New way to play GG?

6 posts were split to a new topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

No blueprints on the largest pvp planet in hws? i’m sorry that’s a deal breaker for me. Engineering and combat are the only two things I do with empyrion, if I can’t have my turtles in combat then I’m not playing on GG :confused:

I cleaned up and will continue to do so NA lads.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

C’mon let’s not turn this thread into a pissing contest…

I vote no on this one. I think it would be a step in the wrong direction for encouraging PVP.

What it sounds like to me is that you are attempting to put PVP in a laboratory and control all aspects of it. It sounds like a neat idea - neat in the sense that it hasn’t been done before and has an interesting concept. I can’t see who would participate in this experiment though. Personally, I am uninterested. If you look at the negative responses, there are the people who actually engage in PVP, if all of them aren’t interested I’m not sold that the non-PVP people would give it a go. This seems just like the gold rush instance but it lasts longer, I feel that’s probably a better fit for people who don’t really PVP yet still want gold.

I’d advise against bottlenecking a resource in something like this. If you want an arena combat with award type thing like PUBG, as you said, I think you can make that an instance. Maybe twice a day have a set time when only one person per faction can go into this instance from a teleporter in ECC or some PVE area. The last one alive gets some award based on the number of people who went in with them or something. I’d rather see this as an event/extra feature than a main mechanic of the server.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

First i want to say that i appreciate Rexxus and the HWS teams innovation for making Empyrean a way better game!..

Here’s what i think about the proposed changes. To be honest i don’t like it. My perception is that this is complicating things more and making a problem bigger in the long run. My advice to you is go with simplicity and ease of flow. Don’t complicate things.

Here’s an example of the problem i see. Before it used to be around two 2 bases per faction on Golden Globe then you changed it to 10 bases per faction on NA. This made it so just a few factions could spam bases all over the place. This is called making the problem worse.

Look at the EU GG they don’t have that same problem because their playing and living within their means and not going into over excess and living or playing over their means in terms of the limits of the game by keeping it simple, and by limiting themselves to two bases per faction and not 10.

To me the problem is not that you can instantly spawn a blueprint but that you can spawn it all over the planet because of the limits being increased from 2 to 10 bases per faction.

Before we didn’t have this kind of problem. You want to know why? Because it was only two bases per faction. This is called living within your means and playing within your means meaning the limits of the game itself.

Regards

4 Likes

I asked and he confirmed, no blueprints on that instance, so… everyone screwd big time lol

are we taking in consideration the fact that the planets will be 4x the size they are now, just riding/walking to your previous location would be a nightmare O.o so if you DC you are done

Bring Back Armageddon / no bases at all on gg / you get what you bring down [ hv sv wise ] Problem Solved

3 Likes

Can combine it with having to build bases by hand, 12 hours to setup 12 hours to fight.

1 Like

That playfield was abandoned after a couple of weeks…with the current GG setup on EU we’ve seen nothing but action.

I don’t know why all of a sudden people want to start ‘fixing’ things that aren’t broken.

Best regards
Wise.

4 Likes

Bring Back Armageddon, thats on topic i would say

Frankly I feel this instance should be in addition to GG instead of a replacement to GG. Sort of a semi-GG where you get most of the reward for barely any of the risk like the old Arma (pre-gg planet) days.

But for us PVP heavyweights we still get the opportunity to fight on Golden Globe.

Best of both worlds; and benefits both types of players and factions.
Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

wiseman what faction are you?

@Everyone
Please don’t stagnate, that’s the worst thing that can happen to any game.
This upcoming interlude will be short, we just don’t know for sure how short.
Why not try something different?

I vote yes.

Hi Chaz; I’m GMC. We’re an EU mostly central and western European PVP faction that takes great pride in being a very active member of the EU pvp community! I myself have been playing since 4.0, whereas my faction lead and some of our other members have been around since 2 and 3.

Best regards
Wise.

from what i hear everyone loved armageddon

There were two Armas. One Arma was SV/HV only and lasted a season but was only active with players a couple of times over the whole process.

Where’s the other Arma (the pre golden globe planet) was a planet like gg but with gold meteors and no gold crust; and it had a PVE PVP rotation (most people loved that. Especially the pvers as they could mine in peace but during PVP hours we had some EPIC fights! :slight_smile: )

Best regards and I hope that clears things up.
Wise.

Gold during PvE wasn’t that good.

I want to bring back Armageddon but the specs are not that clear yet.

Meteorites could be also a problem. Not talking about Base campers during PvE and then unleash the hound when it flipps to PvP.

It had flaws.