Lag Shots Are Back 100%

how about inviting OP4, ACP and other key factions to actually help pave the way the game moves.

Saying that I do still think the game is fun to play and we do appreciate the time that goes into keeping it
going however just the little things keep letting it down.

another suggestion is instead of relying on AFT to guess what we want, put out a survey and I guarantee
all OP4 members will fill it in.

2 Likes

The problem with removing manual fire from turrets is that the old bug where turrets never load themselves after placing still happens. What I mean is 90% of all the turrets I place don’t work until AFTER you manually control them and reload.

Eleon just really needs to change the code so manual fire turrets have exact same range as auto fire. It’s stupid that it can magically shoot further just because someone is in it.

1 Like

I have to step in to this bully ego party.

We announced HUNDREDS of times to PLEASE test our Config on EXP server. And did YOU do it? Who knows, probably not. Did you ask for the Config for private testing? No. Others did.
A.F.T is one of the best PvP player in the whole game and knows the game for sure better than 80% of people here. We did test together and most importantly
WE made hundreds of time sure that this is an iteration process. Until we find the “perfect” Config it will cost time and testing and time over and over again. If you can’t handle it and blame instead, there is the door.

A.F.T spend hundreds of hours in trying to figuring out so much. It is a much better PvP than before by tons of percent. But all I see are unthankful people, crying because they lost stuff because of the oldest game mechanic in the game: manual shooting has always a higher range than automatic fire. No crap Sherlock.
And by it’s nature it is a good gameplay because it encourages two players to play together. One is scoping / scouting, the other is adjusting the long range shot. The common disadvantage: you can harass them in their “bunker”. Common war strategy and weak spot of artillery.

If you feel better by mention this bullshit, please go ahead. Or maybe you can just create your own server and try to establish a PvP community out of nothing?
Have fun.

I won’t write anything further here, I just hope if AFT wakes up he won’t see this mess and instead constructive feedback in which line of the Config.ecf he needs to adjust what numbers to have a better gameplay. Oh wait…

1 Like

Nobody here has cried about losing anything, we are explaining the turret ranges etc. I am posting video’s clearly showing what is happening. Did you take the time to watch that? Is that how you want bases to be taken? I am trying to help just as much as others, including A.F.T I understand he is helping improve the PvP experience for all of us but isn’t this the place where we give examples of bad gameplay or footage of broken mechanics? I am not trying to “troll” this post or anything related to that.

I am here to help! I enjoy playing on HWS and always have. I want to see improvements just as bad as everyone else. You saying “A.F.T Knows the game for sure better than 80% of the people here” really… I can sit in a flak turret and snipe bases alone but that is not what the community wants I’m 90% sure. https://youtu.be/FpHl3gLqo8c I would use the config file and test etc but I personally do not know what I am doing so I haven’t tried. I offered to help somebody that does know a little more about it. I personally have nothing against A.F.T or his movement to help improve the PvP experience. I appreciate all the time he spends on it and all the time you guys spend on the server. We all just want a balanced PvP environment!

Rex I am sorry it was badly received, true I probably overstepped the mark saying

“unless they donate lots of money of course” apologies’

AFTs ability in PVP is not in question, all I am saying now as I was in my post is that if u support a community
it is important to get customer feed back. I know this role out has been not to fun for us all but we really do enjoy supporting u and HWS.

all we ask in return is listen/read our feedback. clearly there are a few questions that people have, all that is needed is a clear answer and no more.

1 Like

Small unofficial survey to help A.F.T get a feel of what everyone is thinking about game balance here chaz what you requested hope it helps A.F.T in some way.

Thanks Androniko1 OP4 filling it in now I would suggest posting it in multiple threads so it has a larger footprint.

Hello all! I see you have fun here!

I try to explain. The most important - even now BA vs BA battle without defenders = RIP. I can’t change game mechanics by config.

About testing. I make tons ot testing but NO matter WHAT turret will be most long ranged. Manual fire always add some +50m to it range. In the first versions of the config 30mm cannons have maximum range and good dmg to turrets. To prevent placing bases on foot and give little threat to manual turrets fire and you need tons of time to use it for a sniping enemy turrets (and it gives a chance to defenders). But it is shoot throught terrain and all starts cry. Ok i remake it.

