Idea: PVP Arena

We have Stargates, we have missions but we lack PVP arenas.

I suggest making PVP Arenas, for each type of PVP (HV, SV, CV, FPS).

The arena is on an unreachable destination (like missions) and the event starts every hour, it can last up to 50 minutes.
The arena is free for all, no teams allowed.

A max number of players are accepted (whoever types the command first or enters the teleporter first).

One one person is permitted to warp back at the end with two options:

1. Everyone is dead except one, he can use a command like PVP:warp-back
  2. More than one person is alive when time runs out: the one in the center location can use the command, everyone else dies.

For FPS Arena a simple teleporter like a mission would work out, everyone is teleported to a random place on the destination arena.
For HV/SV/CV a stargate can be used.

Only one rule would need to be applied: no premade teams, true free-for-all.

3 Likes

Just a random idea:
Access to the arena could be paid with RP and reward could be RP as well :slight_smile:
Plus any items you loot from the killed enemies in the time you’ve.

Another random idea:
Add PVP experience to characters :slight_smile:
If someone kills a player he’ll get experience for the kill (depending on the XP of the player killed) and the player killed loses XP.
This would completely replace the killboard main stat.
Right now you can see the alliances hunting for the newbies and noobs as much as they can, placing traps everywhere to get a simple kill.
What if such a kill isn’t worth much if it’s a noob ?

With XP we’d have a much more meaningful PVP highscore and it’s easy to implement.

this idea forwarded:
1v1 arenas could be implemented

CB:ARENA:1v1:entry
-> matchmaking starts
as soon as someone else (anywhere in the world) does the same command and is in your league (XP) you both get teleported after a 5 minute warning.

interesting idea. Additionally, you can implement 2vs2, 3vs3 5vs5.

Mostly RP and gold bets. You can also enter a table in connect about upcoming battles, so that you can see who, how many opponents and what reward (for finding opponents)

I’d just start simple, make a test if people like it.
1v1 FPS arena, no xp, no matchmaking … just a teleport or CB command where 2 random people can enter and fight each other.

I bet it would be used a lot.
If people love it, make more and better :slight_smile:
It could be something that sets HWS FAR away from other servers, no one has anything remotely matching that.

This post reminds me of a similar suggestion i made about 7 months ago. Some of the replies i got were trolly but the suggestion was good.

Here: TDM Instance

1 Like