HWS Patch Announcement | New Structure Limit system | New Tax system | HWS Marketplace %SALE% feature

I wonder how could REDs afford to keep an attack base in front of my base for almost a week doing almost no damage. My base is still there today, a bit scraped ofc. But somehow I feel Rex is not hitting the right button on this.

@roboo, can you offer some solution that Rexxus could look into implementing?

I dont think so, I do not have the tools to check their alliance and placement on GG to make educated guesses on this.

The proposed limits are really tough for small factions, I would suggest that you balance the numbers between private structures and faction structures a bit more towards faction, since small factions tend to be more tight knit groups and have little use for private ships. For example if my brother and I weren’t in ROR we would have our own faction and literally zero private bases or vessels. in that case we would have to switch around between faction and private all the time - that wouldn’t reduce the number of vessels present anywhere, it would just be very annoying to switch them around all the time. It would probably be less annoying to have a familyshare account log in every few days and just up the limits that way.

About the taxes: "That CV would cost now 77,189 credits for one (but not all) member."
And how are you going to determine who has to pay?

1 Like

its
ship price + Bank credits
Divided by
RP

your formula is multiplication, and totally wrong.

also how would one divide from 70,000,000 and come up with 1.4 trillion?

scratching my head

Wow a great deal of healthy discussion going on here!

1. RE Tax: I think there is little to argue about increasing the levy value, because if you do not leave you ship in the ECC past the daily restart you will not get taxed.

2. Re the structure limits. This is so much more difficult, as there will always be “winners” and “losers” on what ever limits are placed. I feel the need for hard limits in the playfield hotspots cannot be avoided. But could these hard limit playfields be excluded from the global limit (ie additional?).

3. It has also been mentioned previously by others, but it would also be ideal in such PvP hotspots if the hard limits were per Alliance (not individual faction) - reducing the impact of ghost factions etc. Of course this may only be a pipe dream, as no doubt this would require coding in ether the EAH tool or the game client (or both!).

On a related note, I see in the experimental branch there is a quoted performance optimisation for multiple turrets firing in a playfield - I hope this will prove successful, to assist the frame rate in the big battles!

Ship price, faction member devision and RP devision is for everyone but the player and Bank credit is not. That is why it still is different for some members.

And about your small faction issue I looked in my analyzes also in small factions of course and saw that in reality my suggested values and factors are supported. More than I suggested above is rather greed or messy syndrome.

Alliances can’t be considered in calculations yet since it is very heavy in performance load. We have to investigate further.

You can park for a “short time” already. Taxes are only applied at 9AM. If you have stuff by that time in ECC you have a bad day. But rest of the 23:59 hours are available to park.

Hi together, and a, maybe, new Idea for Pvp. In Game i see a lot of Weapons for Man to Man Combat… unused in Pvp. No Chance to survive with personal Weapon. Question:
Is it possible to switch the Turrets, that they cant aim at Persons, only on Sv,Cv, Bases?
If only the smal Defense will work, its giving a Chance for more Marine Aktion to get in Bases.

Hi all. I have 2500 hours in pvp and 500 hours on this server in different times. i supported the server cause is for sure the best on the web. I usually does not join a faction .Cause of RL duties i can t play sometimes for long period so i always prefer a solo game or with one or two friend from time to time that joins . If u low to only one the number of base spawnable by a player, the solo pvp game will be annhilated. great factions will continue to spawn spy bases near pois, will settle every single planet and only just cause 5 people can have 10 working accounts. Please consider to give to a faction NOT allied with anyone the ability to spawn at least 3 bases , better if five. If u want u can also put a tax on this . In this way people that like solo playing will be able to continue to play as self sufficient pirates or freelancers. Consider for example that atm i have 6 bases all in pvp areaas but 4 of these are just spy cores that works like “area alarm” to monitor the surface. TY very much for your attention staff.

1 Like

And also another thing to consider letting big factions to build more bases means that they will abuse of chance to “surround” with towers little faction bases. only way to avoif this behavior near to “greefing” attitude is to let little factions the ability to spawn cores as “interdition buildin area” around the perimeter. there are no other ways to avoid the "smart " guys to bury yourself in your own bases.

