HWS RE v1.7 | New Season Information

Dear HWS RE Community,
on 25th December we started the v1.6 RE season and so, on around 25th March, we plan to start a new, v1.7 season. A lot of great stuff is coming and a massive thanks to Vermillion and Ravien!

Reforged Galaxy (RG) v1.7 got released yesterday, which you can read about here:

Next, Ravien has to merge RG into his Project Eden (PE) Scenario, which will then be the Scenario we host: Reforged Eden (RE).
He has not given a time yet, except “1-2 weeks”. After that, it’s my turn to merge few of my HWS additions to RE v1.7.
I hope you see the big chain procedure, which is way more difficult than you think.
Especially for such big updates, going through thousands of lines, one by one, is very tiredsome.

So yeah, let’s for now work with a full wipe on 25th March but don’t pin me down on it.
If anything on that time frame will change, I’ll let you know as always.

RE changes

Beside the changes from Ravien we don’t know yet, we already know about one of the biggest change: the Quantum Extender limit from “unlimited” to 10. This caused some heated, ugly discussions here and there.

Why the limit?

Well, while I’m not working on RE and the Creators have their own reasons, it’s a fact that there are proofs, that giving players no limits, it always ends bad in the long run.
The reason why we have structure limits, why there is Mass/volume, CPU, item stacksize limits, block limits and what not.
The better question would be rather: why there were no limits since day 1.
Anyways, be it videos, be it logs, be it support tickets from players, be it steam reviews and so on. The evidence is there, that no limits in Empyrion are one of the biggest culprits of crashes, low frames per seconds, disappearing / invisible ships and what not.
The game just can’t handle all of those data within a chunk - especially and mainly in Multiplayer, where it’s not only about the game code but also the network code.
I’m trying to improve Empyrion MP for 6+ years now and honestly without my interventions there wouldn’t be any successful MP server out there in the first place.

Another reason for limits is game content. If you have your monster ship with 160+ turrets, you can beat everything more or less easy. I see there are players on HWS RE that have over 300 Large Quantum Extender in their OCD. Over time, as history always shows, quantity brings boredom.
With improved performance due that limit, there is room for more gameplay content to “replace” it.
You will get new goals to fight / farm for. New reasons to go for rewards, because other CPU reducing items are a thing again.

So nobody should have the slightest reasons against limits. The question now is, why 10 and not 50 for example?
I can’t answer that and starting to negotiate over numbers here, will lead in the end still to discussions. For now it’s 10. Maybe it will change, maybe not.
Fact is: I don’t start a number merge conflict war. When RE has limit 10 set by design, they will work with that limit for the future. Maybe they will add a better version of the Advanced Core, which is doing the CPU math, based on the 10 Quantum limit. If I set the limit now to 50 or whatever, I eventually need to change their number for their new Advanced Core. And the rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper the more content they release.
At one point, if there are even Quests / PDA involved in such CPU rewards, I could start to work on HWS RE full time, making it my own HWS RE+ Scenario, which is not, what I want or can right now.

Yes, I know it’s unfortunate to rebuild your ship or to relearn how to beat enemies when you don’t have an overpowered ship or to join factions now, since you just have to beat enemies as a group now.

While we offer HWS Features, that are superior to Singleplayer and help solo players, it is in the end a multiplayer server.
But it’s not the first time you did this (?) nor will it be the last time (!). This game is always changing and adaption is key. Or do you think I’m looking forward to rework ALL planets soon, to the new planet decoration they advertised for v1.8? Hell no.

Btw. all the other servers that basically ignore all what I said above and let their server run without limits, will sooner or later regret it, trust me.

A HWS Compromise

So before some of you rage quit anyways, I thought about a compromise for all those, who just can’t / won’t accept adapting to the new limits.

With HWS v1.7 the HWS Elemental Garage will start its services!
That means up to max. 25 ships can be bought that have their very special benefits!

Be it more than 10 Quantum Extender, more than 12 Turrets or a Fusion Reactor on a SV? Who knows.

