HWS Half Time of season 8.X | Votes | New help command | Roadmap

Here are my two cents; What I think about Hws 8.0 is that ocd is always present, and what I remember in the old days was not like this, which I think should be changed and the period the ocd is available was created to keep the things after cleaning and not as it is today, garbage dump:

1st I think it should be blocked 15 days after the start of the session and reopened 15 days before the end, with this forces people to plan what they will withdraw and store on bases or ships, whether in pvp and pve and in the long run , depending on the consumption of resources, will cause metals and goods to circulate on the playing fields.

2nd another point and that can only be bought or sold in ecc, just to force the movement of the goods, it is now very easy to buy things and to take virtually from one place to another ā€¦

3rd Ecc should not be pasted neither to pvp nor to pve it must be in a place that is not so easy access, there should be risks to go ecc out of the planets HQ, pay attention I said HQ (beginners will still be along with the QG.) Players who want to venture out of the HQ must take the risk and that should be considerable.

4th without mines and rare metal asteroids in the HQ (only meteors, after all you can use your ocd for 15 days before being blocked, if programmed ā€¦)

5Āŗ finish with the folds outside the portals; I think in pvp systems there should be no free jumps, this should only be done through the portals, every system should have multiple portals in and out across the field.
Or even a new class of portals, portals of passage; where you exit from one side of the system, and you must cross a certain distance to the gateway that is in the middle of the field and go to the exit portal that is on the opposite side of where you came from, in the diagram 0.1 .0 where, independently of its direction, the middle portal always appears as 1, but if it returns from where you just jumped, it will return to the system where you jumped before ā€¦

6 I think this is also important and I forgot to mention, to decrease the ship classes in the pvp fields, I think we can go quietly with class 4 or 5 in Season 9, along with the serverā€™s new weapons system, it will cause less delays and we will have faster battles with Cvs being actually killed by players and not by lags and disconnections ā€¦ so pve keep class 7 because if the suggested ocd changes are made, large ships will be required to store and carry resources. ā€¦

I hope I have helped improve the game if they are adopted by the server manager ā€¦

I edited the post, English is not my native language ā€¦

1 Like

That OCD wipe is best topic on HWS, always when everything is peacefull type OCD wipe on forum :smiley:
So dont take it too seroiusly and dont get too emotional pleaseā€¦ its partialy joke, drama starter. It was here many times and no, Rexxx wont do it as too many ppl would be upset.

What Paxxo means and I mean and othersā€¦theres no end and start of seasson, its just wipe, everyone will take stuff out from OCD, no miners on planets trying to get rich again. No hunting, everything in 3hours back as it was before end.

Pok is right even if wiped, we will rush to NPC Merchant and we are rich again.

I would like to see something like optional wipe of OCD for some reward, reputation maybe.
Sacrifice something in OCD, might be even random selection, get reward.
It wont help much but at least something.

Some ideas? Basicly PvP is empty as noone needs to go there, mine there. With CV instant warp/supergate its disaster. (Im flying C3 CV so i can be killed easily even with this but so far im lucky)
But its hard to force someone who dont want to play PvP to go to PvP space. Also its impossible to force players to go through most broken part of game.

When I started there was Alliance, supposed to protect traders, miners against Pirates. Something like that would be nice. PvPers on both sides, some trying to keep ppl alive, some trying to kill them. It wasnt working, everyone wanted to be killer. Its complicated but it needs some change. Put 4 miners, 4 ā€œprotectorsā€ and 4 pirates on one playfield and all can go to have coffe - lag.

Titan - Im not goign there for 100 golden ore. I have thousands of magnesium in OCD, I wont need mag ever again. (and I was through 700k mag wipe etc, it didnt help)

Armagedon - I have thousands resources in OCD i have no reasson to go automine anything. Maybe ammo would be nice to mine :smiley:

For hoarders - OCD wasnt meant like some vault you have to fill, it was to keep something when bugs takes everything, now its cancer. And i filled them both on both servers too, just saying.

Whole system needs some update to curent version, OCD is version 2 and we are closing to 9. Im not even bothering with OAMs, POIs, did one mission, got cca 250 cores on NA where I had none so in worst case i can keep OAMs running.

ok lets break this down.

1. Whats the point of ocd if you wipe it?

2 . You want more pvp,
wiping ocd = less ships = less pvp.

1. more runners because pvp ships are now more expensive to build.

2. more people spending time farming supplies to build ships, less time for pvp.

the entire concept is a fallacy.

1 Like

Wipe it partialy, shouldnt be inpenetrable vault which can be filled the way we all filled it and thats it. We dont need to do a lot of activities, ill last with my OCD to end of my days. Simply - its too big. Make it smaller. We still ahve slots with 700k of something.

Ships dont die, they are cheap, I can sh.t ships all day long. But agree we should not starve. Get your point, want only some balancing.

