the hate would be there again I guess.

3 Likes

These changes are great for the most part. I’m concerned about the CV class size restriction in hot spots mainly due to having purchased a garage ship for the purpose of pvp in those hotspots, and now I won’t be able to use it. So I have a 30mil credit paperweight that I’ll end up recycling if this change goes through. I’d love to see this change happen but I’d much rather see it happen at the start of a new season rather than mid season.
Everything else looks great though (and I’d like to see planet wipes of the class 5 to drop to 3 but I understand why you wouldn’t do that)
If you do implement the class 5 cv limits in hotspot areas, would there be any way for those of us who bought recently to receive some form of compensation?

2 Likes

For hotspot orbit like BH maybe we can make it specifically so FAction CV can be something like max 15 or even 20. Simply so if Factions are at full strength '(which is rare i know) then no-one will be limited from entering.

Everything else looks AMAAAAZING. Good work Rexxus! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, now I can cover all 6 sides of my warp sled :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

System with claim device and distance between bases doesnt work. This big base on GG - too many bases builded each within other, blocks inside blocks. And with activated claim device. Please, look at it attentively.

2 Likes

Main enemy in this game - lags and fps because of bad network code and bad optimization. Some people intended down own internet speed for obtaining benefits due to this. It’s not like a normal game. Just awful.

1 Like

My opinion is that the rules that change during the game are shit. 1. What I want to say Rex we are not cannon fodder and do not have to entertain anyone. 2. 10 bases at one point is such a joke? 3. Who invented this? 4. One base bears 42 turrets. multiply by 9 and post 378 turrets and you still want that we do not look for some tricks? And I do not really understand why our faction of the RED is constantly checked for something? Why do not they check who we attack (ACM GMT AAA? This allyan has many shortcomings and every time they get away with everything. Just now I’m talking about the situation about which Rex wrote to you in a personal killing board and the system of guilt. I did not wait for the answer. The situation with the hover sad story, too the faction of the GMC ACM used this hover back in the version of alpha 6.7.8 in all seasons, what a verdict they took out just now a very long time has passed.

My suggestion is 1. leave 5 bases for the alliance but but that they 350 meters from each other. 2. To forbid to divide large factions into small 3. OP as it is. 4 is not some prime time even there is no sense to enter it again, someone will use it.

2 Likes

I understand the issue of performance. and I think that should be priority number 1. No performance, no game.

For the limitations…

I would go down from (where it is 5) to 2 (not 1). It could just be me, structures may have multiple functions and it is hard to combine all the functions into 1 structure. Example, I have a transport SV (to haul resources and let me fly in PvE space) and a fighter SV (for PvP). Same with CV. Transport/living version, vs PvP fighting version. you may want a spawning platform, etc.

Also I am trying to understand how this all works, but Let’s say I can only have one on planet, I could have a transport SV on planet, that would let me fly into orbit where I have my fighter SV. But if limits are also 1 in orbit, I cannot be there with 2 SVs at the same time. with 2 you can be a lot more flexible…

1 Like

Hey Loopsyi, glad to see you are on the forums :slight_smile:

I just wantto clear up some things for you :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what this means but i think PVP in general is very fun and we in GMC/AAA/ACM enjoy fighting you guys :slight_smile: I enjoyed fighting you in that Mauruder over on your spawn pad earlier. It was a fun fight.

It’s better this way as before it was 3 each so we ended up with about 15 bases from 5 different factions still in very smart positions and very close so easy to defend. Now without the RED/GREEN barriers it is harder to defend a base as you can be attacked from all directions. Our base was planned to deal with that situation :slight_smile:

Once again though the base is made to cover all points so you’ll never have all turrets firing at you at the same time :slight_smile: (Not unless you charge in with an SV into the middle, then you’ll have most (still not all) turrets firing at you. :slight_smile:

We have been checked multiple times and have lost ships when they have been found to be breaking rules. We make no excuses for that, they shouldnt have been spawned in the first place and we (i can only speak for GMC) have been using our ‘matilda’ design for most seasons so we’re in a pretty good position anyways, we haven’t used the old ‘sad story’ style design for a while.

I promise you this is not true my good Sir :slight_smile: We have had several conversations with Rexxus regarding multiple issues he has bought to us, but we always try to respond positively (sometimes we can be defensive) and correct any problems as soon as we are messaged by Rexxus.

