Lets try and make pvp more fun again. LIMITS for pvp space?

Rexxus if you gonna make taxes, you damn sure better give back my EC…

i have no credits at all and armada of ships.

Yes Kalsius i agree with that actualy i would like to see some device like targeting computer which you need to place gun and make it work and it is huge and takes a lot of power or something liek that.

Ok so block/devices ration also wont solve anything, unles its 1:1 and limited on devices, i mean this can be limiting armor but still you can just keep adding thrusters to add more armor.

but for now we are f up from what i see in Rexx post. Not much ways how to limit stuff with this.

Am i only one who sees Thranirs future with a drill on Gold planet? :smiley:

Taxes will be a problem for starting players though, but i like to speak about this as its very funny idea for some reasons :smiley:

1 Like

infinite fuel, o2, ammunition = less tanks = less device

I had only 5k credits, bc I hadnt CV for visiting PvP systems, where credits “farms”… :"(

Cant we make a Vote on this ? or 2 Votes. 1 for yes or no and 1 for cap limits.

sure but it is not what you wanted

Nopw. i want a cap. 100dev and 200 blocks is a good cap. you can build a large vessle but you cant protect everything in it…

For the CV im a bit confused on what to set as cap…300 is alot of turrets… :slight_smile:

But we need to set something and make people some time to rebuild.

/Zappe

this server has become an dictatorship… one of the main reasons i stopped donating, nothing against the topic starter… but! i want justice, if we are gonna make changes like this… let the whole server vote then! not like the ec thing that was just behind our back that i worked damn hard for!

1 Like

I haven’t really played around with server scripting lately (I was actually creating pretty much the same server you’ve got here, when I stumbled across your tools when writing monitoring utilities of my own… been a member here ever since).

But anyways, I was going to say that, what if you added some additional PvP playfields, that check a Ship’s size/stats/etc when the server processes them entering. If they exceed the limits, simply return them to the previous playfield with a warning?

like I said, its been awhile since Ive messed around with all this, so I’m not entirely sure if this is possible yet. But if people are interested in something similar to this, or another approach all together, I could probably mess around with some scripts and send them your way, incase you don’t think you’ll to write it yourself.

Whatever happens though, I really hope we can all find a way to address this. I hate to say it, but my interest is really starting to wane, with the current development version. And personally, I don’t find the current PvP entertaining at all. Even if there was some kind of “power & routing” system, where pilots and crew had to balance what systems to run, just to add some sort of strategic aspect, would be nice.

1 Like

Im just here to play the game and meet people singleplayer gets boring quick… But Taxation. working now in a video game? .im trying to escape reality not face it in agame…yeh log out
7k block limit is a sweet spot for CV Class 3

Guys no panic with the taxes. Gold is here only in pockets of some players so its obvious that new players can’t pay so take it as joke. Lets not create another drama.

Btw when is taxing starting? :slight_smile:

I’m not arguing for a device limit, I’m arguing for a turret limit (if that is feasible). I don’t want to fight a CV with over 500 turrets, 100 of which don’t actually do anything constructive in PvP anyway. I do not support the idea of going below class size 4, I think it’s fine where it’s at.

Thranir, I agree Rex is a bit zealous about changes to the HWS server, but he is actually seeking feedback from people this time around. Note that before we just got blanket changes that were unannounced and done that day. Now we have a forum with notifications on those changes as well as votes for what features we want to keep/get rid of in the base game. Also, depending on your definition, every server is a dictatorship by virtue of the dude paying the bill so xD

Fenra you are an good guy and i respect you for your words, if only you could get Rexxus to come to his old senses i would be grateful! i am afraid he is on cold water now, deleting EC for people, changing rules for some carebears cry on forum etc, but if the guys on the pvp aspects of the game wants something ingame they are just being ignored… there needs to be an balance between it all, i have been talking to some people on teamspeak and they are feeling the same, soon pvp is gone and we all will be bored…

@Thranir maybe you took me wrong about it. I have nothing against you and like you said everyone knows it expect you. We announced it very often and you are right, we could have send everyone again a message and even make it as a Announcement everywhere. A mistake in that term but hopefully understandable by the short time we had and so much stress it caused.
I mean if you have a screenshots of your bank money I would gave you your money in 3 seconds. Not that you are lying but normally you give us always screenshots.
I don’t know if we still have the HWS 2.0 backup to check it myself. Have to see after work.

The carebear discussion is not helpful at all. Please try to look over the plate. It is about granting even the ones who try to become a Thranir junior a chance to grow up. Maybe you are honored and let them grow but others likes to wipe them. There are enough planets / orbits for you to kill them later.

I don’t ignore you but I see where problems are and where not. PvP in general (laggs, exploits, disbalance) is in reality the biggest problem right now so it looks like we nerfing all the time but look closely.
I admit that some of my ideas about HWS 3.0 didn’t work out regarding PvP, only the Toll systems and resource spreading but I had more in mind.
I know you are smart and you have so much input to PvP so I welcome you to give suggestions based on the limits our tool can do and the game offers us not emotional suggestions.
Like Elfias did and sjdowiee did.

Yes i understand that Rexxus, but you are asking me to show some kind of screenshot of my bank that i do not have since i thought it would never be needed, since you have your super admin tool! you know im good for those millions, after 600 hours of playtime in this server i should have billions :slight_smile:

Yeah yeah Thran we all know about the girls on the alien planets…thats where all those EC went really!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mates, i’m a full noob on PvP, but reading all the thread on it make me think of one thing:

In PvP the one with more guns wins.

Is it true?

YES:
So, like Robocraft, let’s limit the ship size, so smarter builds get advantage versus big builds, and also better pilots get advantage versus newbies.

NO:
So why the f**k ppl keeps building big ships?

Without thinking to “What you are/have NOW”, forget about your hangar full of “The freaking biggest ship in the universe and now full of guns!”, think to a brand new start, something like the 3.0 wipe, and how would you like to have the PvP. Do you really want a PvP server where the biggest cube full of guns wins?

I think that the limit can only push ppl to desing better vessels…as real spaceship are working, you’ve to make the best from the minimum device is possible…the lighter, the better!

Give it a try…and the Admins don’t look like ppl that aren’t able to do a step backward and throw away an update just because it doesn’t work!

Well Whitesage 21 guns its ok. you loose some during fight too, not a big deal guns on SV. of course going in without 21 is disadvantage.

Problem is CV, now everyone finaly discovered that 3 minigun dmg times 1000 does 3k dmg instantly. Well done. It took time but finaly someone started to count.

And im leaving. From fighting we got to who build ships with more miniguns and lag the other one more, so when your frame is finaly counted after few seconds you are a bit smaler. Which leads to even bigger and better armored SVs or even bigger CV with more miniguns so after few game crashes and freezes bigger one will win eventually. SWP doubles that with minigun HVs docked on CV.

Why would i bother when there is thousands of working games out there.

The problem with the PvP everyone wants in this game isnt how its played currently and probably never will, its the same issue other multiplayer survival games are. Most of this so called “PvP” everyone does is offline raiding which to me isnt PvP its actually PvE since you are only ever fighting automated bases with no player interaction. I am glad to see some people using the forums to try and get some actual PvP matches though, but until the devs start limiting the amount of guns that can be placed as well as include a fully working way of making offline raiding less desirable i don’t think you will get many people staying in PvP zones. I do want to thank Rexxxus and Jascha for doing so much work to make the game enjoyable.

1 Like