HWS Patch Announcement | New Structure Limit system | New Tax system | HWS Marketplace %SALE% feature

please, do that. I beg you, Lost 2 CVs already and know someone who also lost due to the time period. It would really help miners <3

Gonna ask again can we remove primetime for cv so the employed folks can drop assets

2 Likes

Hi admin, ty for answer. What u say is correct but i think that focusing on the big scheme u neither readed what i wrote. " i have 6 bases all in pvp areas but 4 of these are just spy cores that works like ā€œarea alarmā€ to monitor the surface". ofcourse i will soon lose that 4 cores , but it will take 5 in-game minutes to replace with new ones. are crafted with this purpose in order. cause i m a solo player , to alert me in case of sensitive activity around a larger area near my single base and in second to avoid people to buiild a forest of towers near my base as it happened when i joined again the server 2 months ago on lyra(snapshotted base less than 300 m from my base and no one done anything cause was a ā€œbig guysā€ asset so i had to restart being ā€œburiedā€). Now i m able to share the surface with clan 518 and we keep one each other at safe distance. if i was forced to spawn just a single base, my whole preeventive game strategy went to hell and i was forced to live always in my stealthed CV. it s not true i does not visit my bases, i stay there most of time as starting spot for raid sorties. it s a playing style that will be just a sweet memento if we ā€œsolo playersā€ will be not be allowed to build more than one base. where big faction build 10 bases i m not able to play cause of awful lag same for Lawless Hq: 8/10 times i approch the system in ā€œhot daytimeā€ i crash cause the ā€œorbital parkingā€. I m still of the idea that the factor 1person/1base will penalize solo player people. your way to answer " You have no structures on the big PvP hotspots to contest the larger factions. Especially when I see that you lose your structures soon anyways because you didnā€™t touch them for 6 days now" it s not only rude, but unrespectful of someone that spent hours playin in your server, put real money to support your great work and was ready to put more in order to continure to play. Consider also this togheter with statistic analysis. best regards.

also necessary, agree

hmmm Rex, with all due respect, I really disagree with that. First, I donā€™t have anything now because I havenā€™t played in a while, just been on other games. I plan to be back in HWS 8. Having said this, sometimes 1 person can do the job of 3-4 people, itā€™s all in skill and intelligence. Iā€™m not saying iā€™m hawking, but you are putting limits on me that prevent me from playing the game fairly. While I was playing I had my vulc bunker, then two bases on vulc, plus my base and pads on another planet. The system youā€™re putting in place puts a limit on me to even try to compete with these big clans. Iā€™m fine with big clans beating me because they have more people, can build more, etc. ,etc. but iā€™m not ok with this being because of a limit on me. Letā€™s go back to real life, if iā€™m a war with another gang and they have 20 members, if Iā€™m smart I may be able to still beat them regardless of their numbers or much territory they have. but if you come in and tell me hey you can only use a knife but they can use guns and tanks, then you just put this limit on me that prevents me from even trying. Donā€™t look at what I have now because iā€™m not playing. The same thing also applies to factions honestly. Just because faction A has 30 members they shouldnā€™t get advantages over the 5 member faction B, they both should be able to build 10 bases if the local limit allows it. Then let factors of war (like for example not enough members to maintain all 10 bases on faction B) dictate who win and loses a fight.

2 Likes

Hmm not sure if that comment was directed as a slant at other members. Youā€™ll have to forgive me if iā€™m being overly defensive @TheRaven as itā€™s simply due to some rather toxic individuals bringing up peoples ā€˜employmentā€™ in the past. TL:DR I think weā€™ll find that a good 80-90% of the server pop is employed, but not everyone does traditional 9-5 jobs. :slight_smile:

On the other hand i agree that primetime can punish those in the traditional 9-5 jobs which is a lilā€™ bit of an issue. But to be fair I donā€™t see how much-more Rex can do in terms of that other than to implement a rolling reset system (the hours roll one hour late/earlier every day. So Mon-Fri would be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9pm reset times. So they get progressively later in the week, hopefully benefitting individuals such as yourself so you can get the most out of that reset time.)

Not sure how easy this is to implement however. And iā€™m cautious of recommending anything else to Rexx right now as-of 8.0 being around the corner. This might be worth bringing up again halway through 8.0 as a seperate piece of discussion; as itā€™s certainly worth its own thread.

Though I also know it has been discussed in the past so iā€™ll go and double check if the rolling system has been dismissed before.

Best regards
Wise.

why not just make it so that it starts off with like 5 bases and then as it increases by player count it starts to tapper off say at 40 youā€™re only getting 0.3 bases per player added. Then just round up/down in the code to compensate.

1 Like

Nice approch . Also a number base moltiplicator in skill tree will be nice . some sort of ā€œthe space fortress builderā€

@pico_76

Hm, rude? Not meant it that way. Just observing the facts at the moment. I know about your proximity alarm system and it is a smart way to play but I was more concerned about the real hotspot planets and contesting bigger factions rather than you way of gaining RP in PvP that way for example.

