HWS 9 Teaser I | Big rework of Elemental Bank | Supergates

That’s part of the problem. You haven’t told us anything about the new season 9 mechanics or game changes. So all we know is that our bank and OCD is getting nerfed into the ground but you’re not telling us how you’re changing the HWS to make things better or make these changes worth it. All that we’ve seen so far is that, we’re going to have to grind a LOT more (both RP and credits) to get these new bank limits all while having less total storage and we have no idea as to the changes of the playfields or mechanics or even have any hint or clue as to how it won’t be a massive grindfest to get the new EB/OCD levels. Not trying to sound mean but one of the reasons I stopped playing Warframe is because it is exactly this kind of minimal reward grindfest. All you do is, log on, grind, grind, grind, get frustrated you haven’t gotten it yet, log off, sleep, log on, grind, grind, grind, finally get the thing you want, realize it wasn’t worth the excessive amount of grinding, log off, stop playing for a few days, come back, grind, grind, grind. Rinse and repeat till you realize that the game is just not worth playing AT ALL.

That’s entirely incorrect if you are going large scale enough.

This by the way is on-top of the price increase that we’ve already received - garage ships are well over 10m, which is alot of investment for fighters that commonly only last one battle before losing a gun or two.

The only way i find this a realistic option is if everything else got improved too. You shouldn’t lower income but keep prices the same.

For people getting OCD lvl 7 with interest i had the same plan. But ask yourself is it a good gameplay mechanic to just click on website to get hundreds of millions for not doing anything?

I can honestly only see this even remotely realistic if the levels are permanent and considered as ultimate challenge just like OCD 7. Even then one would never break even if we’re realistic about anyone’s active playtime (years needed). It would still be worth it as ultimate challenge, the final goal

1 Like

That sounds really interesting! The skill tree could also be used for such a thing! (Queue my shameless promotion of my own idea! :slight_smile: ) Skill-Tree suggestion for 9.0 [I may need to modify the title [9.0 to 10.0] hehehe]… But I like the sound of getting one upgrade reducing the cost of another, like a bank respecting a big investor more than a little one! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise.

2 Likes

TO be fair @VCross, he is not nerfing OCD… he is normalizing the OCD amounts that some older veteran players have, ie OCD slots with700k ores each. And he is giving warning ahead of time, so the players can take them out and do something with them, like make T2Generators and whatnot. Or be lazy and get some creds and RP.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t need garage ships to pvp. If you do they need some serious rework.

Yeah because forcing lagshots with a ship that has 10 pulse lasers can be done without a garage ship.

Yeah it was a GREAT change that has long been overdue, whether or not we all like this change is irrelevant, the OCD normalisation was very important, and although it’ll personally ‘hurt’ lots of old gmc members we are all very happy with the change as it is long overdue and helps balance the books for newer players. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Then giving us your vision of HWS 9 in little spoilers is not the way to do it. We need to see the whole vision in order to appreciate what you intend doing. You cannot say ‘you don’t know what is coming’ without telling us what it is. That is counter-productive.
I play a huge amount - about 7000 hours so far - so I find it insulting that I am told that income comes by playing

1 Like

I just mention OCD because some people were unhappy with the changes and feel that the “rewards” for what they had over the new limits in their OCD were more of a pity-payout than acutally worth what they had in their OCD

Resource wise - one fighter costs about 100k, currently. That will chew through 500k per day. That’s only 5 fighters not including ammo fuel or anything else

I don’t know who you are but your gameplay is entirely different from mine. PVP on NA is alot more intense then what your proposing.

1 Like

From trader you can get ingots between 2-3 credits ±. That’s way over 100k ingots every day! It is way more than you can use every day.

I think the mainstream feedback repeats itself from now on.

Releasing bits of information is always tricky. Especially if the coming Gameplay will affect calculations, feelings and such.
But it’s a bad situation because A) I am not allowed to tell more yet and B) the information must be shared in a given order.
I mean I could go ahead and stop with all these teaser which consume easy 3 hours each time and just say “surprise”.

But if I say don’t calculate with interest and give smart feedback about the “bigger picture” I still get comparisons about the current 5m interest break-even stuff.

I recommend to let it sink guys, don’t focus on the interest part, think about possible scenarios in HWS 9 where you get not only a lot of Alien Container Traders but also much more Commodity Traders. Think about given roles you take part in. Fighter, Trader, Pirate, etc.

But I will also go and finish my own calculations based on 1000+ players. See if some prices can be tuned in a better way.

Of course this is just a game and of course it should not be grindy as hell and give also casual gamers a nice home. I fully agree.
My vision is just thinking ahead of a possible MMO or RPG, where you just can’t “have everything” and should choose your gameplay per season differently :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback so far.
Don’t worry too much as I said. Nothing is set to stone yet!

3 Likes

Thanks for being understanding RexXxus… As I’m sure you well know… any time you change the game people are always unhappy, especially the ones affected most. Like I said… my initial impressions are that I’m not enthused about the EB change. But they are just that, initial. I’m willing to see how the rest of the changes stack up.

3 Likes

Honestly, the investment issue wouldn’t be an issue if we knew how easy/hard it would be to get RP/Credits/Resources next season. I know you said you can’t divulge too much but the problem is right now all we have to compare it to is what is in the current playfields and as it sits right now, it’d take the entire season grinding and then some to get all the requirements to make these investments. And the second issue is the carry over. So say, for example, it does take all season grinding to get to EB10, if I don’t buy the carry over I gotta do the same thing all over again in season 10 and I can’t guarantee that I’ll have real life cash to spend to get the carry over. So, say for example, I’m unable to get the carry over and I spend most of season 9 grinding to get EB10 and then it gets reset on the season wipe I can guarantee I won’t be back for season 10.

As I said before we can only comment on what we know. If stuff is held back the feedback will be on what we know only - not what we don’t know. Being told that we done know it all is not productive. It only makes people angry that we are being treated in a less than mature manner.
I personally am not prepared to be tied into an MMO system , so I am seriously considering leaving this server and will urge others to do so as well

3 Likes

Exactly this! Thank you.

It’s called NDA guys and I won’t share anything from Alpha 9, if the time is not right :smiley:

You rather have to “trust” me on my words.

There were few guys for example who achieved OCD level 7 with just joining HWS 8.X and pushing Commodity Trading as hell.
Something what I teasered after HWS 8.0, you remember?

I will think about these teasers to not cause “angry people”… I think I should be the only angry guy here :wink: