Marketplace Abuse

Repeatedly listing Wanted ore for 1 Cr in attempt to transfer from one planet to another planet is an abuse of Marketplace. The marketplace isn’t for making transporting easier with tiny risk involve. Don’t do it, you are cheating yourself and the game.

Understandably, people may want donation or discounted weapon but to use for internal faction transporting from one planet to another is a poor game form.

1 Like

I’m still gonna do it though fam, thanks for the idea :laughing:

What is your opinion far as Pro and Con? I know you are laughing and taking this idea but really don’t see how it helps the view of playing the game.

Pro:
[] Didn’t know about it till you posted
[
] Uses marketplace, so its untraceable
[*] Can now transport all my stuff safely off world

Cons:
[*] They might patch it, somehow. :laughing:

Pro:
[] Didn’t know about it till you posted
[
] Uses marketplace, so its untraceable
[*] Can now transport all my stuff safely off world

Cons:
[*] They might patch it, somehow. :laughing:[/quote]

It have people’s name next to the Wanted or Seller. But, the people who fill it are anonymous up unless the admin involve.

You would think that there is a server setting that restrict and set minimum value like $200 for Wanted. Wanted is the loophole where people can set for items that people must agree to your term of payment. So, “free” “donation” “item transfer” work in this favor.

The fact that people doesn’t knows it only because we are playing the game fairly without cheating ourselves. I am not saying that this is bad just rather concern that people might get bored and quit the server if they keep it up. OCD is the proper tool to upload and download but doesn’t transfer.

m8 if you make it cost 200 credits, then the person on my team just transfers the credits back to me after the transaction :laughing:

You’ve let the cat out the bag here m8

[quote=“Duke”]m8 if you make it cost 200 credits, then the person on my team just transfers the credits back to me after the transaction :laughing:

You’ve let the cat out the bag here m8[/quote]

It doesn’t matter if crews send money after trading is over. The idea is to discourage excessive use of Market - Wanted for transferring. The people who Supplying Wanted during raiding in faction member to faction member are those people that am talking about. The traders who mining that use the market to transfer ore from planet to planet without carrying it is what I am talking about. This also includes the fact that items get virtually stored in the Market until redemption. And, I dare that they have their on-site accountant to account every items transfer to get a “100% refund”. And, even if they used “pocket” bank information to knows what was transfer, the fact remains that Elemental Bank charged fee for putting in bank. People need to play the game as tended. One way or another, they will be relying the Elemental Bank withdrawal and deposit system more.

So, no, an not letting this out of the bag, it was too obvious. Like I said, if people didn’t think of it before, it’s because it would occur to them as, “dirty”, “absurd”, and “silly” and might be frown upon. They would have already figure that out. But, people ignore it because they want to play the game.

200 credits minimum for Wanted will keep the pressure and challenge for those who tending to use Market to transfer and upload items. If they out spend their money, they will have to withdraw and get charged in fee which will penalize them. New player that wants “donation”. can collect to keep or send back money. For new player to new player trade, they would make the money by collecting and selling blue crystal. The fee can always be implement for player to player money transfer. This can discourage “paying back” or excessive donation.

So, to re-cap and understand how to close down this particular Market - Wanted loopholes:

1. Limit minimum Wanted price @ 200 credits (if can’t be done, just warning will do)
  2. Add fee for player to player transfer in Elemental Bank for autonomous enforcement against excessive money or item transfer scheme

Yeah, but then you’ve just punished normal people for wanting to sell and trade, so people wont just do things you don’t want. Kind of silly tbh m8.

The punishment applied to everyone, not just the weird, the nerd, jock, emo, etc. Ok, so, got your vote. You don’t want to restrict the Market.

Anybody else?

Yeah, I feel like having market being used as a means to transport stuff is a bit problematic. The entire point of traders is to actually move goods and ships for people to use, if you can just faction market your entire base’s worth of ore to another location without consequence, what’s the point of trading? I don’t agree with Tele’s method however, basically gonna screw over anyone that wants to use market to help out new players by shipping T2 drills/etc… I think it’d be best to use a solution that doesn’t involve additional credits.

Honestly how vital is it that people use wanted ads to get stuff? isn’t buying something offered for sale the same thing?

[quote=“Fenra369”]Yeah, I feel like having market being used as a means to transport stuff is a bit problematic. The entire point of traders is to actually move goods and ships for people to use, if you can just faction market your entire base’s worth of ore to another location without consequence, what’s the point of trading? I don’t agree with Tele’s method however, basically gonna screw over anyone that wants to use market to help out new players by shipping T2 drills/etc… I think it’d be best to use a solution that doesn’t involve additional credits.

Honestly how vital is it that people use wanted ads to get stuff? isn’t buying something offered for sale the same thing?[/quote]

Can you help me understand why setting 200 credits as minimum to deter Market - Wanted abuse is the wrong method? I know that players can pay back the credits that they got for paying the minimum credits requirement but comes the Player to Player money transfer fee to deter that. :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly, people do get one time free 700 credits for FA survival command.

