HWS pre 7th July update!

Since “donations” seem to come up a lot… Has any thought been given to allowing a small monthly fee in return for having a guaranteed slot on the server? Currently there seems to be 177 slots available, could move it down to 140 and offer up 37 reserved slots or something.

Just a thought.

I for one am looking forward to the changes, in particular POI and performance stuff. My brother and I raided a POI on a starter planet (yes we are still there after 25h of game time) and it was a lot of fun, but super laggy for whatever reason. Loot wasn’t too bad, got some upgrade kits of lots of nice components, plus a decent amount of hardened steel blocks.

good changes, very good indeed. Though didnt know, it had to combine all to get acceptable performance, much smaller universe, donator places in other server and class limitation, etc. Donator planets and if starter planets also would be in other server, that would cut huge amount on playfield stress on main server, would not that only be enough ? you cant use ocd in starter anyways so it would be logical and when you leave you never can even return so there is no point keeping starter planets in main server to eat it resources

4 Likes

Niewitch:
starter planets also would be in other server, that would cut huge amount on playfield stress on main server, would not that only be enough ? you cant use ocd in starter anyways so it would be logical and when you leave you never can even return so there is no point keeping starter planets in main server to eat it resources

THIS
THIS THIS
THIS

What this guy said.
SO many people stay in the starter zones for SO SO SO damn long.
Put all the starters off in its own server. Then when you finally CSW, to your server of CHOICE, you show up in the capital EGS zone ready to start your journey.

8 Likes

I second that!

I think this is a great idea and would also make a huge impact on reducing server load. Admins need to seriously take this in to consideration rather than putting donor planets on seperate servers.

2 Likes

Wow, what a disappointing response from Achilles. As if its not enough to banish the donator planets to another server for the sake of performance, that is understandable if it must be done for the sake of stability. But the way you are trying to victim blame them at the same time and actively campaign to take away something they have always had on top of pushing them through a bug prone CSW. You say take from them this and proclaim that you will actively campaign to give them nothing to balance it out and soften the blow. That seems awfully spiteful.

I suggest again that installing a separate OCD on the donator server could soften the blow of being deported, and giving the donator server its own OAM could act as a small carrot at the end of the stick so the horse continues to pull the cart. As Rexxxus noted in some responses doing this would potentially increase the value of donating.

With a bit of consideration, and openness to compromise you can turn depreciation into appreciation, and transform a downgrade into an upgrade. :wink:

2 Likes

So you would level up to leave only to have to level up again once you get onto the main server? CSW doesn’t transfer character level.

really, surely have CSW between NA-EU and I dont remember i have to start from zero again, tough i could be wrong havent done it in a while

both of them should be, starters have logical reasons for that, but so do donator planets

Nope, level unfortunately does not transfer which I why I think they didn’t put starter on its own server. I agree it should be and Kogami was wondering why we don’t just get a single character between all the servers which would eliminate 90% of the issues but its likely a limitation.

well then its bad very bad. Hopefully there would be way of trasfer levels

@Niewitch it is a good idea and we considered this too BUT we have then even more the problem that people will not join there in the beginning. Even if we rename the sanctuary server to “START HERE!!!” people would still join on EU or NA and what then? They have no dedicated starter planet… no origin and what not.
There are some cool workarounds though.

So all of this guys is cool and potential level is over 9000 but we have less than 1 week left…

For now this is the state:

• HWS Sanctuary for donator plantes
  • it has also some asteroids and mission portals (same as now)
  • OAM and OCD is activated there but independent from the rest. So you get a possible third OAM and OCD
  • CSW will be more improved to be really solid - including saving your names, signals, o2, fuel (but we need help from Eleon here)

But let’s see how this continues

3 Likes

Since CSW does not transfer levels, perhaps enable something like the cb:getmestarted command test servers use to instant level up on HWS Santuary so that donators don’t have to level to 25 over again?

1 Like

fixed with next update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sweet!

We spoke about it yesterday and i have come around to the idea, i appreciate that it is a compromise.

It bugs me that a lot of the people that are pushing so much for it have FULL OCD on EU or NA…so to me its greed from some people to have as 3rd facility.

but for those that don’t, i guess it is a little positive if they view the donators moving as a negative…which it is maybe for only them, as for every other player will have a potentially a better gaming experience due to 14 playfields, some of which are very highly populated and overcrowded with structures.

