Just remove this tiny tiny stack size nonsense

:rofl:

GTFO dude

I am just here to give my feedback regarding the stack sizes aswell, we all have been waiting long for HWS+ and from my point of view it was for the pvp.

When i first tried to test Reforged eden i recognized it was really hard to have bigger stacks, evryone was saying if you want that you need to play on normal HWS servers.

I understand RexXxus what you trying to do, but this is just gonna make the pvp even more useless, since people won’t risk their ships after they spent entire day to just put in 200 size stacks to the factory, and not even talk about the furnace plants, you need trillions of cargo boxes, refilling ships with ammo is also an big task.

People come to HWS to have fun, not become some grindy mmo where you need to spend months to get somewhere.
Remember this Universe wipes evry 3 month if am not correct? if you gonna spend more than half that just grinding for an ship… really fun.

My suggestion is that you need to build HWS + around everyone, not just trying to target the OCD people, New people who join here is confused, and having to pay 500k for an skill rewind at ECC is not quite cheap for them.

People should not be punished for waiting this long for HWS+ if you want to make changes to inventory, then you change it in a much less aggressive way.

Really clueless to why you just target inventory size, when there is plenty of other stuff you could limit, you knew people had alot of stuff in OCD, almost feels like you did it on purpose to be mean to old people returning.

Question for RexXxus, do you want an fun universe, or an grindy one, you can’t have both, that what people were having their hopes up for, that Reforged Eden would be the more grindy pve universe, and HWS+ the more pvp oriented sandbox sort of server. as it has been in the past, if we now gonna have 2 pve grindy servers? what makes HWS+ better than Reforged Eden?

Disregard this :smiley: i managed to find you could quick train the stack size at the skill trainer, was not possible before.

1 Like

How about we test the config, give the HWS team time to tweak? Im not a fan of the stack size either…less loot to rob from your wreck when Im done, but damn, its what day 2 or 3?

1 Like

As devils advocate I’ll just say i was slightly traumatised by the stack size but it has forced me to plan a bit more what I build and when, and now how I empty a POI of it’s goodies… I like that as the planning and preperation stuff is part of my gameplay kick BUT… I just lost the easy 5k gold from the dude in ECC you give an autominer to as I couldn’t pick up the coins he dropped - nearly emptied my entire inventory on floor in a panic but still couldn’t pick them up to put in the cashpoint 5m away… there were bad words.

1 Like

Wonder how they gonna solve the daily rewards once you gonna get the 25k, 50k gold stacks :smiley:

2 Likes

I had such an amazing time converting gold coins to credits. It took me only 3 hours to move 13 millions.
I really have the time for this interesting ocd:get + CoinToCr commands. It took me just 12 cycles for one stack of coins(only 56 stacks left). I am certain I will be ready for the 2024 season . My only concern is why we have 200 in a stack, why not a smaller ones like 5 (for non supporters ofc). I am eager to reach the final daily reward of 100k coins, for sure I will book a vacation to manage it.

Smart and well thought improvement, keep it up.

2 Likes

Regarding this stack thing unfortunately I will stand with crowd.
As a person who involved in GD I see what you want to achieve. But every progression have to have logical explanation for people to be easily adopted for instance: if you progress with damage you learn to shoot better to do higher damage, or let’s say FTL jumps you learn how more optimally use fuel for a warp drive.

What is the logical explanation of stacking progression? You learn how to stack things better? It’s dumb especially in SCI FI universe, where robots or/and AI have to do this for you.

I really think that problem lays deep in the non intuitive solution and the real question here is: “why I have to learn how to stack basic shit together if I better learn to shoot or fly better or construct ships with better capacity”.
How as a player you will associate yourself with learning to stack things better?

Yes mass/volume system is a frustration point in this game but at least it have some logic behind.

1 Like

Ok, let me try to explain simply then.
If you are a 3 year old baby, how many watermelons can you carry in a backpack and run around?
If you are a 30 year old man, how many watermelons can you carry in a backpack and run around then?
Do you see where we are going?
Stack Size can be seen as “strength”, like other RPGs have as skill.

In many other games you can’t skill your stack size of items but buy/get a whole slot for your containers or player backpack (No Mans Sky, Zelda, other RPGs). Same explanation of getting stronger or general upgrade progression, rewarding the player to carry more around over time.
Skilling Stack Size is a novelty I had to implement, because that was the only thing I could custom mod.
Neither can I add whole slots (backpacks are limited to 49), nor can I mod the Volume Capacity on the fly.
That is the explanation of it and I hope you see it’s indeed logical.