There is no doubt that Wanted is Buying. But, the game is about playing the game and not cut corner, get bored, and quit sooner.

As Duke said, it punishes players for using the Market as it’s intended, also the additional cost could have a bad impact on the server economy, hurting people’s willingness to participate. I think just limiting the number of buy orders in a given day would be better, say like 10-20 a day. It allows you to buy what you need, but not move your entire base’s worth of stuff somewhere else, or at least limits it to a few days at a time, which is a fair balance for not moving it yourself.

From the list of Wanted and Selling, I disagree with “bad impact on market”. Everyone don’t need to read and see hundreds of listing of “Wanted - of 1 Cr”. It leaves a bad impression of the server and how market is meant to be used.

200 credits as minimum, one might see it as a restriction or taking away your freedom to post for 199cr or less item. But, it is too easy to collect items. If anything, 200 cr minumum is a standard market control procedure to discourage repeated Wanted spam. And, please, don’t make me list 100 Wanted to Buy @ 1Cr because you know sure that I am right about that point. You really, really, don’t want people to list for 1cr and have people skip over pages. But, this idea re-enforce my point about setting the minimum.

Far as listing max, I hardly list beyond 5 unless it is a small fries order. But, when comes to listing, people can easily re-list and still live within their means of max order. People can adapt. Other players can tell me to adapt but the impression of the game and the market remains as-is. People have opinion. But, I am thinking after points that we are going over, this might be everyone agreement that using Wanted to buy listing @ 1Cr, cheating the game, to transfer with little to no risk, whether to transport out/in planet or during raid/and/or/both PvP time. This is what OCD is for, any way.

As i have pointed out in other thread, the “everyone does it” excuse goes away when restriction or server rules are in place to deter the situation.

Well there is a problem with all this.

Just one example. Yeasterday one from our faction tried to leave planet. Of course as usual he was disconected on orbit transfer, felt down to planet. SV stayed on orbit. So i sent him resources for starting new blueprint through market for 1 cr. Thanks god we can do it.

There is another way, i could jump to CV, load up pantax for way there and back, and do a rescue mission. In 1100 hours in Empyrion i spent hundrets of hours on these rescue missions. Was that fun to collect pentaxid, spent time by traveling etc. becouse of game bug? No for me that was not fun, it was time killer.

Thanks god we can send stuff for 1 cr now.

But i agree with using it to send resources to safety when invaded its bad thing. Still let them keep it that way. Im so tired of bugs.

I too think that using the market to transfer items safely should be stopped in some way.
Setting a minimum price for items is a bad idea, I myself have sometimes sent items to people who really needed it for just 1 Cr because I want to help those people when they actually need help.

What about an option to transfer a limited amount of resources per day?

Taking Elifas example here, you could allow the transfer of enough resources for that player to build a T1 starter SV.
That would allow the player in question to leave the planet again, and if their SV has not been destroyed while waiting for the starter SV, they could recover it.
Otherwise they would have to gather the resources for a new one themselves, but it would allow them to move around the planet with ease to get those resources an to leave the planet to meet up with a faction CV or get the resources to build their own and go where they wanted.

Of course this dont solve the problem with the market, but at least it allows you to help someone when they need it without the need to abuse/exploit the market.

The OCD negats this issue because after a day of mining you are at level 3, which allows you to safely transport 30x 1k of each item.

There is a limit to the withdrawals from that however, depending on what level you upgrade it to.

I think we can still keep everything going smoothly, here’s a suggestion;

1. make market transactions instantaneous at the bank and trading posts.

2. impose a delay for all transactions outside of market/trading posts, maybe 5 minutes, nothing too serious

3. pay an optional expedited delivery fee for instantaneous transfer of goods outside of market/trading posts.

Still get the safe transport, without feeling like exploitation or breaking immersion, and still limits the abuse while not discouraging actual trading.

I like your last point shadinaxx that would defo keep immersion.

Based on that I also think there should be a delay on OCD…because the other day I was mining away the rare gold meteorite on Mercury when out of no where ai3dler comes at me like a tomahawk!

I was like ooooo noooo my CV n Sv was already done for, but lucky for me before he turned his attention my way I was like ‘ocd:put:all’…then logged out knowing the ore I did mine along with my arsenal of gear was safe. Yes I didn’t have to do this but when faced with the prospect of losing 600 gold ore plus both my ships I caved in…I’m only human.

So basically take that opportunity away from me so I have no choice but to sulk at losing everything…that wasn’t already safe in OCD. As long as it never lose EVERYTHING…just that past 2 hours work, that’s a healthy balance for me :smiley:

The time delay has to only be like 1 minute…keeps things interesting as I could attempt to flee for 1 min then bail out!

1 change to market would fix all these issues and really add to the gameplay:

You can only trade with players in the same playfield

Unfortunately, I think only Eleon would be able to change that.

As for OCD, how about making it so you can ONLY add stuff to it from your home (or starter) planet? That forces you to go out to PvP to get the resources, but then you have to make it home to save them. Along these lines, make it so you can only get stuff at home also, but with no cooldown.

Now “home base” has a whole new meaning.