For those who are not familiar with the HWS Elemental Garage yet:

• Those are ships, that have special limits*, called Alien Technology™ (CV Thruster on a SV for example), look badass or are overall lucrative.
  • They cost Elemental Bank Credits and depending on your Origin as well as your Patron Tier you get % discounts on them.
  • You can buy them either via HWS Connect or ingame with a command ts:buy, when nearby.
  • After you bought one, a new one will automatically respawn after few minutes for others to buy.

If you think your ship is worth the spot, you can send me your blueprint and after a review I’ll list it for sale in HWS RE v1.7. Remember there are only limited slots available though.

If I get too many requests, we can implement a rotation system, where each month new set of ships are available to buy.

*For more information check out the HWS Elemental Garage Guide out, which I’ll update the next days.

HWS Changes

Let’s move on to our own HWS changes we plan to implement with HWS RE v1.7.

HWS Origins Rework Teaser

It’s coming for HWS+ but maybe we start with it for HWS RE v1.7 already - as test so to speak.
Since ever my goal was to make HWS Origins meaningful. After 6 years it’s about time, isn’t it?
The full rework is gonna happen in HWS+ but for RE we plan to:

• Give Engineers a global HWS Recycle usage from level 1. Other Origins are bound to EGS Recycle Zones, even with Recycle Level 5. (reminder you can buy EGS Recycle Zones too)
  • Give Explorers the Discovery Credit bonus back. Each Solar System you discovered first, gives you cumulative Elemental Bank credits
  • Give Dealer daily auto interests delivery
  • Give Fighter global OCD get usage (you still need a zone to put items in your OCD and all other Origins need the OCD Zone for both. The OCD Zone can be also bought.)
    OCD get usage will get streamlined with OAM. Every ocd:get outside of a zone, even for Fighter, will cost a fee. The fee is different between PvE and PvP and also different per OCD item category.

I’m excited to see your Faction Origin lineup!

More about the Origin Rework, how they will be lined up with Patron and more, will follow up soon.

More PvP incentives

To slightly push PvP and to make the Fighter Origin not just an OCD nobrainer, I’ll activate the PvP Radar Feature. Mean, when you have a Base with a Radar Blocksetup in PvP, which meets other various requirements too, you get Elemental Bank Credits and HWS XP.
More infos here: HWS Exploration Rewards (will be updated soon)

Events / Missions

Sorry, you heard this before but until there are still some exploits (infinite jetpack), I don’t want to roll the big drum yet. Just letting you know, I didn’t forget about those!

OCD Cleanup

Over the last season(s), some illegale items were recycled and put into the OCD - without letting us know. No worry but as always, we catch up sooner or later.
That means items that were not intended for players the organic way or intended to be gameplay rare, will be wiped from your OCD:

