New way to play GG?

A. Get rid of Anti-Grief, or change it. The main issue with anti-grief is that the ‘winners’ have to spend 30 minutes digging out the base core of a destroyed base. It’s a huge waste of time, and doesn’t add to the pvp experience.

It would be great if there was a way we could instantly take a base that has been completely disarmed and has no active defenders left. That way no one has to stay up until 3am digging out base cores of GRG Decoy bases.

All of ACP/TAW/HPG hate doing it, and I am sure so do our enemies. I don’t hate GRG for making them, it is clever of them, but having to dig out base cores isn’t fun PvP.

B. Getting rid of the Homeworld Planet is in context of the upcoming universe changes. Rather than one planet having all resources, they should be spread out amongst multiple planets.

C. Who “are us”? Can you get quotes from all of them saying they do not want a Gold Planet? All vet players who have been on this planet since HWS has had a Gold Planet can vouch that it encourages PvP and we enjoy PvP. @TacoIsland @TheRaven @mcprouty @Supreme_Admiral Can you guys verify this? Confirm with other vets? @Robodroner

D. Were you here for Armageddon? GG can get pretty damn laggy, but that’s only when we have 30 players on ‘one chunk’. When Armageddon was here the playfield itself would reach crash for everyone, and NO ONE could login until Rex or someone else restarted the playfield.

E. IMO @RexXxuS feel free to disagree with me if you want. I think every multi-player game should have some form of end game content that people fight over and create PvP.

F. I have suggested on every forum post that it is relevant that class sizes should have a max block count. That way people can’t make HV/SV into sponge ships.

Anything else?

What if the following was implemented?

A. Could CVs have an extremely high power usage on planets? That way you bring it down and you try to use it as a ‘sponge tank’ you have to feed 999 fusion cells to it like candy?

B. Increase damage to CVs so that they can’t tank as well as they used too.

C. Cannon/MIni-Gun Turret firing rates have been nerfed, so they don’t create as much lag as they used too.

1 Like

Honestly I prefer that there are no CVs on planet, we just need to find ways to encourage space combat instead of just planetside combat.

I personally don’t like the idea of having any amount of time for PvE on GG because it will allow so much building and setup prior to fights that the field will literally play itself as most people will be running on 1 FPS until they die and have to respawn. Sure it’s a nice idea to allow people to build up, but the same is accomplished with OLP and people just being in their own faction until their base is actually ready for combat.

I guess the advantage is you can see if someone is trying to camp you where with OLP you only find out because you get attacked the second you go online lol.

<3 Just shoot through the ground as usual, shouldn’t take long tbh. Not unless your telling me the digging is being done by HVs.

I haven’t been around for those 3am dig fests, but my understanding it is HVs doing it.

Why do you think you have to dig them up? This is a dumb thing to waste time doing. GRG has to delete them anyways to stay under BA cap.

I want to keep GG PvP only 24/7. I just don’t want OLP there or 10 bases per faction, maybe 4 max?

I agree with this

Bring lots of lag. 100% against CBs on GG.

The biggest issue I see is indestructible crust.

Why?

Bases are already hard enough to eliminate with the hidden box tactic, why make it impossible?

1 Like

You are not suppose to be able to place anything below ground… But this is empyrion

Quote - “We [PvPers] want a Gold planet, just not one with temporary PvE. PvP all day long!”

• Alandauron(aka Dustin)
  • 5 March 2018

There’s your quote :wink:

Agreed on all counts really, less max bases per faction. No intentional splits for more bases, players will keep accountability on this one honestly. Indestructible terrain means less lag already, no CVs means less lag as well.

On this note though, I do feel that HWS needs to start keeping track of IPs, possibly to the point that you require players that want to have alt accounts register them as alts under a primary. I think I’ll write up a suggestion post on this when I get some more time.

Honestly, I don’t think this is true, I imagine they always assumed people would want to build underground bunkers.

1 Like

I was referring to indestructible terrain

1 Like

gotcha, well I love me an underground base but will gladly sacrifice this for even a single extra frame per second in PvP lol.

I love you for your quote.

1 Like

Real quick in case I missed something and it was covered but I missed it?

No bases Check
No BP spawn Check
Hand craft an HV only check…
Where am I building the parts??? Where am I getting the parts for said HV??? Ammo??? I mean if it is PVP (which it will be) OCD 6 like I have won’t matter anyway??? Did I miss something since this post goes on for days and I don’t have 2 hours to read it.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

Thats why they work with alliances instead Ranzeth.

First question of ANY noob on ANY MMO server :slight_smile:

„Who has the biggest faction ?“
„Can i join ?“
„Do you have free garage ships for me ?“
„What, you want me to farm for the faction ?!? Well i would but my grandma has birthday and my gold fish is not feeling well and needs me to bring him to the doc…“

I disagree strongly on this point; Rexxus is not supporting any one-type of faction; and the global limits on GG actually play in ‘smaller’ [but not necessarily] small factions by capping the things on the playfield.

For instance this whole instance idea [pun intended] was about giving players a chance to mine Gold without getting stomped by the big PVP factions.

But I think one main thing needs to be raised here also: Everyone went into GG/Arma when it came out knowing the risks; nobody complained or tried to remove features [none of this is directed at you or anyone on this thread, I just mean in general]. All the PVP factions at the time knew that both the risks and the rewards were enormous. Back then if a noob wanted gold they had BH for it. GG was the kind of planet that you as a new player DIDN’T want to go within a thousand clicks! Rightly so; as it’s the beating PVP heart of HWS right now.

Only these days people seem to feel entitled to mine gold unmolested on GG; well I’m afraid that’s now how a PVP server works. It works so that if you want something you have to fight for it. (But not necessarily 24/7 as the anti-olp crowd are badgering on about).

So maybe with the buff to asteroid mining times that Rexx did and a couple more gold asteroid hotspots in BH we could get some genuine asteroid miners again.

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

Towards your last point Wise :

I mined a few asteroids in BH with my 7,49 star destroyer yesterday, met noob ships but no way to prevent them from warping, this really kills space combat.

I farm asteroids at around double speed compared to the situation before Rexxus buffed them. The amount of ore per asteroid has not been buffed, so you get 1500-2000 gold ore for each asteroid. There are something like 8 gold asteroids in BH, i hope that i found all of them ?

Alltogether the ore you get is a JOKE compared to GG surface left clicking in a HV.

2 Likes

Absolutely right on new players warping out; but that’s the whole concept behind BH. Less risk-less reward.

Back before the surface of GG when it was just deposits or on Arma where it was meteorites the only place you had as a viable money-making alternative was BH. By nerfing the ground on GG you’ll be more likely to get some proper PVP factions mining in BH which will in turn go back to the stays where you could get some rather spectacular space combat in BH/HW space.

I’ll never forget 5.0 where SWP had sprang a trap and PKA had warped right into it then for the next 12 hours you had [about 20] cvs engaged in a fleet-wide whole-scale battle that resulted in the loss of 2 of our ships; the scrapping of about three and the destruction of about five enemy ships and the capturing of three as well as writing off many of their cvs! Unfortunately SWP never really recovered from that but the action was AWESOME! (The lag not so much! :slight_smile: )

So my TL:DR is that IF Rexx can find a way to make gold mineable only on PVP hours on New-Arma then BH will become relevant again (tho i agree ore concentration and asteroid number both need to be buffed in BH to make it more sought after)

Best regards!
Wise.

If the thought is to replace GG with Arma and have PvP/PvE rotation, what about if the PvE have a low % of gold and all the resources ( a mix of HW and GG) and PvP have a high % of gold and low % of resources?

Just brain(farting)storming(sharting).