HWS 9 Teaser I | Big rework of Elemental Bank | Supergates

I just mention OCD because some people were unhappy with the changes and feel that the “rewards” for what they had over the new limits in their OCD were more of a pity-payout than acutally worth what they had in their OCD

Resource wise - one fighter costs about 100k, currently. That will chew through 500k per day. That’s only 5 fighters not including ammo fuel or anything else

I don’t know who you are but your gameplay is entirely different from mine. PVP on NA is alot more intense then what your proposing.

1 Like

From trader you can get ingots between 2-3 credits ±. That’s way over 100k ingots every day! It is way more than you can use every day.

I think the mainstream feedback repeats itself from now on.

Releasing bits of information is always tricky. Especially if the coming Gameplay will affect calculations, feelings and such.
But it’s a bad situation because A) I am not allowed to tell more yet and B) the information must be shared in a given order.
I mean I could go ahead and stop with all these teaser which consume easy 3 hours each time and just say “surprise”.

But if I say don’t calculate with interest and give smart feedback about the “bigger picture” I still get comparisons about the current 5m interest break-even stuff.

I recommend to let it sink guys, don’t focus on the interest part, think about possible scenarios in HWS 9 where you get not only a lot of Alien Container Traders but also much more Commodity Traders. Think about given roles you take part in. Fighter, Trader, Pirate, etc.

But I will also go and finish my own calculations based on 1000+ players. See if some prices can be tuned in a better way.

Of course this is just a game and of course it should not be grindy as hell and give also casual gamers a nice home. I fully agree.
My vision is just thinking ahead of a possible MMO or RPG, where you just can’t “have everything” and should choose your gameplay per season differently :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback so far.
Don’t worry too much as I said. Nothing is set to stone yet!

3 Likes

Thanks for being understanding RexXxus… As I’m sure you well know… any time you change the game people are always unhappy, especially the ones affected most. Like I said… my initial impressions are that I’m not enthused about the EB change. But they are just that, initial. I’m willing to see how the rest of the changes stack up.

3 Likes

Honestly, the investment issue wouldn’t be an issue if we knew how easy/hard it would be to get RP/Credits/Resources next season. I know you said you can’t divulge too much but the problem is right now all we have to compare it to is what is in the current playfields and as it sits right now, it’d take the entire season grinding and then some to get all the requirements to make these investments. And the second issue is the carry over. So say, for example, it does take all season grinding to get to EB10, if I don’t buy the carry over I gotta do the same thing all over again in season 10 and I can’t guarantee that I’ll have real life cash to spend to get the carry over. So, say for example, I’m unable to get the carry over and I spend most of season 9 grinding to get EB10 and then it gets reset on the season wipe I can guarantee I won’t be back for season 10.

As I said before we can only comment on what we know. If stuff is held back the feedback will be on what we know only - not what we don’t know. Being told that we done know it all is not productive. It only makes people angry that we are being treated in a less than mature manner.
I personally am not prepared to be tied into an MMO system , so I am seriously considering leaving this server and will urge others to do so as well

3 Likes

Exactly this! Thank you.

It’s called NDA guys and I won’t share anything from Alpha 9, if the time is not right :smiley:

You rather have to “trust” me on my words.

There were few guys for example who achieved OCD level 7 with just joining HWS 8.X and pushing Commodity Trading as hell.
Something what I teasered after HWS 8.0, you remember?

I will think about these teasers to not cause “angry people”… I think I should be the only angry guy here :wink:

Threatening to leave the server is not going to solve anything.

1 Like

Meh. I never understood this idea that saying “I’m going to leave!” is in any way an incentive to any server admin anywhere. When I was admin (on other games), and I heard that, my response was always “Don’t let the door hit you in the ass as you leave”.

Laying out our concerns, speaking our opinion, being civil, these are ways to change RexXxus’ mind. Maybe even trying out the changes, and seeing if they work. And if they don’t, maybe they change back. Ranting, threatening to leave, etc… they don’t work. Really. BTW this is not directed at any one person. I haven’t seen any frothing-at-the-mouth ranting yet, but some of you guys are pretty strident.

And trust me, I had plans for all my EB5 interest, so the changes will hit me squarely.

2 Likes

Uhm, yes, fasgort, who made it his sole mission to upset the current balance of the server by abusing every single known mechanic in HWS. He’s managed to upset the meta of the server quite a few times now…

But really, he gained nothing from his exercise in pointless endeavors, other then showcasing that over a 4 month period it is indeed possible to achieve the top end upgrade for OCD using current meta and doing literally nothing else.

I’d say that’s balanced rexxxus. The dude has what, maybe 50 million left of that 700m he spent on 10k more items per slot?

2 Likes

If i may put my 2 cents here… As a Pure solo player… the grinding i did alone this wipe to get ocd 6 recycle 5 and eb5… lets just say it was many many hours and im only barely at 400 rp. i feel as though i am now forced to join a group here i can earn all of this RP and cash faster. Just my opinion but i think this will only hinder me further as the ebank wipes aswell. say i pure grind a quarter or half of next season just to get RP, use it for the ebank and have none for next?

1 Like

I for one am not pleased. I just bought the 100mil carry over and now it sounds like I threw away my money. Is there any plans to reimburse people if they ask for it? I’m also getting thr feeling we are being “forced” into a more pve playstyle aka commodity trading type of game?

Does that help answer your question?

All things are subject to change - watch this space (I’ll be surprised if I’m wrong)

My initial take on it is that I will not be using the bank anymore. I can just do without it. It is a quality of life feature and not necessary to the way I play.

If it is meant to cater to traders only then sure. I can see the changes and the scaling for the taxes. Those make sense for people that use those features a lot. But for the casual player with a full time job I would not be getting anywhere near the value that the levels cost. Even full-time traders will be hard pressed to find people willing to bite the taxes and trade with them using HWS connect anymore. That’s speculation, of course, but who is getting 500mil worth of value from that using all of the incentives?

My Shortened First-Look Opinion
i’ll pass on the bank entirely. It will not be worth my time or effort to get it higher because the benefits do not outweigh the time saved. It would be more profitable to mine and then spend more time to drop trade people (i prefer personal transactions anyway) than to spend 500mil and save 2% on transactions.

This is just at a glance. I’ll delve into more implications later but in my honest opinion this needs to be reworked again. If the intent is to increase people playing, not the way to do it. This alienates a part of the game that people enjoy using into something not worth the immense grind.

3 Likes

Commodity trading if pushed will make you rich as fuck. All scared by not having anymore passive income.
I have seen a lot of people making ocd 7 this season. And was not with eb:interest or mining gold.

1 Like

So if traders get to focus on the bank and get rewarded with money by using money what other play options are there? Pvp gets rewarded by doing pvp?What are those benefits? I cant see there being anything else other then selling or fighting, we need a few more options to do in game, more places to choose to spend our money for a certain play style. With this change it just seems like everyone is forced to trade and ignore pvp.

1 Like

Commodity trading is reliant on people having a lot of time to spend in game. Sitting at a trader waiting for it to restock because someone came through in the past <60 minutes is not how I’d like to play the game.

1 Like