@Mario

That was the first I warned about in the first post of mine: not speaking about theory but about current data. Itā€™s nice that you have skills of 3+ people alone but again I was concerned about real scenarios where a 1-2 faction can contest the bigger ones on Homeworld or Golden Globe. Additionally to prevent the split in small factions to abuse the system.

But alright, since I even care about the 1% of our community Jascha will implement something similar @Zackey_TNT suggested. It was considered at the beginning but we thought itā€™s not needed :wink:

We will have a base number of letā€™s say 5 and then we apply the factor multiplier on top of that, respecting that system I have to adjust the factor numbers of course.
That way we cater the small ones with the base number as well as the big ones with the factor number.

Thanks for the feedback.

And the idea about integrating it into the HWS Skill is great, I have planned it in combination with ā€œHWS Special Skill Treeā€ or Faction Skill Tree. Where you can influence the overall gameplay as well.

It requires more time to implement though since it can potentially grow to a new game overall.

2 Likes

Ty for effort admin, Praxxus used to say always good about u when i was used to play with him and i understand he was right. i appreciate your pratical managment, your work and always ā€œbe on the pieceā€. From my side, In order to be more acceptable, i will try to cooperate and gather a small faction with 4 or 5 ā€œsolo playerā€ members to show our my good will . I have in HWS a good place where to play and i wish to stay here cause i love Empyrion and your server services compensate my lack of time cause of RL duties in gathering and stock resources. Tyvm and have a nice day

2 Likes

I have a question:
How does this work with Donator planets/playfields?
a) Do Bases, SV, HV, CV on the the Donator playfields count against the ā€œGlobal Limitsā€?

Further information on this would be great as we are planning for the next season.

Donator Planets will keep their independent limit system.

1 Like

This is great news! I am happy to know that the items on our planet will not count in the Global Limits, as I would have to delete all items on our planet except for 1-2 ships/bases

1 Like

For the active members, can we only count the steam owner account as an active person contributing to the active players and not all their family share players?

Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s easy ways to detect via the steam api:
https://api.steampowered.com/IPlayerService/IsPlayingSharedGame/v1?key=/yourapikey/&steamid=/steamid64/&appid_playing=/appid/

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/webapi/IPlayerService#IsPlayingSharedGame

IsPlayingSharedGame GET https://api.steampowered.com/IPlayerService/IsPlayingSharedGame/v1/

Name Type Required Description
key string Steamworks Web API user authentication key.
steamid uint64 The player weā€™re asking about
appid_playing uint32 The game player is currently playing

Returns valid lender SteamID if game currently played is borrowed

Just call this anytime someone logins to the server and then store a column (IsPlayerAccountOwner) for family share account in your database (I assume youā€™re using a RDBMS here and have a ā€˜playerā€™ table with some kind of metadata about each account). Then just filter out all the players who are not active account owners from your player table when you do the structure limit calculation.

2 Likes

This hasnā€™t really been much if any of an issue on EU. Is this a major issue on NA?

Best regards
Wise.

@RexXxuS Since the base count has been increased on GG from 2 to 10, maybe it would be okay to look at size limits? 10 size class 10 bases could cause problems.

So, a faction with 2 members can have only 2 faction bases for whole PvE, while you need 1 already for Alliance HQ, because there are no private structures allowed? That becomes boring then for small factions and single players. And decreases the chance to survive in PvP much more than already. No sense for me to continue playing here thenā€¦

First of all thank you Rexx for the improvements and changes youā€™v done to the game.

I think the most effective and simplest way to fix the problem that we have which is too many bases would be to make it one base per faction. And to limit the amount of allied factions a faction can have so they donā€™t try to abuse it.

At the moment now the limit is 10 bases per faction which can all be up to size class 7. Thats very bad for the performance of this game. I think the only advantage a large faction should be the amount of active players they have. And how well they cooperate to defeat or defend against their adversaryā€™s.

I think that the current system that Rexxx is proposing would make it so that at any given time depending on how many a faction of almost 50 plus allies could put an almost unlimited amount of bases which would be catastrophic for performance.

A better suggestion, then that would be to say. A faction can only have as twice many base points as the number of active (been on in last 30 days) before it gets taxed. Each base point should equal 1 size class.

So, using those examples: a 36 person faction could have 72 sizes of bases. That could be one size 7 base plus three size 5 bases plus four size 3 bases plus ten size 2 bases and twenty two size 1 bases.

A solo faction can have a size 2 base or two size 1 bases.

Once, you get larger then that things could get expensive really quickly using the tax rules.

You didnā€™t read my posts aboveā€¦
I will update my initial post for new people.

That will change with our new Base number offset.

About your 2 faction PvE limit though you forgot that some hard limits will stayā€¦
But your choice where to play.

@Chaplain_5-15

Not unlimited but proportional to the faction size. But again, some hard cap limits will stay.

I announced for friday a limit system change so when Iā€™m done with my analyzes I might also rework the amount / size limits.

Nice idea @Macbrea we have to look into it in the next iteration.