To the restā€¦getting resources cant be too tedious, but should be done at least sometimes (we dont have to touch mining for whole seasson) Should be something like mining operation. Bigger, with guards etc.

Whole concept always was in PvE ok, you will get stuff but not much, in PvP you can get rich but its risky. Plan operation to see it fail = fun.

In generalā€¦we cant be more rich and more lazy, with no work.

everything in your OCD is from past work.

you want a grind? delete the stuff from your ocd, and start bare on your own.

Yeah I know, I agree and understand that for some ppl OCD is game itselfā€¦

Whole topic is too complicated, I would start somewhere like updating all OCDs to current achivable ones. If player joins now, max he can put in OCD is 70k, we have 10x more. Give ppl with 700k slots seasson 9 to solve what to do with it.
Huge recles war, spread it in more slots, sell itā€¦everyones choice. But if nothing, its a bit unfair to new ppl.

Its drama topic, but we should do something with it slowly, and not painfuly so everyone can adapt.

any changes to the current OCD will greatly impact the entire server.
it will change the number returning players.
change the rewards for grinding in the economy. (OCD 7 is still a prized pony for most players)
change the meta.
reduce the number of pvp players.
probably reduce the number of players on the server in general.

Sorry but this is end of story for me. I joined PvP server, wont be looking as it changed to PvE server with pumpkins all around. Now this is very dramatic topic.

Anyway, started as joke, lets leave it like that, no hard feelings. Good evening.

ā€™

Sorry but wiping partially ocd will only increase pvp. I came from a server where there was no ocd and every season start was total war and every pvp playfield was popolated by players actively fighting for resources. Who actively play wont be hurted by partial cut of ocd. If you dont play from something like 3 seasons you should not have a fat ocd. Active players support the servers not the ghosts.

how many players on that server?

Was official Eleon Eu server. 30 players max all the season long. Now is dead because is 6 months that is not wiped, full of class 5 planets and the requests for admin help are processed in something like 2/3 weeks. The only active planet this season was pandora moonā€¦ a class 1 planet :smiley: where you fight for erestrum.
Its obvious that you dont want to cut your ocd, i am not happy either to lose stuff is just to balance the server and sometimes hurts.
Is like taxes, you dont want it but you need to pay it.
Btw is only my opinion, chill out.

@Paxxo1985 @Elfias and everyone else, iā€™ve mentioned about what to do with OCD as a suggestion here:

Tell me what you think, an optional wipe which is entirely a player choice, and in return the player gains capacity. Like ā€˜prestige mode.ā€™ from Call of duty games! :slight_smile:

Wrong post, that one is OAM. Here is my OCD one:

we need to cut not increase, always in my opinion.
going from 70k to 80k ocd wont solve the problem.
Ocd tax of 20-30% at the end of the season will fix the problem.

HWS wasnā€™t PvE server with crumbs of PvP when I joined, thatā€™s what I meant.

Man, belive me I get you, you came home from work, you want to relax, do some stuff around base, maybe POI or do a bit of mining, maybe a mission, you are not interested in someone who will come and destroy all your work, I understand that. I just think you missing best part of game and reason why you do all that crap collecting, putting it in OCD. On what are you PvE guys going to spend it I donā€™t know. But I respect it, you have all the right to play your way.

RIP PvP

1 Like

you know theres one problem, there are PvE players who time to time want to go to PvP and try it.

They jump to Homeworld and they get ganked by 6 hungry PvP players starving for combat. They leave and never come back to PvP again.

Maybe we need some way, something like arena, where whoever wants to try it can do that. Players can fight players with same experience, so its equal.

Its like this. PvE player goes to planet. About 1 minute later we know hes there (no. of cores per playfield, Im sure you have this sameā€¦guys guys 2 more cores on [planet]). 4 minutes later we walk over his dead body.

0/10 will try PvP again.

My first pvp experience was like a rape. I went in pvp with my big class cv tier1. I got wrecked by a sv in something like 15 seconds. I was shocked. But is all about mentality. There is someone that will quit and someone like me who wants to improve. Now i am here.

An ocd tax wont help. Screwing with the OCD at all will mess with too many people, and risk server integrity. Instead i think my suggestion at least offers further progression for those with maxxed out stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same experience, joined server as Pirate, met Sanchous, greeted him, hi comrade pirate and my flying cocpit exploded few seconds later. 14 days after it I was fighting SWP and had great fun when they start dieing after 4 hours of battle.
Might be too harsh for some, or they donā€™t want it that intensive.

I think that whats most important is to see secondary explosions of ship in crosshair, thatā€™s at least reason why I play. Secondary explosions, chain reaction boom.
Actualy secondaries in my ship drags me away from PvP, secondaries in enemy ship brings me back to PvP.

1 Like