Click here for full list
Game Name Internal Name
Imperial Heavy Laser Battery TurretZiraxMSLaserT2
Imperial Heavy Plasma Battery TurretZiraxMSPlasmaT2
Imperial Heavy Missile Battery TurretZiraxMSRocketT2
TurretEnemyLaserWeapon TurretEnemyLaserWeapon
TurretEnemyRocketWeapon TurretEnemyRocketWeapon
TurretEnemyArtilleryWeapon TurretEnemyArtilleryWeapon
TurretEnemyBallistaWeapon TurretEnemyBallistaWeapon
TurretEnemyEMPWeapon TurretEnemyEMPWeapon
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponT2 TurretEnemyLaserWeaponT2
TurretEnemyPlasmaWeapon TurretEnemyPlasmaWeapon
Zirax Laser Cell TurretEnemyLaserCharge
Zirax Heat-Seeking Rocket TurretEnemyRocketAmmo
Zirax Artillery Shell TurretEnemyArtilleryAmmo
Zirax EMP Charge TurretEnemyEMPCharge
Disruptor Charge TurretEnemyLaserChargeT2
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponBlack TurretEnemyLaserWeaponBlack
TurretEnemyLaserChargeBlack TurretEnemyLaserChargeBlack
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponBlue TurretEnemyLaserWeaponBlue
TurretEnemyLaserChargeBlue TurretEnemyLaserChargeBlue
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponCyan TurretEnemyLaserWeaponCyan
TurretEnemyLaserChargeCyan TurretEnemyLaserChargeCyan
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponGreen TurretEnemyLaserWeaponGreen
TurretEnemyLaserChargeGreen TurretEnemyLaserChargeGreen
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponOrange TurretEnemyLaserWeaponOrange
TurretEnemyLaserChargeOrange TurretEnemyLaserChargeOrange
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponPurple TurretEnemyLaserWeaponPurple
TurretEnemyLaserChargePurple TurretEnemyLaserChargePurple
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponRed TurretEnemyLaserWeaponRed
TurretEnemyLaserChargeRed TurretEnemyLaserChargeRed
TurretEnemyLaserWeaponYellow TurretEnemyLaserWeaponYellow
TurretEnemyLaserChargeYellow TurretEnemyLaserChargeYellow
Ballista (Plasma Charged) TurretEnemyBallistaCharged
TurretEnemyPulseWeapon TurretEnemyPulseWeapon
Laser Turret (Alien) TurretEnemyLaser
Missile Turret (Alien) TurretEnemyRocket
Artillery Turret (Alien) TurretEnemyArtillery
EMP Turret (Alien) TurretEnemyEMP
Ballista TurretEnemyBallista
TurretEnemyBlack TurretEnemyBlack
TurretEnemyBlue TurretEnemyBlue
Lightning Cannon TurretEnemyCyan
TurretEnemyGreen TurretEnemyGreen
TurretEnemyOrange TurretEnemyOrange
Dark Matter Cannon TurretEnemyPurple
TurretEnemyRed TurretEnemyRed
TurretEnemyYellow TurretEnemyYellow
Dreadnought Shield Generator (POI) ShieldGeneratorPOIT2
Sathium Deposit SathiumResource
Copper Deposit CopperResource
Promethium Deposit PromethiumResource
Iron Deposit IronResource
Silicon Deposit SiliconResource
Neodymium Deposit NeodymiumResource
Magnesium Deposit MagnesiumResource
Cobalt Deposit CobaltResource
Erestrum Deposit ErestrumResource
Zascosium Deposit ZascosiumResource
Gold Deposit GoldResource
Pentaxid Deposit PentaxidResource
Titanium deposit TitanResource
Imperial Plasma Artillery Cannon TurretZiraxMSPlasmaArtillery

I hope I could clarify some points, make some excited for HWS RE v1.7 and overall wish you a great time on HWS!

Your HWS Team

5 Likes

This looks awsome. And i agree, limits is there for a reason, and that reason is mostly to make things better.

3 Likes

Everything looks solid except the Fighter change.

Allowing Fighters to have OCD zone everywhere will completely break the game and ruin the logistic aspects of the game. It will also get abused.

Why choose any other race when I have the power of the OCD anywhere in the galaxy. There will be no reason for volume boxes anymore if I can get anything from my OCD at will. And it will ruin whatever little PVP there is by allowing factions to keep spawning ships, bases for hours and it comes to a point in which side wants to quit first because it becomes a war of attrition.

Please revert this change ASAP.

3 Likes

Love all these changes except the global ocd get, that would be extremely op in pvp areas at least, since you’d basically be giving me a functionally infinite ammo magazine and infinite fuel tank

Everything else is golden though some great changes up there.
Also I’m 100% down for a HWS RE+ that sounds awesome :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome back!

Harsh words for something we plan to do, thus waiting for constructive feedback.

I don’t like rhetorical questions. Look up for the benefits for other Origins.

That someone can pull stuff out of the OCD is not infinite. I think it would be a great incentive for PvP, especially casuals. Sooner or later they have to restock which then is an incentive for PvErs to farm it for their PvP mates again. Also driving economy up, since the ask/demand cycle increases.

