HWS (RexXxuS & Jascha) AMA (Ask me anything) | Saturday 6-8pm

What exactly? A third server?

and i ment dual universe =D hehe… so many out there now =) and agree, hard topic

Do you design the custom playfields yourself such as Atlantis and some of the more exotic ones in previous seasons like Season 6?

The dia-show you see is one reason of that.
Maybe if we change the weight, make stuff slower, everything poofs away as “fixed”…

have you got plans to stop the russian overload on GoldenGlobe and give new players the chance to get some gold om GG (Rex you know me and my ally, ist not a question for our Players :wink: )

I will tell him that :wink:

Yes, I design all universes myself. Atlantis was planned for quite a while. The idea to drill to a treasure, you know?
The Commodity Trader made it real in the end :slight_smile:
Each new universe needs about 4 weeks to make.
1 weeks only pen and paper, sketching the layout and “main idea”. Each universe follows a “main idea”.
Then I start with POIs, then PDA, then raw ideas like gravity, resource distribution, NPCs.
In the end I put everything together in the EPD tool.
But everytime 2 weeks are missing until now for testing…

I think it would be not “racial” discrimination but more like Tribal discrimination to not let people play as they play. Russians are people too, you might not like them but they have the same chance than everyone else.

1 Like

aaaaand my last question I hope :stuck_out_tongue: ,

Can the battles be fixed since last time I was in a 1 v 1 situation with a cv in cebo orbit it lagged so much… not fps lags but like game lags or I dont really know… everytime I shot the game would freeze like 1-2 seconds and then resume… quite annoying to be honest.

Any ideas if this would be fixed in a near future?

Everyone can form alliances and attack them, right? :wink: Also their stuff on REDiska.
Regarding new players: you can chill in PvE and still get gold => Phoenix, EGS Missions for example.
I think this season everyone can get what he/she is looking for. That is quite new I have to admit.

2 Likes

@Jascha i often, like everyone, have contact to Rex but you are the “programming ghost behind the scene” tell us some Facts about you

The more there are “stuff” in the air it makes the game harder to coop, maybe its your connection or your settings or your computer but something is cousing that. think how laggy it is when few cvs are bashing each other… been there done that.

As I said above, maybe the Class Size was the reason. Maybe it wasn’t a Class 1 CV fight.
And maybe because CVs are fast as heck.
If we slow down everything (thruster force, RCS force, more weight) maybe the game engine can keep up faster with damage calculations etc.
We have to test / wait for Alpha 9

3 Likes

Have you and Jascha ever thought of branching out EAH and Connect to other games of even different genres like 7 Days to Die?

yeah, my friend had the same issue… my internet is quite good, I think its just the objects in the server, when I hosted mine and battled my mate we wouldnt lag like this.

Yes!
If we would not have to deal with some drama / issues / crazy ideas for Empyrion, our long term goal is to expand to other games :slight_smile:
HWS Connect should be fine. EAH, I don’t know. Depends how the other game would handle the game infrastructure.
We had “luck” with Empyrion and its raw state 2-3 years ago. We could “form” it a bit.
Other games are established already…
Only idea for now was to create more Empyrion HWS servers (HWS RU, HWS US)… not sure yet.

HWS asia would be my bet if you want to advance…

3 Likes

When you put in the Invader ship again? I have seen the last garage ships and i dont like, they just dont feel garage ships… :frowning:

Once we can handle oversized ships in a better way.
It’s not that cool if you go with a Class 7 ship to a Class 1 planet (Golden Globe) and kill everything around with modified Base Turrets on a CV while the DSL is still loading the base…

get serwinther and verts on the game =D hehe