About Flak vs Arty. Please be honest what you want: 1. Taking damage from not to powerfull flack with some time. 2. Takes giants holes into base, one-two shoot killed (or insta kills turrets on guarding HV) you turrets?

Why arty not the long range weapon:

1. Read upper.

2. We all want more range for CV in the space. But devs nerf a atmo density influense to weapons range - and i cant make CV long range without BA long range - to balance it in the space. And i make ALL BA\CV turets +100m range. And RexXxuS increase atmo density on some planets to make BA less ranged. BUT on most PVP planets it is 500-550m. So what you want when you go to recon on SV - 1. Take some shoots from long ranged Flaks 2. Take heavy arty shoot and left the recon zone (WITHOUT information) but with giant holes into you SV?

3. Arty now homing - becasue of that it not the most ranged weapon.

4. Arty vs Flak have only 60m for space disadvantage. On planet it is 24-30m.

5. And i IDK why you cant understand it, if you PVP players with tons of playhours. You know all of it not bad than i’am. Make plasma most ranged - all start sniping from it

6. About WW2 comparing and etc…Even now we (mankind) have artillery shells with some guidance. And Empyrion it is Sci-fi game. No need compare it to the old real world. But even if we start make it. Mattcore write try - about German gun. So Flak it is little artillerty just look at it more closer!

7. And if you dont try to understand overal line of the BA balance. I make ranges more close to each-other to make BA more tight. 30-50 meters from range most powerfull turrets. And even i make all turrets with the SAME range - we cant defeat BA sniping. SO WHERE THE GAME BRAKING?
    Use SV\HV to take enemy BA not the BA vs BA battle and all be good. I have TONS of video like Colin show too. And BA turrets have verry bad CPU and shooting not were they should sometimes.

colin2cold
I agree with the 1 SV soloing a base reply. That’s completely understandable. It’s the same right now with flak turrets, you can solo any base in the game with flak turrets now.

You can do the same with the arty before.

And Colin i do not swear or blame to you. I just try explain to all with my not great English language writings. (Just imagine if i start write in Russian and you try to translate it by google) Yeah i can read and understand very good. But writing sometimes terrible for me.

P.S. Like i see most of players do not understand the main goal of the config. Reduce lags, makes fights more fast a little, try to solved some game problems (like bullets weapons, SV weapons in the space, BA strenght)

**I say again:

1. JUST try look into confing and try to change comething. And then try to balance it with each-other. Eating popcorn and working it is not the same.

2. Leave CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. The more tests\info we got the more better changes we can make. And forget about Flak and arty - i explain it upper. But if you want i can make it range the same. For arty lovers.

1 Like

Your entire response was both egotistical and proves what people are saying.
You only listen to certain players. Rex you have the biggest ego of anyone, but it’s your
server so your entitled.

There was no polls asking for player input on forums. Even after multiple players asked for it in the
meta announcement forum. If I missed them please post link and I’ll gladly apologize. By AFT’s own admission he doesn’t know what players want. So why not have polls before making changes. Again
we are back to only certain players opinion’s matter

As for testing, No one believes hundreds of hours of testing was done. The HWS meta was only
announced shortly before the wipe. So either the decisions were made prior to that announcement
which clearly means only certain players were allowed input or minimal testing was done.

So basically we either agree and if we don’t. If we cant handle it, there is the door.

Well I better quit before I am labeled a terrorist and get banned from forums. Been banned from
discord for 3 seasons because of the last time I disagreed with you.

Tower automatic range is fine, manual range is not :confused: that’s why I ask only for BA Flak and Ba Arty to only have these change’s for both:

IsActivateable: false
IsActivateableInCP: false

game will have same balance but no exploit, problem fixed :], maybe when Eleon fixes it we can put manual fire on again until then this is the most logical solution.

