HWS (RexXxuS & Jascha) AMA (Ask me anything) | Saturday 6-8pm

lets play online one time =) still running =)

1 Like

would there be plans to higher the cv class for pvp ?

in hws connect is the button hws connect skill tree, on the second tab there are origin skills when will them be availeble

Yes! I planned for some time “Independence Day” for example. Or some might remember the “Alien Invasion” in HWS 2-3 ? It was fun acting as Aliens and invade players bases. It’s time consuming but fun.

Regarding overall PvE story it’s planned too. I created placeholders already like the Prototype, Clones, Professor Void, Giants, Alien Worm.
It is just like writing a book… I want to make it like a Singleplayer campaign, you know? Deep story… would be cool

1 Like

I have a question for you both…, I have a friend that says that the server is a pay to win server and thats why he wont play, how would you convince him to play in HWS instead of any other server?

There are many games where you can buy “visual” things, like cs:go where you can buy gun models etc, i think that would be a great deal of microtransactions for eleon or hws, is that even possible to do or are there something that prevents it? you could basicly apply even own textures to blocks and colors etc…

No, rather reduce, cause Class 7 in Homeworld System / Black Hole is not nice.
But it’s rather a topic about “warping away” / ramming. Also, Alpha 9 might be interesting regarding this

1 Like

:frowning:
Lets hope. But honestly I think this will take a long time. Not because its too complicated, but the way it was done/started…

definetly. I guess I forgot :expressionless:
Wrinting it down now . Will be done in the next days

Yeah. I would sell (rent) servers for games like empyrion xD

ask the friend to tell you what is pay to win thingy in hws.

True - good engineering has allowed some of us to overcome the worst effects of the increased lagshots, but being shot out of your cockpit with no external damage occurring can get annoying. Not that it has happened to me for a while :slight_smile:

would there be plans to increase the server model running, you tried it last year and it failed, plans for trying again ?

Well Im pretty sure he meant the donation stuff, where you get your own planet and resources etc.

I see nothing wrong with that… The server isnt free for hosting

:slight_smile: my goal is Alpha 9 = HWS 9. It’s quite complex though and @Jascha kills me… all the crazy stuff I request from him… But the first step is to polish the Skill Tree in general.
Maybe up to 10 000 health over the runtime of 90 days. So long term players will really get an advantage.
Maybe even map it to the origin.
Lawless = max. 10k health but rest 5k
Alliance = 10k Food
Freelancer = 10k stamina…
Will see

Sadly no. Even with good design (cv) — devices inside get shot out.

Quite recently there is a group polarizing this topic.
I welcome everyone to discuss it in a mannered way.
I can show you any situation where a non-paying guy can win against a paying guy.
There are packages but none of them are created to “win” against others. You can call it rather “exchange”.
If he has concerns he can discuss it with me.

Or if it’s bigger I’m always open for feedback and which supporter package is really “p2w”.
So far I got the feedback there is none. Especially since you can get all of them with HWS Ingots now.

Other thing currently is the anti-clipping fix. Works too well ---- turrets not shooting when they should.

I suggested cosmetics to Eleon already but I guess it’s too early for it. Too bad… would be cool to have at least custom Textures

1 Like

we thought about trying a better one again. Also since new models come out. But the real problem is the game. We failed so often since a bigger server does not make much of a difference anymore. Empyrion is just to performance hungry right now.
But we have it in mind.

Also: Server changes always have bad effects (lost bp etc due to cache)… and it means a LOT of work to get them running again. Also downtimes.
“Never change a running system” is also an important proverb we learned the hard way

Actually there is a way to do this… quite easily… which i won’t tell here, and don’t worry im not doing it

Some are just bugged. Retractable base arty for example,