HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

@RexXxuS I’m still a big believer in at least moving AM cores down one level, give OCD7 something ‘special’ to store like AM cores. However I will admit i have a lot of AM cores in my OCD, but most importantly i think it’s about giving OCD 7 something unique to have! :slight_smile:

Oh for GOD’S sake will you EVER learn that you can post something without being so damned toxic? ‘PVP’ players? There’s a time and a place for this kind of crap. You dammed well know that we are PVP players. not ‘PVP’ players, moreover all this self-congratulary boasting should be beneath you “oh look at us we’re so hard, our base lasted all the time as all you 'pvp’ers are lazy!” C’mon Paxxo, be CONSTRUCTIVE and not DESTRUCTIVE in your posts. You don’t have to be so full of yourself all of the time. A bit of humility goes a LONG way. In all that RUBBISH you added nothing to the debate and merely bigged up your own ego-what a waste of words and a waste of reading time that I won’t get back.

That’s it, SCREW us lot with jobs and studies and uni-degrees! We don’t matter anymore! @SwissSteel1 Made a perfectly valid point. In World of Warships (A Russian game and it is awesome so I recommend it to all of HWS) if you have a Tier 5 ship and it gets changed to Tier 9, then you automatically get the Tier 9. That’s what he means by ‘grandfathered’. And it’s a decent strategy as that way you don’t get left behind when a feature you’re working on gets buffed or nerfed. I myself am fine at 7 and dont want to be grandfathered up but there should at least be a ‘grandfather’ option for those such as Swiss, when it comes to items, so someone such as Swiss doesn’t lose that ability. Moreover, how does

'PVP'

Best regards, and please Paxxo don’t bother posting if it’s going to be nonsense, moreover not everyone likes, enjoys, or is capable of doing POIS. Think about someone other than yourself for a change.
Wise.

As a player that has been part of HWS since the start it is getting less and less rewarding for pvp with commands like cb:recycle, cb:destroy and cb:gohome and even denied RP for killing players that bind console commands like destroyme. I watch pve rake in multiple 1000rp and credits and get the best loot, while i keep losing rp for killing players, dying or going into the red zone on GG. As a old timer to HWS i can’t even keep track of all the changes and innuendo of every season.

I am most likely a minority and just giving you some feedback.

5 Likes

yes, pvp should be rewarded with RP in a way that counters pve lifers

I don’t agree with 100% of what you posted but i think you raise some really important and interesting points, very interesting indeed!

Maybe we can make it so that commands cost money/rp. or have a delay or movement timer where they have to stay put for say 30 seconds before it applies, to make it fairer.

Hi Paxxo as a player that has never visited a trader i want to give you some insight on this.

I see only objections by people that barely plays and dont even know how the commodity traders works.

That’s me the whole concept sounds boring to me and i play quite a bit.

The “PVP” players could destroy our bases near commodity and put their to control the trader. And what they did? Absolutely nothing. And they had stored in their ocd tons of materials to put one thousand of bases around it. If you play you can get to better ocd levels, if not stick to the level you already have.

Wasting many hours looking for traders sounds awful. Puting a base down to defend the trader also sounds awful. From what you are telling us it looks like all pvper think like me because it was never contested. You see moving something from point A to B sounds awful.

4 Likes

You take that back sir!

1 Like

its exactly the same as fighting for gold on GG, PvP traders promote engagements on other playfields.

1 Like

Depends on limit and performance, performance has been so poor this season that i’ve avoided fighting on heavily cluttered playfields, even GG became insane towards the end, hence why most of the folks i know migrated to NA as the lower numbers overall gave performance a boost.

I don’t hold the performance against Rex but against Eleon for making this game more CPU hungry with each iteration, it’s just insane. I’m using a decent CPU and 16gig RAM but the memory leaks are like nothing i’ve ever seen in a game.

But on the whole I agree with that sentiment, pvp traders provide another potential hotspot.

The problem this season was that pvp sellers were on pve environment. If pvp was tied to pvp was another different story. You can make billions but have the fear of dieing whilist buying or selling goods is something that can make the difference.
You cannot clear a trader in seconds. You need time and in this time you are out of your ship and you can be killed by other players. Probably you are missing this.

You are wrong as stated by Paxxo our resident master trader.

BTW the sky is yellow today… because i said so

You see this might be interesting but for me i need info about it. Just like the EPIC armor and epic mining gun. Many of acp members purchased it from the exchange because no one wanted to scour a planet to find something. But hey it’s simply different play styles not jugging.

Rexxxus showed the planets where the traders were.
Honestly was fun to discovering those and taking advantage of your discover before others.
Maybe could stop the NDA after 3 weeks/1 month after the season is started and officially declaring where are them so all the players could benefit of those and starting real trading wars.

I still remember I encountered you the darn first day in Atlantis POI, taking mah epic armors.