Understandable but at the same time that 1 turret that is slowly killing your base will have lots and lots of defense, its not like a strategy game where one catapult is killing the base and you have to advance the troops to take it out, its like an enemy tower rushing your base which is one of the biggest cheese in RTS games xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMkWQ4lDY as you can see by the comment at the end, it was not a fun fight, where both parties enjoy the fight. One has fun trolling while the other breaks his monitor.
Sadly this will lead to empty pvp planets again, which I felt like this config was trying to address as well.

1 Like

I can see both in a practical sense not wanting Flak to outrange the Arty but also see why it would make sense that it would in Empyrion for the reasons AFT stated.

I think a good compromise is leave Flak as it is but make it so you can’t manually fire it. Leave Arty so you can still manually fire it. That is a compromise for all parties involved including the party of “a manual gun should fire farther” party.

As for the config, sure it could use improvements, but as stated many times this season is the “testing” phase for the config. This will be the 100s of hours of iterations and testing to get a rock solid config file.

In the end even after all the iterations and all the testing not everyone will be happy. The best we can hope for is a config with good compromises so that everyone is “ok” with it as you’ll never make everyone happy. People want different things from the combat.

Personally I’d like to see in the next iteration of the config file.

1. HV armor buffed slightly
  2. Flak guns not able to be manually controlled
  3. CVs drastically reduced speed wise.
  4. CVs damage increased against CVs

I have more things but taking care of those 4 would do a lot of good in my opinion. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Just for the public record:

I point you to your toxic behavior and yet again you start and insult me on a personal level?
Seriously?

It’s enough. You are out on HWS forever.

So many complained about you. So much I tolerated and thought, nah, he got it now.

I refunded your latest 90€ donator space donation as a gentle act and wish you all the best somewhere else.

RexXxuS

Flaks manual fire blame…?! :thinking:

1 Like

O!!! brilliant I see now how to fix it :smiley: nice test, so we been doing the opposite, your on akua right? very low atmospheric pressure that’s why the range is so far, I think what is happening is that manual fire is kept the same when atmospheric pressure goes higher but auto range goes down, so if we make atmospheric light on all planets then the auto will be same range as manual. But then we would either need to make anti grief smaller so it only effects digging under the base as guns will have 500 range and anti grief 300 or make anti grief 550.

This is my guess but if you do the same test but make the atmospheric pressure double your test will be very different.

No there is no ATMO. Atmo density have influense to all ranges… Just prototype… and i cant understand finaly how it works and why…

I need make massive test on the live server… to find the golden point. Maybe it can solved the sniping issue. But too much time need for it. So take it just like a TEASER.

p.s. It is not ATMO density… Atmo just cut all ranges of all. It is another. Maybe just massive old BUG…i mean manual firing with more range.

1 Like

Massive time if its only you if everyone helps it will be a lot quicker :], but yes There must be a golden point I have a funny feeling your test is that golden point if we can use the settings from that planet it should be good.

IF I can figure out how to change atmospheric density I can do a test and show the difference then we can make better changes when we see exactly how everything is effected.

Well simple test to prove that its not atmospheric density would be to up atmospheric density 20x stronger, if my thinking is correct then auto guns will fire 2.5m manual guns hundreds of meters, but needs a test before can say 100%.

With my latest config manual fire DO NOT working (only +3 or 5 meters advantage) in creative\survival\coop server… So i just need check it on the HWS… so be patient…

3 Likes

Very nice, didn’t realise you found a fix :] nice one.

So…for server it is not work…Every turret have some advantage from manual fire…and i cant fix it by config setting…BUT! i figure out some new thing!

After 1.5 hours test on HWS…I know that:

1. Every turret have their own manual fire range buff…The most buff for arty… So we cant make in most ranged turret if we want push the BA sniping to minimum…

2. For example High Tower and turrets on top have a little more range. (+5-10m). But range for BA tag counts from the center of the structure. So sometimes player have wrong imagination about real range to the target up to 100m.

3. We can make range for all turets with one goal… make overal range the same to prevent some sniping… So you cant freely use sniping when you have only 5m safe zone…

p.s. Need more time to think about it and prepare some calculations… because atmo density matters…

Cannot just make no grief radius big enough to prevent turrets from being placed within range?

1 Like