HWS Patch Announcement | New Structure Limit system | New Tax system | HWS Marketplace %SALE% feature

I think my idea, solves the allied faction issue too by the way. You want one person in their own faction allied with you? They can build a size two base, or they could just join your faction and add 2 to your base points. Final result is exactly the same number of base points.

I think the whole base-issue us being overblown; at least on EU. The MOST bases iā€™ve EVER seen clustered together has been 10. Even then you could isolate the ones on the edge and pick them off without taking much from the other bases.

I think as long as a hard cap remains on GG the current base limits are fine and should probably simply carry over with the new system. If it ainā€™t broke (on Eu anyway) then donā€™t ā€˜fixā€™ it! :slight_smile:

Alliances should also not be punished for having the common sense to place their base next to allies. If of course this starts getting outright abused with say 20 or more bases then yes things should change. But to those who see tons of bases on NA it is because on NA drama that led to OP being turned off and base limit multiplied by 5 to compensate. This is a temporary measure.

FINALLY and most IMPORTANTLY may i mention one VERY important thing that weā€™re all forgetting; come 8.0 on PVP playfields like GG you will have to build a base instead of spawn it. Therefore you will naturally see the number of bases drop considerably as people have to start building them by hand. Meaning that it would take considerably longer for even the most organised alliances to place down base complexes (iā€™m thinking several days of setup for a full 10-base complex) meanwhile the individuals building this base can be harassed throughout. This also nullifies attack bases and should reduce the amount of OP drama on NA.

Letā€™s fix the problems and keep the already good bits good without trying to make them better yet. Letā€™s just start by fixing anything thatā€™s outrightly broken (such as being able to spawn a monster attack base in a couple of seconds).

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

So the no spawn is certain? I would like to see more details on that one. Will it cover also vehicles? This would affect mining considerably if comboed with the no cv down on resource hotspots. I think this is yet ANOTHER issue to be studied in another topic actually.

Hmm i donā€™t believe it will cover vehicle spawning (thank God as on a high-intensity PVP playfield you defo want spawnable ships) on EU we were having issues with attack-base spam. At one point a single player planted down 14 attack bases, obvs most went HWS but that meant they then went OP and had unlimited ammo whilst attacking our bases.

And the CV issue needs further studying certainly. I have always loved the idea of a small simple carrier and GMC have used them in the past to great effect. But there needs to be a way of preventing stupid tanking with CVS. This may be as simple as putting it in the rules or fixing a sub-1 class limit (e.g max class 0.35) on cvs to make them too small to effectively ā€˜tank.ā€™

Good points raised @fe_quirino
Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

totally agreeā€¦ as Iā€™ve told numerous times, my computer/isp is not cutting edge, so I have lost couple of CVs due exclusevly to disconnects during retrieving important assets. I would much prefere to take quietly a smaller cv to retrieve my assets for a longer period of time than having no cv allowed at all. A sub-1 limit would definetly solve that. Letā€™s see how the discussion will go on about that too. And yes, 10 bases for each faction seems overkill somehow, but also 1 base per player seems an equally radical solution. Hope we can see some middle ground or we are basically seeing either the death of smaller factions or mass quitting on the server, on my honest opinion. I would certainly join one of the large factions in that case, something that is not my preference at all.

2 Likes

Yes I defo feel we need to think of the mid-range factions. Especially the larger new-ish factions that comes from games like Eve, but what they lack in experience they make up for in manpower. However this usually drops off to a more agreeable level, but these factions can struggle to get involved in the complex PVP mechanics; as on the surface this game looks simpler but the finer aspects of PVP and the mechanics behind constructions actually add previously unknown layers of complexity to the game. For these ā€˜midā€™gameā€™ factions can find it very hard to find relevant PVP info. Not to mention all the brilliant layers that HWS brings into the mix! This is where i think the community contribution is most important.

By community contribution iā€™m thinking of game-guides both in the written and video form. From simple things such as basic construction tips to the more complex things about PVP mechanics and HWS features (videos about HWS features are already excellent though, they just need to be advertised a bit more when people ask for these things in global chat. Finally we do/did have some fantastic players contributing to this such as SwissSteel from AAA. Maybe there can be an incentive for community-minded players like this? Not as an expectation but more of a pleasant surprise as thanks for their contribution.