Only saw you, other RED guys and some GCG mates. No one else.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay:

I like the idea of more OCD levels but gold bars need to be saved through numerous seasons for people who play as a one person faction. Im at OCD 6 and have been hoarding gold bars for 1 1/2 seasons to get to 7 which maybe I have just over 100 million in gold now. so it will take a few more seasons. thats ok so long as I can somehow keep the gold because banks reset and that jump from 70 mil to 700 mil is a big one. Thank you Rex for allowing gold in ocd 6. I didnt mine this season so maybe if i did i would have ocd 7 but sometimes u just want to fly around and explore and not mine gold all the time. So for players that are casual or just run around not making too much coin it would be nice that they can hoard their gold bars over the seasons. I know lower levels can save credits or coins but they fill up too fast for the value you have.

Store gold ore or gold coins instead.

Not everyone is you fasgort, and both @Bloomsfield and @Fasgort Rex has already bought gold ingots back to OCD6 as far as i can tell :slight_smile:

So you’re replying to a null point there Fasgort. Moreover CSW causes a great many issues for some players, no matter how well polished it has become, this can be due to connectivity or due to the CPU/GPU/RAM jumps that happen when people CSW, i’ve crashed multiple times due to a sudden and massive memory leak when swapping which can be quite offputting.

Best regards,
Wise.

I’m pretty sure RexXxus hasn’t given up with the original idea, else, the EB is pointless and a failure.

All you are doing client-wise is to connect to another server. Loading into an empty playfield. You don’t even need to move from the CSW playfield to use the OCD and jump back. If connecting to a server give you such problems, your computer or the game itself have very ugly issues.

I think you (Missed not Pissed, whoops!) missed my point, Rex has already lowered gold ingot requirement to OCD6, doesn’t make EB irrelevant whatsoever, it allows people to develop in their own time, and most importantly long-timers such as Swiss and Aeonbug and others won’t be as heavily alienated by the change. It’s very important we take our older and long-serving members with us in the future and not burn bridges with them. When they are so seriously concerned then we should always listen to them :slight_smile: they have the most valuable thing of all; experience.

Deflecting the blame onto us is quite low, it isn’t our fault that either this game or our computers or the server, and for many folks in the world ‘getting a new pc’ simply isn’t realistic. I amongst many of my peers are quite poor relative to others in real life. I have to prioritise my spending. Just the other day I spent some of my savings on a £250 boiler repair. I respect the amount of energy and time you pour into the game, I used to do the same. But i’ve seen a great many players such as yourself; confident, self-assured and quick learners. But they quickly burn out. Be careful and try and pace yourself, as it’s easy to burn out of Empyrion once the novelty wears off, :slight_smile: I know that from experience! :slight_smile:

Best regards my man!
Wise.

I don’t mean that. I mean he will probably push a third set of changes to try to stop the OCD being the credit-bank. EB is pointless right now with the actual proposed changes. The passive income has been nerfed (since EB is not supposed to be a main income source, it’s supposed to be a darn bank).

Right now, everyone in their right mind would completely ignore the EB in HWS 9, and just store gold in the OCD. That’s the problem.

All I’m seeing is veterans using this as a way to threat RexXxus to not make changes, maintaining the status-quo (pointless economy, un-ending resources and 0 reasons to do any of the new features RexXxus has been implementing in the last HWS seasons).

Read what I wrote again. If you guys have problems connecting to another server (that’s what CSW does), the game is bug, or the computer not powerful enough. I don’t see I’m blaming anyone saying this. This is just a fact.

I see nothing wrong with players having a choice, that’s what HWS has always been about, at least from when i’ve been about since 4.0. It’s great having multiple options, the bank will be used don’t worry haha, and the passive income is useful for those of us with heavy jobs or studies that keep us very busy, it allows us some sense of parity with more active players such as yourself :slight_smile:

Please don’t go on a hate-train against the veterans. Too many new/new-ish players come on and accuse us of trying to maintain the status quo, it goes from angering me to simply depressing me these days.

Veterans have the most valuable thing: EXPERIENCE, and through that context. We have seen many different economies, and many different features which have succeeded and failed, and as a result of our experience we provide feedback to Rex to help ensure that the features are in everybodies interests :slight_smile: I have a whole list of improvements for 9/10,0 but i’ll save that post for a separate thread when i get the chance.

You’re missing my point, again. I’ll just say this to make it clear: Only the top 0.5/1% will have OCD or EB on both servers. Rexxus certainly shouldn’t make changes based on looking at this very narrow group of players. Instead he should look at the broader community, and so far he has I think as he has shown by reverting some of the more extreme changes.

I for one am in the unique position of seeing a great many different economies, this one has been very interesting, i’m loving the new trader mechanic, yet i believe more should be PVP based in stargate only systems to make it more interesting :slight_smile: I think that like @TheRaven said PVP should really provide faster rare resource-gain/gold than PVE and i believe that’s something which has become a little bit twisted this season, we should ensure that for 9.0 PVP returns to being the primary source of resources and gold.

For context ALL of the ole’ gold used to be in PVP only systems, this season has been VERY generous for PVErs, which is good, as it fosters a big PVE community, but now it’s time to tread the water and encourage more PVP through strategic placement of traders.

Edit: I believe there should be some very LIMITED sources of gold/rare resources in PVE, not to an excessive extent, otherwise it discourages PVP hotspots.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like