HWS Economy Update and Feedback

[quote=“Dr.Dark, post:80, topic:19842”]
You aren’t forced to go to PvP on HWS. It’s simply an oppotunity to earn a bit more, because of the risk.[/quote]

If you have an adventage to get faster rich with playing PVP, you are forced to do it.

My car changes in the future, by myself or with time, but not by the seller who thinks he needs to nerf my car after he sold it.

1 Like

There’s a lot more risk in PvP. You can risk finding players who might kill you. That won’t happen in PvE, and a POI in PvE doesn’t follow you if you run. And for Risk vs Reward to be balanced, PvP gives some more loot.

Your car isn’t in empyrion, and when you buy a car you don’t accept that it might change in the future. On HWS when you buy stuff i’m almost certain you have to accept they might change in the future(Terms and Agreements).

I’m 99% sure when you buy stuff you accept that what you buy might change in the future.

To some degree of course. In trader introduction its described “Depending on the game updates or economy, the prices may change” but not to changing them into something completely different.

1 Like

Hey guys,
I really like this discussion as well. Good ideas and I’m thankful that @h1myname1sdav1d helps me now with the “monster”: Economy.

Quick input from me:

1. I made a post about inflation but as said already: my biggest concern are good players who left HWS, because they reached everything already. More money sink features will come very soon at least :slight_smile:

2. If real money was spent I am always careful to respect those conditions for future balancements. But it is not always possible to make everyone happy, hence we have the Disclaimer:

3. I’m especially excited for the Economy Events, which is in my head for long time as well.
    On a start of a season we could make a big “Economy Report”, where its announced that Aliens sabotaged certain resources. So in one season Iron has a special role, in the next one Erestrum and so on. This might also help with a recent topic here:
    How to Add Longevity to HWS?

Overall we are forced on few external conditions. The Patreon Goals for example. HWS Connect Features are kind of Patreon Goal driven.
And some changes can only be applied with a full wipe. So we collect feedback now to implement it for the next season HWS 10.X or HWS 11.

5 Likes

I didnt see you suggest “keep the npc mechanics as it is but raise the package prising atleast to double” so i didnt vote on the npc things and i wont vote untill theres that option.

As mentioned, Dynamic Pricing will take over setting the prices. In many cases, prices of the most expensive items will go up. For inexpensive items like most ammo, the prices will go down. But it has nothing to do with how people feel about it, pricing will be based on market rates in the game.

[quote=“Dr.Dark, post:84, topic:19842”]
There’s a lot more risk in PvP. You can risk finding players who might kill you. [/quote]

So what? That is your choise if you want to play PVP (because you are bored with PVE, or you just dont like PVE etc.). If I do need to play PVP (why ever) i am forced to do that. And, that is not a choise then.

Are you sure that’s the reason they left? I think most people leave either because they get bored or because they are frustrated with something. I’m personally playing mostly passively now because I simply got tired with the grind on the one hand and on the other pvp is really broken now, mostly due to playfield crashes which occur on every major battle now, but also due to how long it takes to kill enemy.

Idea is good, but in practice it might be hard because it’s hard to balance between them being too insignificant and having another carbon-like event.

1 Like

But it is not always possible to make everyone happy, hence we have the Disclaimer:

One can write disclamiers as much as one wants, they are not necessarily valid under applicable law. And sure one could not make everyone happy, but at the end of the day one just need to deliver what has been paid for. Or one need a very good reason why this is no longer possible and maybe give them possibillity of refund.

If real money was spent I am always careful to respect those conditions for future balancements.

So this is indeed the way to go and i’m sure HWS will find it. :+1:

1 Like

The disclaimer that applies to things “purchased” in the support page is very valid under the applicable laws. They reserve the right to change the support packages at any time.

1 Like

In respect to NPC traders, some see them as beneficial, but some seem them as part of the problem. Personally, I cannot understand WHY items are spawned out of nothing to be sold. If a player wants to sell something on a NPC trader, that person should be making the products to sell.
The player should be acquiring all the mats to make rations or T2 gens, then placing them on his/her NPC trader. As things work currently, you are shoving a huge amount more materials into the game than you are taking out. Something out of nothing still = more than you had to begin with. There is nothing wrong with pushing a production-chain mentality on the players, if they really want to earn $$ by making items. Right now, its basically free money in-game, for spending RL money out of it. Doesn’t really sit will with some people and adds to the whole argument of PTW, no matter what side you take.

You get free money from NPC traders right now by BUYING one with real money, that sells items that were just manufactured out of thin air…but that is another tangent for another day.

My opinion- make NPC traders sell items that must be made by players. That creates an economy for base materials, either ores, ingots, or basic building pieces…IE electronics, sheet metal, etc. THAT is an economy.

1 Like

Have you really checked the ammo prising lets say on egs ammo store? So your going to put ammo prises under the gap that theres no way people will be able to craft them cheaper by them self? Now thats going to kill the market.

Yes you talked about dynamic pricing but not a single sentence about it in player owned npc trading. Those prises are dirt cheap exept the prices that got nerfed like ammo. As i said the npc mechanics are good, the prises are way too low.

And still not going to vote couse there are no viable options, read the options you put out and then tell me where it says they will be dynamically prised?

It’s gonna be a bit OT, but I really doubt it. One can’t make a contract and give itself the right to chance conditions at will. This is called unfair disadvantage for customers and is for example disallowed by german civil right (e.g. BGB §307) no matter what one writes in disclaimers.

The ammo store prices now reflect the actual cost of the ores going into them. In fact, some items went up. Why do you think they are too low?

You trolling?

1 Like

Just please don’t make mid-season changes to very late HWS feature prices like OCD 7+
It can take seasons of planning & massive RP farming to achieve.
If you change this mid-season & ruin the work of whole season for someone, that’s too much.

1 Like

Dont touch npc traders… so in otherwords, keep the prises same.

How bout hws offers everything cheaper than players can make that will make market flourish.

can you please explain to me where there is option to choose, and yes i know there are option to choose “dont touch npc traders” but thats not what im after. As i said before, your lacking option: keep the mechanics but raise the prises.

What would be the advantage of a NPC Trader? If i had to “produce” the items which i want to sell, it would be the same as wares i could sell on the HWS Marketplace - except i cant control the price, like on the marketplace and i would only get half of the money. You are trying to downgrade the NPC Traders to “Spend Money to get less”.

I don’t think the NPC trader should be removed. I believe selling thousands of large thrusters, t3 shields, warp drives, generators, and artillery turrets, and pentaxid in such large numbers and at such a low a price is unrealistic, and over inflates the market with unrealistically made components.

And as @Ranzeth has mentioned before “time is money”. This excessive amount of ready built components is unrealistic. I think what may help is if there is a limited amount of these items on NPC Trader that can be sold daily. If the AI NPC Trader is supposedly building these items its more realistic that they can build only a certain amount each day; not an unlimited supply… It should be like players. We can only build a certain amount of these items each day and not an unlimited amount.

Also about the NPC Trader from my previews post:

1 Like