Why do I think it’s superior than the Volume system?
The volume system is still not well accepted or different put: in combination with our features like OCD, it does not work well. The reason why I had in the old season volume capacity of millions, which ruined immersion anyways.
The new system fixes all of that and gives us progression as well, something we had not with 50000 stack sizes for everything.
So again, it comes down to: do players want progression or sandbox freedom mode 50000 stack size for everything?

3 Likes

If your looking for better progression why is the OCD not limited by stack size Aswell? I mean you go through all these reasons of other games do it. Other games don’t have an off world huge stack size why does OCD? If you want to be like other games then you have to remake everything from the ground up using the other games balance. First you need to at a minimum make sure the overall implementation isn’t negative towards new players. One big example I have noticed is the stack size of spoiled food is absurdly low you give an example of carrying limited by strength ish however I’m sure 100 spoiled food weighs and should stack higher than say ingots. What I’m saying is stick to a balance theme and balance everything from the beginning before implementing something that will drive new players away.

the OCD does have limited stack sizes. this can be increased by upgrading the level. higher levels have higher stack sizes.

1 Like

I’m responding to the fact the stack sizes don’t match in game stack sizes

to be fair the OCD was intended as a storage shed for surviving a wipe. was never meant to be a virtual backpack with instant access. this is part of the changes coming soon. OCD anywhere access will be limited in the future.

This example with watermelons is about weight not about stack size so you missing your own point in here.
If you wish to compare stack sizes than you need to compare something like hair amount which is almost the same between younger and adult. In practice its no matter of any human body any shapes age or experience rather you can hold 10 of 1 ton blocks or 100 of 1 ton blocks because you physically can`t do it in anyway and its nonsense.
It would make more sense if you were upgrading your suit and/or your devices (containers/computers) but if so it should be represented in game differently.
Take a notice in games you mentioned you do exactly it - you upgrade your devices or suits/backpacks but not your skill of stacking things better.

In overall stack size cannot be represented as “strength” in any possible way coz its logically incorrect.
I do understand what you want to achieve and I do understand that modding not giving all freedom of choice of how to implement your ideas, I am just saying it is irrational and have no “game logic” behind thus breaking connection between gamer and game and gives filling of “bugged” or redundant mechanic which makes more confusion and frustration than achievement feeling.

You are not feeling that you want to increase your stack sizes in order to become better you frustrated of the fact THAT YOU MUST do it as soon as possible or progression cannot be done.

1 Like

here’s a better analogy, as a child you can only hold a small backpack. as an adult you can hold a much larger backpack. basically stack size and volume have been fighting each other since volume became a thing. should be one or the other, not both. either an unlimited stack size with volume on or limited stack sizes with volume off. we basically have been using 2 volume mechanics for a long time.

3 Likes

No its not better, you still can give a child huge ass backpack and he can stack there as much as he wants but he will not be able to bring it coz of weight limit.

1 Like

that’s my point, a child can’t carry a giant large heavy backpack. but an adult can. there is no strength modifier in the game so that’s why we’re using stack size instead

1 Like

What!?! … …Ehm… … you do realize… that weight and strength are physical components that go hand in hand ???
Either you are strong enough to carry 10 Watermelons or not!

That makes absolutely no sense.
You totally must not do it and still can play the game. Like you can not upgrade your backpack in No Mans Sky. But it’s of course better to upgrade…

which is almost the same as upgrading your stack size! If you have two boxes with 1 apple in it each or 1 box with 2 apples in it.

Nah, so far you didn’t proof a single point and it rather sounds like you just answered my question already:

is this really so important you don’t mind driving people away ? Judging by the numbers playing, people have tried and immediately go back to RE. I was expecting it be the other way round, 111 on HWS+ and 8 on HWS RE. The majority of players are never vocal at all, but i bet one deciding factor to quit is the new stack size. They do what i did, see a nonsensical ‘new’ feature decide it’s absolute bolox and move on. Defend all you want Bob, but you’re so very wrong here.

1 Like

Ok I see no constructive feedback is given and not even realizing that much changed since last time.

HWS+ is in Alpha and many don’t like fiddling around with work in progress - I wouldn’t either maybe.
All that matters is: this will be worked on and I just need damn time. A lot of time. And I can only ask nicely of having more patience.

2 Likes