HWS Garage Reclaim | Mistakes were made

I think the issue at hand is that an entire aspect of earning, spending, and refitting a ship for a particular purpose has been deemed illegal. It’s more than a simple matter of a refund. The time invested in rebuilding that which is now considered illegal was invested because of the end result. Time spent in this manner is just as valuable when lost like this as any other pursuit. It should not be lightly over looked.

i dont really care if its destroyed,alien core is not that important,id rather get a refund tbh.

There is also a disconnect when you come into a conversation half way through without taking the time to understand the emotional implications.Sometimes it’ best to read carefully and fully digest before commenting.

The reason why Laykan made his comment is because there was a comment made about someone’s time being used to restore a base. Laykan is upset because we were told we were exploiting, when we clearly weren’t. Then someone comes and says 'it’s taking my time to restore things after what YOU did."

So he’s responding by saying - Okay, you used up your time, but what about MY time that I spent modifying something you allowed me to buy and modify, and now you are taking it away. Yes it is just pixels, but it is also something he worked hard towards.,

The initial reaction of calling this exploiting and acting like people were doing some great evil was wrong. It was an oversight on the part of the ship designer and that is all. No one should ever have called it an exploit or insuinted that we did something wrong by modifying them the way we did. Had they not, Laykan would not have brought up ‘his time’.

Read every single post, stand by my original statement, and its original intent.
Never even specifically called out Laykan, or said that it was a bad thing. Just two different ways of viewing time spent, and that if you look at it in terms of a sheer time investment, might make the game difficult to justify, vs just enjoying the game time that you have. For example if I invested a substantial sum of resources trying to get people to get over their leftover frustration and rage quitting from the colindays, and someone decided to then park 3 hv’s over that investment, despite having nothing to gain from it, if I viewed that as a shitty time investment, would have been very frustrating. Instead, the healthier viewpoint would be to say hey we got to have some fun placing c4 on your tanks. Obviously I am not perfect. Just offering a viewpoint, relevant to the thread, on an open forum.

1 Like

Then you are a dick. The original OP should not have made it about ‘his time’, it makes it seem like his time is more important than ours. It’s not.

Everything you do Ranzeth I consider great evil. I will never forget the event and you spawning an arty just to kill the spectators. Too damn funny.

You make it sound as if Colin isn’t coming back.

Evil incarnate.

I realize that. Base have the firepower to wreck CVs, so i must say that if they managed to take it down they must have nicely fortified the turrets.

A defended base might have fought back and with its inhabitants would have had a chance to take the behemot down.

An undefended base would be either under OP or would fall even without the CV’s ingerance anyway.

My point of view stands even when used against bases.

Now they can tank their BA turrets with MT turrets = undestroyable overpowered turrets.

Exactly this. Everything he did was allowed within the game engine’s physics and I for one applaud his creativity with customising the CV, to look like a giant flying 1970s concrete tower block. Perhaps BA turrets on a CV was a bad idea in the first place.

Squirrel has lost the investment of credits, and time, and emotional investment in no longer being able to look forward to enjoying that product.

If we start to say some things are possible, but you mustn’t do them as they are “banned” or “exploit”, then the whole SANDBOX system breaks down into some local meta. A few rules for fair play like no backpack robbing on PVE, fair enough … but when you’re telling people how to build, it gets a bit tiresome. The core game and server permissions should either make something possible to be done, or not. I tried a few other servers, some had really weird rules like no parking more than 15km from a planet, and I always hated them for it :rage:

3 Likes
  1. Not an exploit, as the actual mechanic of them firing was exactly as intended. The implementation these players used utilized a potentially OP tool in the most effective way they could manage, but the word exploit is completely unfounded.

2. They needed to (re)solve this, and it would likely be unreasonable to give profit on top of refunds, so I’m not precisely clear what compensation you might envision for your time spent modifying?

I’ll also open a thought that people can remark on; HV turrets. It might still be OP, but perhaps a sufficient solution for the vision of the garage builder and not game-breaking?

And lastly; one of these being brought onto GG highlights another problem in that the controls for limiting class aren’t effective currently. This was clearly too high a class of CV and yet the timer was too long to seize the vessel. Perhaps there needs to be a faster seizure the higher the class, or a check to tp vessels of too high a class back out of the playfield?

1 Like

Or teleport seized vessels to the HWS garage and sell them on a class / block count / device basis. Higher class less warning time. Such as class 7 1 minute warning then seizure & teleport vessel to garage, sold at garage contents and all. Player if in vessel teleported to starter planet.

Thoughts?

1 Like

You can make a really big class 1 if you experiment with poly counts

We made a September class one with just the nose part missing

The only problem with a big class one, as the fight progresses and it takes damage, it jumps in class size quickly.

1 Like

what time investment you put a bunch of blocks on and made a rectangle ship if you had add some fancy blocks etc and made it a nice ship than i would see it as a time investment but in my eyes you ruined a beautiful ship and i bet when we smack you with our miljonr tank you will yell exploit, oh look it has base turrets its exploiting the game, hell yeah i have bought the admin ships but i also totally customized them i dont just make a block ship ,and yes i read the entire post so i am not just talking out my ass. i see it as if you by a ship from the hws garage and it gets reclaimed treat it like a gm or ford recall saying it is defective and take your refund and go buy another ship and quit bitching about it, you lucky rex and dee are even offering a refund. thats just my 2 cents take or leave it as you will
peace out

Hammer
OP4 4 life

3 Likes

I feel the need to say ‘go f*ck yourself, you entitled prat’, but my nicer side is getting the better of me, so I’ll say “Think of the time Rexxus puts in to all aspects of this server you use (possibly for free) and weigh that up against your inconvenience”… “You entitled prat”

3 Likes

Time which he chooses to invest, because he enjoys doing it. Same as Laykan did what he did. The problem comes into play when people start saying - Well I’m going to calculate how much time I put into repairing this because you exploited.

A few problems with that:

1. That says his time is more valuable than ours - which it is not.
  2. Everything we did was within server/game mechanic rules.
  3. We donate to Rex because of his hard work, and I have no regrets in doing so. We appreciate his hardwork, we just don’t appreciate people calling us an ‘exploiter’ when no rules were broken - not even class sizes. We also do not appreciate someone saying “I’m going to calculate how much time it took me to repair this and then take it out of your refund.”

That comment was not necessary. Now I understand he was upset, and possibly spoke out of turn as Rex is very proud of his work.

So Juggoire, before you comment do a better job of actually understanding the situation. Or continue to be ignorant and act like you know better than everyone else.

Cheers!

With just two of our members we have donated over a thousand dollars to this server how about you?