I donā€™t really have any smart-ideas for solo players right now but they defo need to be considered also. I will start thinking in that dark absess known as my mind.

Best regards
Wise.

Preventing Vehicle spawns doesnt sound sooo bad. It would be interesting if you had to bring your own HV/SV down with the 9 Minutes to unload or if you had to build them yourself. That would bring some more action on the battlefields, like supporting your troops from space with a carrier. Short landing to unload, everybody has to be involved to get the Vehicles from a carrier. Bad thing would be, if your stuff would get destroyed you need a pick up or have to build something to get off these planets. Otherwise would bring these a more dynamic teamplay into the game, new tactics and maybe more CV-Fights (protect the carrier).

Nice idea but impossible to support for long-term sustained fighting which is what we and the Russians love. And to be honest weā€™ve done carrier missions already and theyā€™re fun but for a sustained attack you need an FOB on the surface to operate from if you want to make a permanent impact. Very similar to IRL strategy.

Nice idea though.

Weā€™ve done the cv assault before and itā€™s fun, but youā€™re forgetting that now CVs only have about 7 minutes and bases will have to be built by hand in 8.0 Therefore it sort of nullifies this idea as you would have to work miraculously fast to build an even moderately decent base in that time.

Also Protect the carrier is also iā€™m afraid obsolete as the carrier can simply warp away as has been done in the past.

Nice idea though. I like your thinking, but Iā€™ve seen this strategy attempted before and although itā€™s a novel one it is simply not one that makes us able to win wars. Not-to-mention that players get bored of it quickly. Similar to HV/SV only playfields. a nice idea but normally results in an empty playfield for the second half of the season.

For GG is meant to be the pinnacle of PVP so iā€™d say that Base-building and such is an important necessity of offensive or defensive strategy, with SVs and HVS also being integral to that goal (SVs more-so than HVs in the current META).

Best regards
Wise.

PS: We used the oleā€™ carrier trick on FST which was fun. Landed with 10 hvs and unloaded. But it only worked because we could insta-spawn a base to defend us as well as having all the time in the world for our CV. And if i had to choose between cv landings or between removing base spawning I would pick removing base spawning every time.

I know, spawn a ship and jump back into combat is what the most of the PVP-Players want. But maybe RexXxus designes a Planet where we could test it?! It would really help the Teamwork of a faction if really all had to work together to get an enemy down. As already mentioned a ā€œBattle Royalā€-Planet or something like that.

Well to be honest if youā€™ve heard us in discord youā€™ll see that we all use teamwork already. Weā€™re very selective about what we shoot at and about what we attack.

But testing this on another planet would certainly be a novel idea. My most major issue is with us messing with the GG ā€˜formulaā€™ so to speak that has been ultimately so successful this season. Testing it on a minor planet is fine, I just donā€™t want us messing with HW/GG without having some incredibly good reasons first.

Another issue is that with the whole BP spawning thing would be getting off-planet if you get shot down. Right now i am sure to have emergency fa supply, spawn pad, and a spawnable ship in order to escape in case i get shot down. For solo players without factionmates to rescue them this would be a major issue.

But iā€™m for the idea of testing, even though I personally believe that thereā€™s more than enough teamplay in the big factions already.

Best regards
Wise. :slight_smile:

PS: At everyone we should just probably wait until 8.0 comes around the corner to see how the dynamic of no-base-spawning on GG shakes things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

My apologies. I havenā€™t been hit with taxes enough to know how they work, I thought they were assessed hourly.

Its becoming more and more complicated at steady rate. I loved freedom of Empyrion on HWS at begining.
Its turning more and more into Second Life, take all your time and put it in game or play another game.

While i understand performance problemā€¦
Parking on ECC is good as constructors are working while i dont have to sit behind computer, i can prepare stuff ā€œAFKā€ and come back later for funny part.

I prefer base spawning as i dont have to spend time by building base by hand. I can prepare nice, well thought through base, i can color it and whatever else, i can cook it in factory and spawn it instantly.

