HWS Future | Plans | Discussion | Community | Survey | Poll

When you dont allow priv structures on pve playfields you got a massiv boost for a pay to win playing. Because donator planets are then massiv stronger… i would hate it

Well … I guess I don’t need to mention that I talked about your OCD madness in combination about the bigger picture.

You try to pick some stars from the sky here…

If you checked the survey I asked about the Origins and their roles. I already see a reflection that each of them needs more unique ways.
You described it quite well how the story is aligned between them. This can be good or bad now.
Anyways we improving them non-stop and see the concerns of course.

But if you want to talk about bigger picture here:
Sure I have some and even if I paint you a nice picture it is still full of interpretations. That is how art works. What is nice and 1 billion money worth for one guy can be a peace of crap and 1 dollar worth for another one.

With the killing / RP mechanism we made a huge milestone.
With the PDA missions we made a huge milestone.
It is now about fine tuning it, creating real missions like someone mentioned - Trader ships cargo, guardian defending, pirates create ambushes, etc.
As some people know: I total loved Freelancer and it’s still unreached in my opinion. HWS is and will inspired by it.

About Origins

I understand that HWS server group wants to give the player maximum freedom and choice but it seems to me that for the good of new players should be introduced division into groups(origins) that will cooperate just because they can not kill each other.
So in other words it will be PVE for them inside their origins.
I suggest to limit Origins to 3 main groups : Pirates, Guardians and Freelancers
To many groups in my opinion creates mess . I think Traders and Hunters are already Freelancers.
This way we have PVE inside PVP so no need for special PVE planets for all players like JU.
Like in previous seasons we should have 1 PVE planet for each origin that will be Homeworld for them, yes Homeworlds we need 3 Homeworlds in HWS game and new story.
Imagine we have 3 big groups like 3 Races, Corporations , Alliances ,Origins never mind how we call it . Each will have specific role to fulfill like fight for resources that will be located in central system called Nebula or something , kind black hole locations , and at the same time those origins will have to defend their homeworlds that will be home for new players trying to grow and gather some resources available at planets at those homeworlds (but not all needed resources)
So origin will have to organize in order to travel to central system to get more special resources like gold,zasc,eres,neo and will be forced to cooperate or will not survive .
This way we will make players feel that even they are not in faction they are part of something big
Their Origin.
Let say you new player on the server but by joining group of freelancers you can do trading or hunting.
Then one day you will join some big veteran freelancers fleet (faction) on the way to ECC without fear that they will betray you and destroy your ship thanks to server settings not allowing to do so.
So even someone new and alone will find other groups to fight or travel along.
Roles gameplay and teamwork will seams to be enforced but on other hand it may allow to have cool things introduced like sending distress call for help within origin or even from freelancers to guardians.

Big fights will be possible again not only between factions but origins.
Just like in those massive multiplayer games like EVE Online.

4 Likes

It’s wrong you can get a donator orbit that you DON’T have to CSW to get to but the people with planets still have to. Offline protection and end of base raiding. Combat logging is well too often, even without offline protection people combat log daily. It would be a constant complaint of “This guy logged off while I was raiding his base and I’m stuck in the blue wall it’s killing me”… Just how I feel about it. With how much frustration CSW has been on our faction as well as others and then you offer a donator orbit you don’t have to CSW to get to…makes me laugh. Maybe after you add this new form of donating the server won’t have to be so restricted on everything and we can upgrade it. Idk much about the server specs or anything like that but what I do know is all these PVP planets are restricted to the TEETH on how many bases hv’s/SV’s you can have. On top of making everything size class 3 you know… My thoughts on things so don’t hate me.

That’s BS took me all of 3hrs to update my CV. TCH have so many CV designs that some of them have not seen any combat yet.

TCH mean: Blue shoe box type 1 type 2 type 3 type 4 … type 99 and we use only 5 type of it in the combat so you will see another 94 soon.

Says the king of OFFLINE raiding

Blue Shoe box I think you mean TNT’s Papabear that has not seen action for days. I look around and I see a dozen different looking CV’s and that’s just a 10th of our fleet.

But now it is pointless CV combat is killed in 6.0. All battle finish when turrets goan. Nerfed homing artillery remove most of lagshoots but it is not save the gameplay.

P.S. but soon we have a homing flak ) then homing plasma then homing minigun. :joy:

1 Like

Don’t shoot all the turrets off then lol

There in lies the problem, why should someone (most players for the numbers) be a guardian? There is no personal gain from it. Guardians are supposed to be some form of Federation, young men and women fighting for an ideal that the civilization beat into their head (a civilizations propaganda regarding the perfection of their civilization). How this works out in reality is that the only one’s profiting are the pirates, as there is no long term cost to PVP gameplay, nothing that the players in this server wouldn’t mind suffering for the chance to ruin a trade player’s day.

As stated before, Hunter/Freelancer are the same thing.

Pirates have free reign to kill whom ever they want, and if you truly want to end this, you need to have a cost to being pirate, a very big cost, like never being able to return to civilization (see how pirates were always being hunted and hanged in reality). This means no PVE planets for Pirates, no ECC, no civil interaction with the player base, and any faction (hunter/freelancer/trader/guardian) which allies with the pirates, need to be punished with your repetition methods, such that the whole of the faction becomes reassigned as a pirate faction, an outlaw faction treated the same as a pirate. No home, no port of call, forced to live or die in the bleak blackness of space, on the edge of civilization, where only the foolish go to exploit someone or something.

Guardian did mean something couple of seasons ago. PKA cleared the space of pirates everywhere they went. PKA got bored as they was no challenges left. So a lot left the season early.

This season they is no PKA on EU so I guess No one has stepped which is a shame.

1 Like

Problem is, each change changes the meta. Massively. And each PVPer adjusts to it in different ways. There are few situations where one way is always the best way.

1 Like

What about only two factions, civilian and military? Both factions are forbidden to kill civilians then pirates are just the guilty guys and hunters are the ones killing them, you could change faction supplies, each completely different.

Sounds like Teminator

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT !!!

Players paid for planets that have been moved to a storage server that may or may not be up.
CSW still has NEVER been actually fixed regardless of how many times they tell us it is.

Now admins want to create a new Donor Space on the main servers. So the line we were told
that the donor planet move was for server performance was actually just bullshit.

Why would anybody buy any property on HWS Servers. Rex can simply decide to move it to the
storage server to make room for more donator properties.

This new donator space option is a slap in the face to every player who owns a Donator Planet
and has loyally supported this server.

2 Likes

Of course the server fanboi is here to troll this topic now that I’ve posted.

Op4 isn’t going nowhere food blister. We will be here smashing scrubs like you for as
long as there is a HWS.

Ive been in this thread Lil buddy. Oh and did you think

somehow made sense?
Guess it’s better than

Patience please. Tomorrow is a good day!

There is a difference between 18 playfields and 4 playfields. Not to mention that planets are way more performance hungry with all the area files etc.

Old but gold.

That is the reason I decided for democracy (poll) and not implementing it straight away. Nothing is decided yet.

Let’s settle things and see again. Still a long road till season II.