As I wrote more details will be released but since we are here already: OCD get will be streamlined with OAM. Means you have to pay fee per item you get out, when not in a zone. Taking credits away from economy, helping against inflation and making it a decisional act, when to put items out for “attrition” or not. The fees on PvP are higher than on PvE, so it for sure won’t be infinite.
Also the fee is based on the OCD Category. An Ultra Epic item to get is way more expensive than a Common on for example.
It all can be balanced quite nicely but giving more tactics, more incentives overall in my opinion and what I heard from others feedback.

Sure there will. Or how you gonna drop 50000 Large Generators in one SV Container?

Can you please explain in a constructive way, how you think a Fighter only (right now the least picked HWS Origin across the board) feature, with the given more details, have a negative impact on the gameplay overall?

Hi Rex, one question please about the things which are going to be removed from OCD, I see you put the Disrupter charges, even through we earned these from Zirax ships and bases, so why remove them from OCD? Thanks

10 Quantum’s , NOT FAIR . NOT FAIR and yes NOT FAIR . Disrupter charges too , wow , why we need OCD , to collect what , or to build what , since we are limited to 10 Quantum’s .

2 Likes

Hi DarkKnight,
oh, let me recheck.

I have only used one in two seasons :smirk:

on this note, Zirax Laser Cell, Zirax Heat-Seeking Rocket and Zirax Artillery Shell are also found in loot in larger quantities

i have also looted Alien Plasma Charge, Advanced Plasma Charge, Zirax EMP Charge, although in smaller quantities

and i am talking only about things i looted in first month of current season, not playing much lately

1 Like

@DarkKnight @Marko
I doubled checked and also asked Vermillion.
There is a misunderstanding…

My table is correct but Vermillion used the same names for legit player items and illegale NPC items. See here:

So I just make sure that the real illegale items are not allowed, just in case, even if nobody have them in their OCD right now.
Your legit player items like ID 5734 are fine.

Thanks Rex

I will have to think more on the other changes but one issue that stands out to me instantly is the engineer/recycle change… I understand that you have to give the other origins something good to compete with fighter’s OCD pull in RE, but that shouldn’t mean taking away already established features that were previously available to everyone after spending in game currencies; with this change, in order to recycle bases you literally have to be the engineer origin or spend real money whereas before you could recycle things fine if you spent ingame money/rp.

ETA: is the legitimately obtained Disruptor Cannon safe in the OCD? I looted it from a container ID 2194

I was still thinking about the new Quantum limit, the problems I read is about 100++ Quantum CVs…
You don’t think 10 is too extreme? I mean, goin large CV can be fun without being EXTREMELY LARGE…
For guys who like create nice looking CV as me it’s barely impossible to put more than 40 turrets… The only way to make small CV with suffisent Turrets is to go with wings over wings with loads of turrets stacked on it… These builds looks ugly AF…
So I tought a solution would be too double the turrets damage, divide their maximum quantity by 2. Less turrets equals less projectiles it would help to have the server more stable, and we would still be able to build decent size ship without goin turrets crowd style…
My two cents, I really appreciate your work guys!

1 Like

It’s not about compete. It’s about making each Origin meaningful, giving each their own HWS Feature ability.
If recycle is important to you, just pick it or use the HWS Quadrolith to change Origins during the season.

Exactly that is what needs to be done, to make each Origin individually.
It’s also a bigger incentives for factions to create their mix. But even Solos, as I said, have the Quadrolith.

cool, Are you bringing over the t.e.a.m. industries thing too? That was tedious but allows for people to upgrade factions one at a time… for those who want to do it one faction at a time…

Not for v1.7

@RexXxuS Thanks so much for all this info.

Tomorrow would mark 14 days since this was initially posted, and since Raven gave an estimate of 1-2 weeks for merging PE into RG to produce RE 1.7, have you heard any updates as to whether he’ll be hitting that mark?

Welcome back,
Friday 25th is still the plan.

Looks like Raven hit the mark. : ) Steam Workshop::Reforged Eden Test 1.7