HWS Future | Plans | Discussion | Community | Survey | Poll

Allowing players to vote on something they have no stake is not a fair vote.

My complaint may be old but gold as you put it. But that makes it no less true.

I’ve said my peace you will implement what you want anyway. Its your right they are
your servers after all. At this point this topic would just be Mcpouty and I trading insults
until you close the thread so I will bow out of it now,

3 Likes

Options need to be offered if you purchased a planet either have a planet on the new server or space on the current one.

That does suck for planet owners

1 Like

Explain how your DONATION entitles you to more say than someone else? That statement is so obtuse, it’s difficult to imagine that you aren’t trolling. But, then again, Having seen your post history the last few months leads me to believe your minuscule intellect is the cause for such an absurd stance. No matter how much whining and pre-teen level ego-trips you barf onto the forums, your planet donation doesn’t entitle you to have a bigger say than anyone else. Whether or not the tiny portion of your brain that can barely handle simple logic can figure this out, how the admins decide to handle donation options affects literally everyone that plays - donator or not. I’m probably wasting time typing this though. You’ll turn your brain off for a while and spew some more “Look how important I am” crap on some other post in due time.

1 Like

So, lets pretend you are a PVE’er/trader. You get 13 AM’s and make 13 AM’s. So… 40K iron day? Explain to me how losing a ship that is as big as my biggest at 130K iron is a catastrophic loss? And seriously, what are you doing? I mean the PVE that hides all day long in PVE… you are filling up AM’s… Like Eli said… wow what fun… Do you even raid POI’s? or explore Golden Globe and get shot down in a Rhea like I did? Guess what ITS NOT THE END. Go back to Ju (you got a base you can respawn there). Then loot your AM’s and make a new ship… WOW… so hard…

1 Like

Can you limit the total count of structures on PvE playfields / player? At the moment a player can have 5 base-CV-SV-HV on 5 different PvE playfield. If you limit to have only one PvE base one of the 5 playfields would be reduce the numbers. People should choose one planet to live on. Same limit for capital vessels. I talk about only PvE limit. I would let more bases and ships on PvP areas.

Stargates generate more small vessels, bases and hovers and more cores. I would put every PvE planet into one sector, with one base one CV limitation. Some player can double this number with 1 player factions, but it is still less number than now.

Update:
If you can do this, motivate the players to move on. After you added the two stargate planet, players haven’t moved away to new planets. They build another structures on them. They need some motivation to spend a few hours to __destruct ( :slight_smile: ) their bases. At the moment they don’t want to start disassemble blocks.

1 Like

Concerning the overcrowded PVE playfields!

It if not the fault of the players who settled there first when latsr a bunch of noob settles in the same place. Why do you want to punish the innocent ?

Simply wipe the new players arriving last and building by ignoring the server messages. Out of the same reason tax is bad, because its not the fault of the old settlers when new settlers arrive and ignore server messages.

Concerning tax for PVP playfields,

I would have considered living there as an option, but not if i have to pay for something that i can also have in a single warp jump from PVE.
I understand that taxation is meant as anti-lag measurement, but it will not encourage people to live in PVP space.

Explain how someone who didn’t donate for a planet should have a say in how they
are handled by the server?

It’s funny you refer to me as a troll yet the majority of your post is a feeble attempt to
insult me. Let me guess this is another mcprouty alternate account.

I have zero confidence that any of that which is going to be implemented regardless of community feedback will actually work or make playing this server fluid or user friendly. In addition, some members of the “selfish” community seem to have the habit of shit posting, rather than have a reasonable conversation seemingly based on the observation that some people here harbor quite a bit of resentment.

There’s my take on this. You will get no real feedback from me. It won’t make any difference, you’ll just do what you want.

Perfect balance is impossible, try as you might, I advise not trying to be perfect, it is likely where most of the problems lie.

1 Like

If your reading comprehension was above the level of a common barnyard animal, you’d read that I don’t think you’re a troll. I just think you’re incredibly stupid.

1 Like

ok here is my 2 cents on this…
Im not a big fan of pvp and I enjoy hoarding or doing pois or the instances, thats really enough for me to play.
I absolutely hate the pvp players who try to get pve players to play pvp. we dont want to pvp, no rule or tax or whatever will make us want to go fulltime pvp. I joined the server and saw thats its pvpve, which means some pvp is involved but also pve, if Im forced now to pvp all the time I will just leave the server. there are people that aren’t interested in competing with 12-year-old or beeing bullied by a faction with 45 members, I can’t compete with that and I don’t want to. ATM thats perfectly fine since I can fallback to pve, but when you tax everything or remove the pve planets all together that option is gone…
you say we ruin your fun because we live in pve, but why do we need to lose our fun for yours??? I dont want to be ganked or killed 10 times where the only gain of the attacker is the fun of trolling me.

some people also seem to have lost the perspective of new players. I don’t have hundreds of autominer cores or thousands of combat steel blocks. As a solo player or in a small faction I can’t dish out as many ships as your 45 members factions or even 10 members. I don’t have hundreds of millions in cash on my eb account. new ways to spent money? Im not even close at having done the old ones and Im sure im not the only one.