And so on. While i dont have that much time as i had in past I simply somehow cant find a way how to fit Empyrion game session in my day and it will be even more timeconsuming in future.

HWS is constantly trying to fix things which Eleon is obviously too slow to fix, im not sure if thats always good.
On other hand i highly appriciate the effort as its insane dedication from HWS team trying to make game even better.

Example is CSW, I had a time in last weeks to only collect interest and keep constructors running on ECC. New CSW seems more stable, its Jaschas magic for sure but also slower, i find myself nervously sitting in front of computer thinking go go go, teleport me already.

So to get to the point, whatever you do, change and so on, take a look at it and think How can i simplyfy that and make it more convinient.

I like Connect 3.0 its a bit offtopic but also good example, I would like to see OAM as a form, Ill fill amount of cores i want to use to fuel each one and click just one button Fuel it at botom, It will fuel all of them with one click, not that i have to click iron, amount, fuel it and move to copper and so on, same for withdraw of resources.

Keep it simple, fast and convinient. As not that active im alone in faction, i dont even have a clue how much of what i can build, without studying it carefully. I dont even know if i can be alone in faction and go to GG as i vaguely heard something about 3 person faction at least. Why i even have to think about this, I just want to go whenewer i want and do whatever i want and have some fun.

But thats just my opinion of lazy person :slight_smile: kudos to HWS for the effort.

still possible after our announcement to use cb:startjobs.

We had to do this in regarding of HWS Skill Tree offline job process.

See also here:

I try to implement it for the future.

But in general it is difficult to please casual gamers and competitive gamer. I tried to do it and I think it is possible if everyone know where its place is.
Sometimes however I see that casual gamer want to beat a 30 man faction at weekend, after he didnā€™t touch his stuff for 17 days and he should obviously be able to destroy that 30 man competitive faction with a prefab shipā€¦ you know what I mean.

We will see how it turns out in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks too, most terrible is to be casual player :smiley: Ill have to get uset to it i guess. Empyrion demands huge amount of time and its same like with pleasing PvE and PvP players together.
Its like with handbuilding of bases, good for one group, bad for other. Im happy for Zappe and Wise but not happy for me :slight_smile:

Anyway Rexxx its progressing very nicely, im kinda glad Ill come back after some time as im sure there will be whole new game to learn.

Until then good luck and never run out of popcorn!

1 Like

Is it possible to make more planets accessible to SVs. Even if you have to own a CV to jump to the back galaxies. That way, someone can station themselves on a planet near HW and access it with an SV instead of having to bring a CV?

I am fine with gaps that require a CV to jump from the Front area around ECC to the back area around HW. But as it stands now, you can use a SV for HQ worlds and ECC. Then you must do everything with a CV.

Not trueā€¦

The whole top PvP hotspot area is accessible via SV. Check the legend at the map.

The SV wasnt intended for far travels. You have always the option to stealth your CV or hide it 15000-20000m in space

From what I understand, after the patch, a one man faction will be allowed just one base, and a 40 man faction 40 bases (coarse numbers).
The reason would be that the one man faction plays casual while the 40 man faction play competitive.
Now the question, why 40 man faction needs 40 bases if they are active in such large number? 40 players will trash one or two bases of the casual player in matter of minutes.
What you are doing right now is boosting the large factions so they can become even more casual. Just drop 40 bases and log in 10 minutes per day.
I can bet that if you average time spent by each casual on one day you will find it larger than average of big factions per day (take all their members time spent in one day and divide by number of members in the faction).
So basically you are boosting inactives not actives.
Plus the sisters and girlfriends accounts which will be insta added to big factionsā€¦

This is a 40 base global limit even if it had say 40 members. Iā€™m in a very competitive PVP faction right now that will probably have no more than 12 active members as of 8.0. As a result weā€™ll have lots of bases but we wonā€™t be placing them all on the same playfield, only very silly factions would do that as this is a global limit. So this is more of a balance.

Furthermore local playfield limits will apply still despite this global limit. So pvp hotspots such as HW and GG will still have a cap (currently 2) on the number of bases you can place per playfield.

Hope this clears things up Roboo.

Best regards
Wise.

It does, thank you.