HWS 9 Teaser I | Big rework of Elemental Bank | Supergates

For me my recommendation is a mathmatical one, i’ll put up some numbers later on. :slight_smile:

Mathematical look into any change is always wise, O wise one :wink:
I really hope Rex goes in with more mathematical look as well.

I could certainly enjoy another challenge. This system but as permanent would work.
Still it would be harder than OCD 7 & hardly profitable, but as permanent it could be considered as ultimate goal, ultimate challenge just like OCD 7. It’s not like OCD 7 is gonna pay itself back anytime soon either.

I just can’t wrap my head around who would ever consider upgrading EB to higher levels if these will wipe the same as before. Even if they look into all other benefits too.

2 Likes

The income - not 100% now unfortunately - comes from playing. Not passive 5m credits grabbing.
The differentiation between grinding and playing is sometimes very small. But again, you don’t know what is coming in HWS 9. I think you won’t call it grind :slight_smile:

but regarding supergates, something needed to be done, nice…

3 Likes

Hi Rex

My break down just based on the credits to pay for each section using the interest

EB1 Cost 2.5m return per day 100k total time to repay = 25 days
EB2 Cost 2.5m return per day 200k total time to repay = 12.5 days
EB3 Cost 5m return per day 300k total time to repay = 16.66 days
EB4 Cost 10m return per day 400k total time to repay = 25 days
EB5 Cost 25m return per day 500k total time to repay = 50 days
EB6 Cost 50m return per day 600k total time to repay = 83.33 days
EB7 Cost 70m return per day 700k total time to repay = 100 days
EB8 Cost 100m return per day 800k total time to repay = 125 days
EB9 Cost 200m return per day 900k total time to repay = 222.22 days
EB10 Cost 500m return per day 1m total time to repay = 500 days

Total days to pay back for all the banks based on interest will take 1159.71 days total of 3.1777 years.
This seems a rather long time to invest into an in game purchase?

3 Likes

Hmm… Rexxus,

My initial thoughts: I agree that some rework of EB is not a bad thing. That said, my first reaction is similar to what you have been hearing, basically that the adjustment seems to be extreme. Basically, for me, EB10 being MORE expensive that OCD 7 means that I will likely not ever get EB10. As it is, the 2.5 mil interest was part of my plan for saving up for OCD7, so that also slows down the goal date for that. In all likelihood, I will end up dropping EB completely, and just concentrate on mining or trading to make money for OCD7. So at first glance, my impression is that it will just drive people away from using EB, because paying for EB carryover doesn’t make sense if people don’t feel like it is worth the in-game time and effort, and the IRL cost of donation.

These are just my initial impressions… I’ll give it some more thought, and of course, the final proof will be what actually happens. But thanks for all the hard work you do, and striving for a better game balance.

Dhalgren

3 Likes

Rexxxus, I don’t have high enough ping for mining - my efforts are less then half as effective as someone with say <150ms

I don’t have enough time to play the game in the manner you are speaking of. Although I am a massive supporter of HWS, I only have 2-3 hours a day to get anything done and if that’s being forced to split between “gathering income” and “pvp gameplay that expends said income” I will have to choose.

That was what EB5 was for me, allowing me to focus on other gameplay after grinding it out (which btw took all season for me due to my poor mining ping)

2 Likes

Interest for any “break-even” calculations are invalid and not a subject of this discussion anymore.
I will rather put even more benefits out there to make it lucrative to upgrade than giving players passive and for free 5m credits per day.
For example reduces a higher EB level the price of OCD or OAM upgrades. Not final yet.

You don’t need more than 500k/day for pvp.

That’s part of the problem. You haven’t told us anything about the new season 9 mechanics or game changes. So all we know is that our bank and OCD is getting nerfed into the ground but you’re not telling us how you’re changing the HWS to make things better or make these changes worth it. All that we’ve seen so far is that, we’re going to have to grind a LOT more (both RP and credits) to get these new bank limits all while having less total storage and we have no idea as to the changes of the playfields or mechanics or even have any hint or clue as to how it won’t be a massive grindfest to get the new EB/OCD levels. Not trying to sound mean but one of the reasons I stopped playing Warframe is because it is exactly this kind of minimal reward grindfest. All you do is, log on, grind, grind, grind, get frustrated you haven’t gotten it yet, log off, sleep, log on, grind, grind, grind, finally get the thing you want, realize it wasn’t worth the excessive amount of grinding, log off, stop playing for a few days, come back, grind, grind, grind. Rinse and repeat till you realize that the game is just not worth playing AT ALL.

That’s entirely incorrect if you are going large scale enough.

This by the way is on-top of the price increase that we’ve already received - garage ships are well over 10m, which is alot of investment for fighters that commonly only last one battle before losing a gun or two.

The only way i find this a realistic option is if everything else got improved too. You shouldn’t lower income but keep prices the same.

For people getting OCD lvl 7 with interest i had the same plan. But ask yourself is it a good gameplay mechanic to just click on website to get hundreds of millions for not doing anything?

I can honestly only see this even remotely realistic if the levels are permanent and considered as ultimate challenge just like OCD 7. Even then one would never break even if we’re realistic about anyone’s active playtime (years needed). It would still be worth it as ultimate challenge, the final goal

1 Like

That sounds really interesting! The skill tree could also be used for such a thing! (Queue my shameless promotion of my own idea! :slight_smile: ) Skill-Tree suggestion for 9.0 [I may need to modify the title [9.0 to 10.0] hehehe]… But I like the sound of getting one upgrade reducing the cost of another, like a bank respecting a big investor more than a little one! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise.

2 Likes

TO be fair @VCross, he is not nerfing OCD… he is normalizing the OCD amounts that some older veteran players have, ie OCD slots with700k ores each. And he is giving warning ahead of time, so the players can take them out and do something with them, like make T2Generators and whatnot. Or be lazy and get some creds and RP.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t need garage ships to pvp. If you do they need some serious rework.

Yeah because forcing lagshots with a ship that has 10 pulse lasers can be done without a garage ship.

Yeah it was a GREAT change that has long been overdue, whether or not we all like this change is irrelevant, the OCD normalisation was very important, and although it’ll personally ‘hurt’ lots of old gmc members we are all very happy with the change as it is long overdue and helps balance the books for newer players. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Then giving us your vision of HWS 9 in little spoilers is not the way to do it. We need to see the whole vision in order to appreciate what you intend doing. You cannot say ‘you don’t know what is coming’ without telling us what it is. That is counter-productive.
I play a huge amount - about 7000 hours so far - so I find it insulting that I am told that income comes by playing

1 Like