HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

Ok, I apparently missed the reply about gold being moved back to OCD 6… If that’s the case, the rest can be palatable… but it does still feel like punishment for no good reason. I would still propose that 6 is enough of a jump to be the mark for item storage, and the uber high cost levels should be about PVP usage, as the people who need to worry about cooldown there tend to have the resources to get it.

you must consider that when Rex makes adjustments, he finds a way to balance changes made.

initially with the proposal to remove gold ingots from ocd6, it was a bit of a shock. I agree that removing the functionality of storing gold in ocd 6 did feel a like a set back, and im glad Rex reconsidered his position.
Once I settled down, I realized that there is an enormity of considerations to any major change he must weigh.
I haven’t dug into the alpha 9 experimental notes yet, but I’m sure the changes have an impact on how Rex is trying to shape the next season.
thinking about how much effort goes into the details of the server configuration, you have to admit that there isn’t a harder job than determining how to balance the economy of resources, credits and items.

also keep in mind that our season of 90 days is a greater length of time than Rex has to make adjustments, as he has other obligations he gives his time to, like hosting events, fixing server issues, updating the website, answering help tickets, and solving disputes.
(oh and Eleon making announcements of changes (or rollbacks as we saw at the end of 7) can also
impede on Rex’s balancing act)
all that on top of trying to analyze the current meta in game play, for noobs, vets and everyone in between.
Then building planets, POI, setting limits, setting Zones, warp gates, warp connections, portals entrances and exits are manually set (just pause and think on that little detail for a moment)… oh and don’t forget setting up loot… Garage ships, and submissions, custom POI submissions.

and to put a cherry on top of it all, he actually takes the time to come to the community for input on changes.

both Rex and Jascha are quite literally on another level.

3 Likes

how many people will have an OCD in both NA and EU? i think your personal opinion is blinding you to reality.
alot of people play for fun and have life outside of the game. not saying this to insult you more to enlighten you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing stops you from having two OCDs, just lazyness.

well i tend to be lazy in a game, i play for fun, not for work

1 Like

not really lazyness, more like playing fair if everyone had 2 ODC’s then what is the point of Rex making the game more balenced and fair if your going to loophole it?
@RexXxuS i personally dont know if this is done by the masses but i feel it goes against what you are trying to do with the rebalancing of the OCD’s.

1 Like

Having 2 OCD’s doesn’t upset the balance and it’s always been encouraged actually. It’s all a part of exploring on both servers.

1 Like

I don’t think your allegations of rexxxus hording API documentation/support is fair. It’s certainly not fair to say that rexxxus is solely responsible for disclosing the documentation. That is Eleon’s job, not his.

Yes, like any player, rexxxus suggested to Eleon that an API would be useful, but ultimately, he has as much sway with the developers as any server owner would.

The difference here is he bothered to reach out and ask.

I honestly don’t know why this topic has come up, and the need to point out that you are a credited game programmer is concerning to say the least.

HWS is ultimately a community, and as a member of that community, you need to work with the rest of us to find common ground. And if required, weather the storm with the rest of us if things go badly.

HWS has it’s ups and downs, and to say that during a down-turn, you’d rather go and make your own sever instead of growing with the rest of us is even more concerning.

If you can’t extend that olive branch, why should rexxxus?

I think you’re either missing a lot of nuance, or replying to a single post that has since been edited for clarity.

For Paxxo ;)

Posting more vitriolic BS are we Paxxo? Oh dear! Once ignorant and rude, always ignorant and rude it seems…

Those two years sure do feel quick though! Almost like…a couple of months!?! :astonished: If you think 2 months=2 years Paxxo then it’s time to return to school! :wink: Hey, i’ve returned to study and it’s GREAT! I’m learning, (not playing as much, but that’s a good thing as it means i’ve got more of a real life.), hell i’ve even met some wonderful people outside in the real world! Don’t take this game so seriously my man, get out there and enjoy yourself! Merry Christmas!

Too many people on here proclaiming that Their way to play is the ONLY way to play This, correctly, is Nonsense.

One of the great things of HWS is the ability to play it how you see fit and regarding how much time you have to play.

Best regards :wink:
Wise.

@RexXxuS new proposal

Level 6 KEEP GOLD (You have already done this, hoooray! :slight_smile: Now for the others.)