I don’t shy away that as a matter of sustainability donator planets are essential, but in terms of me as player…i don’t like the idea. It’s a double sword as an admin but of course i always consider my views also as a player of the game :slight_smile:

i would personally be more willing to donate for a planet on a seperate universe without OCD + AM becuase as it opens up a nice bit of difference between the servers…

Now i just forsee loads of players using the third server as means to pack another OCD and AM regardless of whether they are a donator, as its open to all.

again this is just my view as a player, OCD and AM are fantastic, I know the game is alpha and people are using that card as the reason it MUST be activated for a third time…but, also other servers have nothing like OCD an AM and that is proven to be popular also, Yea you may lose stuff, but its the sense of achivement when you have a full stocked ship or base, This was the chance to offer that for me and OFC if people lost ships/bases full of items we would be more willing to help them on that server due to this

but as expected the people have spoken and they want the warm blanket with them lol.

its all cool but i think the reason people are staying so long on starters for example currently is becuase not everyone like the OCD and AM, of course a small minority but i saw it as a way to really get back to game roots, but yea its alpha and bla bla bla we all like to hoarde the crap out of items :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Will there be any improvments to the hunter/pirate factions? Because right know there is little to no difference except that pirates have to accept parle and hunters can play piratestyle with no consequences.

[quote=“Achilles, post:102, topic:6238”]
Now i just forsee loads of players using the third server as means to pack another OCD and AM regardless of whether they are a donator, as its open to all.
[/quote]Yes I foresee this as well. IF there is gonna be an OCD there, it should be linked to the EU or NA one. But this is not possibly short-term so I rather see no OCD at all to prevent what Achilles is foreseeing.

as for every other player will have a potentially a better gaming
[/quote]Emphasis on “potential”. Because all those cores from the donator planets will massiveley move over to the origin planets and such. FPS drains are gonna be fun. Well Class 3 limit will help but still, core limit and core spam, we all know what that causes… It’s gonna happen again. And then admins will make new rules that limit us all even further and then even more whines and then etc…
But we need devs to fix this mess since 2.x. Not the server admins. It’s not their fault at all. They can not come up with good solutions because: There are none!

But I personally have a whole other problem with the OCD. Now that we have infinitum credits, no reason to recycle (OCD full) and no reason to buy NPC packages, no reason to trade (already capped on credits & OCD)… There is no reason to POI hunt, no reason to PVP other than for PVP-ing and no reason to trade at all.
Limiting credits & OCD (like now) means that trading = pointless to veterans and increasing it would enable it again but would imbalance the game even further. There is no perfect solution…

Why is my NPC Trader not selling anything? Well… Because of the above. Why I don’t bother selling stuff on market? Because of the above.

I found a trick to use the recycle option with a full OCD: have 1-2 slots with a few combat steel blocks in it (take all out except 1) and when you recycle, those slots will fill up and the other garbage (that won’t fit into the OCD anymore) will be discarded. Not ideal but yeah… Only way.

Yea you may lose stuff, but its the sense of achivement when you have a full stocked ship or base, This was the chance to offer that for me and OFC if people lost ships/bases full of items we would be more willing to help them on that server due to this
[/quote]More of a sense of “ADMIN I lost a ship with 5 million ores!!! I WANT HELP AND I DEMAND IT NOW BECAUSE I WRITE CAPS AND DONATED AND YOUR FAULT FOR NO OCD!!!”. J/k kidding of course but you can see the drama already no?

Primary personal reasons for me not playing a lot during 5.x and 6.x:

• No reason to trade
  • No reason to pillage (PVP)
  • No reason to POI hunt (I buy it from the market once for 200-400k credits (I get 600000 interest a day so is basically free) and I’m good for entire patch. Also no fun when I can’t solo POI-hunt I always need faction mates supporting me because of those douche bags who attack my CV parked outside the POI while I’m inside. Congratz on killing a pilotless ship from outside of turret range and whatnot.
  • Can’t make pretty houses because of limitations.
  • Can’t use most of the HWS features because, OCD is full. No point to buying ore miners for millions of credits because OCD foll, no point to NPC Traders, no point to etc.

All my reasons have been taken away for performance&balance reasons. I get it, I understand it I don’t blame the admins in any way for this. So please don’t get me wrong.
The above is all very personal. I always liked trading for the sake of having more stuff / hoarding and it’s never being put back into the game/economy really. But once you reach the limits, the game ends. You ‘beat the game’ in a sense. For traders & hoarders the endgame-cap is really low.

But again don’t get me wrong. This is the best server, I love the OCD, admins are doing a great job. No it’s not perfect but in the end it does seem that I can’t really enjoy it anymore. Some of the changes killed my personal reasons for playing this game. I’m probably alone in this so tough luck for me. I gotta wait for new changes some day.

its not that something is taken out if need little more to use CSW here and there. I rather take better perfomance and make compromises than want all and cant play most of the times, because terrible lag and crashes.