I don’t remember a single GMC ‘sad story’ design from 7 or 8. 6 it was used, and multiple times it was checked and claimed to be fine, now recently the rule seems to have changed or become more strict/enforced and i’m perfectly happy with that, it makes fighting fairer and easier for both sides :slight_smile:

I think we should see how 5 bases do without a minimum distance first, let’s not go too far :slight_smile: It’ll be fun to see how we build a smaller star fort :slight_smile:

Agreed! :slight_smile:

Agreed! :))

Not sure what you mean by this one.

Anyways best regards Loopsyi, and a big shoutout to Russia for hosting an OUTSTANDING world-cup also! :slight_smile: :football:

Best regards
Wise

1 Like

Dragon Teeth are legit base defenses; I don’t know who in their right mind would think otherwise.

I think the ones complaining are the ones who find it easier for a law change rather then getting off their lazy behinds and taking it by force like their supposed to.

The ones asking for a ban on dragon teeth remind me of some crooked lobbyist asking for a law change for special ‘corrupt treatment’ rather then competing fairly in the free market.

4 Likes

I agree… My two friends and I recently decided not to play because of this… We bought empyrion and joined HWS for good PVE and PVE content, but found out there is basically zero pvp?? After searching for HOURS on a few planets we just gave up. We found bases on Golden Globe (which wipe every 24hr, so no good loot anyways). But come to found out they were class 7 freaking bases?? and we are allowed class 0/1 SV,CV,HV??? How the hell are 3 guys in a class 1 ship supposed to take out 20+ gun bases?? and then have them be empty anyways cause they move all loot to their pve base?..

Just found it to be frustrating to have HUGE ~5 hour exploration pvp worlds and not PVP optimized rules… we donated ~$50 between us, and hope that some day the server will be better suited for fun full loot PVP with some rules that encourage you to keep loot not on a PvE planet.

1 Like

Bases on Golden Globe don’t wipe ever 24 hours. Who told you that? Black Hole Space wipes every 24 hours not the planets themselves.

In terms of keeping more loot on pvp playfields yes i think being able to use ocd in pvp would encourage people to take out more loot from their ocd’s while in pvp and so that when an enemy is attacking them or close by in range they can’t put anything back and then puff so much loot to last for months. xD

1 Like

This is way better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe allow people to take out of their ocd in pvp but not put back? I think you would find more loot on pvp bases if happens.

2 Likes

@RexXxuS This proposal does look much better than the initial big cuts, still a hit but much more realistic in terms of factions being able to operate within these new limits.

As far as the HVs go we should not assume that the extra parked HVs are useless or being used as static defenses. In a large battle where major forces are committed to an attack or defense we will frequently go through all 10 that are spawned and loaded.

Also due to the current meta of HV bombing we have been forced to park our reserve HVs underground to prevent them from being wrecked by friendly fire and the turrets of unmanned vehicles dropped into the base.

We can adapt and keep the extra vehicles in our factory, but they are not useless or being used as static defense. Their use and positioning is always in flux so what was true last season may not be the current meta.

We do appreciate you taking the feedback into consideration, hopefully some will see or hear of this and reconsider packing up their toys and going home.

5 Likes

I think it can be enabled on planet only.

1 Like

I like that. The problem was always the ocd:put in pvp

1 Like

Please advise of the definitive final decision class limit changes. I would recommend a 2 week time line @RexXxuS to prepare, if possible please.

Dragon Teeth/Moats should be allowed.

My class size recommendations based on all playfields:

BA: 5
CV: 3 - 5
SV: 1
HV: 1

The reason I recommend all changes for all playfields @RexXxuS is because its fair to everyone putting their input. Not based on hotzones. It reduces lag across all playfields… its a win/win. Iam thinking of the server not just golden globe. Which means I will have to rework everything too.

Or end the season in a month.

Keep it simple

Also I do like the idea of planet size’s being reduced; if there is people hiding on pvp planets, I would be shocked.

AS for HV:s not being used, we use them for fights when they occur, not just point defenses. Some can use them as mini point defences… but that is up to them based on strategy. Which is a legitimate defence option.

What causes alot more lag is intentionally dropping hv’s from the sky as sacrifice to ammo drain bases. Also legitimate tactic, but still a lag inducing mess.

@Dawg Work with other factions and/or join another faction.

1 Like