Agree, same problem here Mario. I can’t be constant as a 10 mebers clan, but i support the server as if not more than them with my donations. How it s supposed i defend myself from an harrasment of “30 turrets towers” if i have no chance to spawn a perimeter of little “alarm Core” to prevent other to build near my single active base ?. the 3oo meters interdition is not sufficent , is enough u to move the core on the limit of your perimeter and u will find an enemy tower on your head the day after.

Instead of global restrictions based on faction size, why not REWARD factions/players for amount of activity. If a 2 player faction plays a total of 40 hours a week compared to a 10 man faction that plays a total of 10 hours a week, I suggest you REWARD the players/factions investment in time. There are 2 ways you could do this. You could make “additional structure slots” a feature like OAMs and OCDs something you could purchase with gold/RP. Or you could make additional structure slots part of your Origin Skill Points.

The benefit to this is a 20 man faction that has 4 really active players and 16 log-in-once-a-week players under your proposed system has a significant advantage over a 4 man faction with 4 really active players. With my proposal, the number of players doesn’t matter as much as the contribution of each player in terms of hours/origin points/gold/RP.

You already reward invividual players for grinding out OAMS, OCDs, Banking Levels, etc. Why not do the same for Factions. Let factions earn featured benefits just like you allow individual players to do.

Thank you.

1 Like

If possible it will be a Great idea

1 Like

This isn’t an issue if you maintain the hard-limits on the PVP hotspots. Then even big factions and alliances only have an upper limit. Which so far on EU at least has proven to be a non-issue.

Maybe this could be factored into the skill-tree system, some-sort of faction-wide skill-tree that each player can contribute to as part of their daily loot. Hmmm, an interesting idea indeed…

1 Like

@RexXxuS did you see my question and others? I’m really ok with the concept of big clans being stronger than me but why should I be punished for playing solo. In real life , if I have money I can buy a house in every country, nothing should prevent me from doing that. this system puts s limit that hurts solo players a lot. I’ll have no chance in pvp now, so this system is join a clan or don’t even bother playing

1 Like

I do agree with the faction auto kick, too many members in a faction, and just 2 playing would be a major issue.

That’s must be one hell of a reply RexXxus lol

Hello @Mario,

I answered it already I think:

You for example has at the moment nothing in PvP playfields to contest these bigger factions. As I said, I analyzed the current situation before implementing / suggesting the new one.
I don’t like to talk about theory too much but look at facts. And facts are that small factions, even with the current system either don’t use the 10 faction bases on NA or lose even with that anyways.

And by the way real life will prevent you from doing your house dream as well :wink: Everything a matter of money.

Anyways you see it as punishment but as written already, it is a relative system and smaller factions don’t build many structures anyways, why should they?

That counts also for you @pico_76 You have no structures on the big PvP hotspots to contest the larger factions. Especially when I see that you lose your structures soon anyways because you didn’t touch them for 6 days now.

And in some cases the hard cap limit won’t go away for now. Still need to analyze more situations.

Again that whole topic is not about punishing the smaller factions but just starting to be realistic in a bigger picture.

Picking for example a better real life scenario:

It’s about one guy having a dream of selling nice cookies to the whole world. Now even if he has the money (no limits) he never ever can make his dream come true as a one-man show because the organisation stuff of management, advertisement, offerings, requests, customers, locations, etc. etc. would kill him in no time.

I hope we get this topic out of the way here now and focus finally on the real solution.

No, I don’t think this was subject of this announcement. CVs have other implications.
If it’s only about being able to transport HVs then we can maybe increase the limit from 9 to 12 minutes. But I see some people can handle 9 minuts already quite good.

2 Likes

I assume they are doing what I do as a single person faction. I end up as a Freelancer putting a throw-away multi-turret defense platform on a pvp planet. I don’t plan on ever being at that base for any reason more then to drop it off. That is because the freelancer requirement is you must live in both pve and pvp.

If more planets were reachable by SVs, I probably wouldn’t bother to build both a CV and Base. At this point, I have to remember to enter my CV or it will decay.