@Mattcore37k
"Explain how someone who didn’t donate for a planet should have a say in how they
are handled by the server?"
thats easy. I don’t have a donator planet but if having your planets on the main server negatively affects my gameplay and that of many others I should have a say in that because I may have also donated and want to enjoy the game. although I think there are enough warnings and everything that its clear you arent buying any rights with donations apart from the ingame perks…

1 Like

It seems sensible to give current planet owners some kind of discount maybe even a swap for a donator orbit. If i’d donated 90 for a planet I would like the option. It would make sense.

1 Like

Why not get to choose between the two?

Ahh i had forgotten a statement for donator space. I am absolutely willing to donate and support the server IF the donation reward is not pointess.

The donator space should be easy to be reached when jumping, should AT LEAST allow 3 CV/Ba/Hv/SV, so i can use it as a space port for my fleet.

Very nice are the POI. POI in PVE is in any case something i need. Dont take me wrong, after 2 years of ARK PVP only i am a PVP player, but dont like to be ganked from behind when raiding POI.

When i do PVP, i do PVP, when i do PVE i want to do PVE only.

Thats also why i donated for the autominer. I dont like beeing ganked while farming Erestum/Zao. If i fly into PVP with my imperial star destroyer and some prirate/jedi/anyone is there who wants to die… very good !

But no ganking by kids and griefers.

Offline raiding isnt smashing scrubs its doing pve against npc player bases while they away :] Iv never met such a cowardly troll before xD I don’t really feel anyone takes you seriously anymore

2 Likes

Did anyone EVER take OP4 seriously?
They cry louder than they shoot.

As for the topic, my say about PvE planets - i think its a good idea to remove private stuff. As a compensation i’d see alowing 3 SVs instead of one on PvE planets a nice thing.
I also like that the new PvE planets are behind teleporters - the PvE planet don’t get clogged by unneeded CVs. I’d like to see some limitations as to how close you can park your CV to the teleporter however - right now its a lagfest with everyone parking right on top.
Maybe make sort of a cage around with many hangar door entrances so you can get close by SV, but you have to leave you CV at least 2 km out?

Also - maybe make the space around those planets available to build? Its already there anyway, and it might take some of the load off the planet if people prefer to make themselves a base-CV or and orbital base rather than ground one.

2 Likes

I thought i was the troll around here but seems OP4 are the new trolls lol

Currently the Donor Planets have all been moved to a separate server that has been down regularly.
This was done to improve server performance yet now new donor spaces may be sold.

So the negative effect on your gameplay was actually overstated. But of course every none planet owner
or resident pushed for it. This meant the dialogue that never happened would have had the same result.
Donor planets dumped on a storage server that has repeatedly crashed. Players living there having to rely
on a questionable CSW system to access their planets if the server is up.

In real world terms you can equate this allowing welfare rats to decide how much to tax those who work.
Eventually they will decide to tax it all. This is what has basically been done to these donor planets.
They have been nerfed and finally been dumped on a shaky storage server all for the sake of server
performance. Yet here we are next season new donor space may be sold on those very same servers.

1 Like

I sort of agree with @Mattcore37k up to a point … but I think theres a way to present a valid arguement without resorting to calls of Bullshit and getting peoples backs up. Im pretty dissappointed with the planet scenario too.

Firstly, I would regard myself as an HWS “fanboi” too. I think its a stirling effort to create an awesome community and although I tend to keep myself fairly much to myself (read carebear (read designing fleet over and over again becuase class’s keep changing)) I still respect the community, the creative work that has gone into building its environment, some great guys playing the game and the resilience of the admins, dealing with everything from mild abuse to software and hardware issues in a game which is still very much in active development. Anyhoo … I digress.

I donated for my planet relatively recently compared to most planet “owners”. I payed out of my own pocket, just before the change to seasons so was probably the last to pay the old price. We got a little use before last season, with the old rules, last season (short as it was) and this season pretty much no one is going there because of the CSW issues. The guys that have ventured there have had a nightmare although I understand its going to be fixed pretty soon which renders the planet useable, if a little inconvenient. It does appear to me that the planets have been sidelined somewhat and now dont represent the value they once did. Introducing donator space isnt such a bad idea, but not at the detriment of the planets. I loved the idea of having our own PLANET and indeed do enjoy it when I get there. Its pretty fucking awesome actually. Proviiding the CSW issues are resolved and the server hardware issues fixed, I can live with the CSW. Its not as bad as I thought it was going to be and seemingly a realistic and effective solution to the server problems on EU.

We all have to remember too, that HWS isnt a business (maybe it should be) and these guys rely on donations to keep the community growing, which is good for all, providing the game can take it, so of course they need to generate some revenue. Unless @RexXxuS is indeed a multimillionaire on a motorbike.

I was going to moan about the Class 4 drop to class 3, mainly because Ive spent weeks designig mulitple ships that were first rendered useless dropping to class 4, then after more weeks squeezing every little triangle out rendered even more useless, for real this time, dropping to 3. However, that said, its a great challenge designing NICE (not crappy cubes of crap) ships at class 3 for PVP and its actually turning out to be a good move. Still … class 5 Bases on Donator planets to give SOME value back would be very welcome.

Anyhoo, once again, great server, great comminuty, great admin and lets kill Tesla.

5 Likes