Store: 60 000 items in one slot
Slots: 130 slot
Upgrade Cost: 70m credits & 600 RP

Level 7 KEEP CORES

Store: 70 000 items in one slot
Slots: 170 slot
Upgrade Cost: 700m credits & 1250 RP

Level 8 **REDUCED COOLDOWN/STORE STATUES (So that we can have some sort of prospecting/gambling where folks store statues across seasons in case they increase/decrease in price, it could be quite an interesting way of playing. **

Store: 80 000 items in one slot
Slots: 200 slot
Upgrade Cost: 800m credits & 2500 RP
Benefits:

Level 9

Store: 90 000 items in one slot
Slots: 250 slot
Upgrade Cost: 900m credits & 5000 RP
Benefits: Store Epic Weapons

Level 10

Store: 100 000 items in one slot
Slots: 300 slot
Upgrade Cost: 1B credits & 10000 RP
Benefits: No cooldowns in PvP anymore

I’m especially a fan of this prospecting idea of mine, it sort of creates almost an EGS stock exchange, with OCD owners of a high level holding onto high volumes of stock that may increase/decrease in value across the seasons. Similar to No Mans Sky economies which differ in terms of prosperity. For some seasons statues could be VERY lucrative, others, not so much. Having this kind of changeable shift can be very fun.

7 or 8 levels could be swapped around to be honest, i wouldn’t mind. I have 1.3k of cores but as long as they don’t get suddenly deleted in 9.0 i’m happy, errm but i’ll have to wait and see what others think. Though the idea of a stock exchange sounds exciting for me, hopefully for others too!

I’ll try and come up with some ideas for 9 and ten, i don’t know about epics as i don’t really have many/any in anyways so i don’t feel compelled to mess with them (anyone else rlly not a fan of lvl 9 and epics? If so tell me and i’ll see if we can reach a compromise.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

What does “Keep Cores” mean?

And I thought about it for 1 week… if we go that road to store Commodity items and overall: nope.
I don’t want to get in another level of problems by opening doors now, ruining the change of gameplay later, cause some have thousands of commodity items stored in their OCD already.
Especially since Commodity items are always highly subject to change (price / quantity) (like the Bomb for example)

Thanks though!

To be honest, there is a quite new gameplay change to OCD coming I did not announce yet.
Maybe today there comes the BIG last teaser… but overall, to be honest, I’m totally doomed, because time is running out.

2 Likes

Ahh sorry i meant autominer cores.

When you say this bit, I think we mean the same thing, the prices change per season? All i mean is making it more exclusive to store for the future, but i understand if that’s difficult, especially as I haven’t used the system so i’m arguing at the expense of somethig i haven’t used for something I do, which is never a good position to be in as it means i’m ‘invested’ in the argument aha, i bow to your wisdom here :slight_smile:

I must admit even though i haven’t used the trader system myself it’s been a complete success, credit where credit is due! Individuals such as Fasgort have done especially well by it :wink:

I’ll wait for this before I post more!

Best regards and merry Christmas,
Wise.

1 Like

Weee… New teaser :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Will it explain how ocd will work with the new volume system? Hehe… maybe straight to the ship :star_struck:

We can always add PVE cooldown based on ocd levels :smiling_imp:

• Level 1, 1hr put/get PVE
  • Level 2, 50min put/get PVE
  • Level 3, 40min put/get PVE
  • Level 4, 30min put/get PVE
  • Level 5, 20min put/get PVE
  • Level 6, 10min put/get PVE
  • Level 7, unlimited PVE
  • Level 8, unlimited PVE
  • Level 9, unlimited PVE
  • Level 10, unlimited PVE

We get some consistency with pvp cooldowns and we will see how much people will stick to 6 :smiley:

‘Let’s unleash hell!’

Not sure where your thoughts are regarding unlimited PVE from 7-10. Why would you need that?
If you mean those thoughts to be for PVP, it could be considered or mapped out, but that could easily be an abusive use of a storage system having access anywhere in the galaxies.

No offense, but PVE has it pretty easy now. The aforementioned is absurd.

I think maybe have another pass at what he actually said. He is saying that PVE should be limited in frequency of pulls, where it is not currently. You are both saying the same thing, but somehow disagreeing.

PVE should not have pull timers, should be unlimited pull/get, That’s just a needless grind for no reason, not to mention a massive NERF to everyone’s OCD level if that happens.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

So with all these changes are you going to up how much we can carry over to next season or keep it at 100m? Or has this already been asked?

I’m sorry, I’m going to disagree with you, I do not see any reason to cooldows in pve, only if the continuous use causes some problem in the server or some delay, otherwise I see no reason to exist cooldows.
This is different from the modality I quoted some posts above, which has a countdown of 15 days back to lock based on the date the player enters the server in the new session and opens 15 days before the end of the season.

1 Like