New way to play GG?

@Rexxus, would it be possible to randomly re-link the portals, such that all portals, including the ECC and “choice PvE portals” all dump to random gates on the planet?
Otherwise, I’m up for an experiment, and I can see you aren’t terribly sure about this either, but at worst it gives interesting data for other ideas, and at best it becomes a cool new thing.
It isn’t like we’ll be ‘stuck’ with this for 3 months of a regular season, so if it doesn’t work out, no harm no foul.
Also, having a playfield where a HV tank is the only real option could lead to HV optimized builds.
There is no real motivation for it now with everyone’s SV ‘addiction’

I say no because you created such and amazing battle field on GG. I do want no BP spawns for BA.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I see it is quite mixed but rather a “let’s just test it” motion.

Only problem for ME is to build this crazy idea and I have not really time for it xD Baited :smiley:
But let’s see…

Already mentioned that it’s random.

Exactly, I’ve woken up and gone to work while TPP/Op4 and crew were attacking us at what was like 6am MST on a Monday lol. Hard to fight against that when I have to work.

Ok, i still have an „original Rexxus email“ as answer when i explained my concerns about the impact of GG on economics to him. The answer was some „STFU“ (in meaning of the content, he expressed that more polite).

So the solution is very easy : Leave meteroids dropping from the sky but remove farming of the surface gold directly. Problem solved, you could still farm a good amount of gold there but not at crazy insane levels.

Your instance solution is not good. Without blueprint spawning you have to build a base from scratch… in the middle of a PVP playfield ! Without OCD ? Impossible. With OCD ? Sure, but WHY to build a base that will be wiped by the major factions in seconds instead of 5 minutes ? (As the situation is currently).
Players will lose HV and Base that even with OCD will take hours to build because there is no valid base defence vs major factions.
So entering GG, building base+HV is full fail. If you do that (and of course you will) please give us a 10 seconds OLP so that not the work of hours is gone in a moment when the legions of RED and ACP arrive.

Acting as a noob and going in just to grab some gold with hand drill … hmmm dont know if this is worth the effort, we will see.

Furthermore you take any meaning away from buying garage vessels. So i farm the gold but cant buy a better vessel with the gold i have farmed. This is not logical.

GoldDigger as well analysed Rexxus setup and came to the same conclusion : Is not working for single players/small factions.

6 posts were split to a new topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

No blueprints on the largest pvp planet in hws? i’m sorry that’s a deal breaker for me. Engineering and combat are the only two things I do with empyrion, if I can’t have my turtles in combat then I’m not playing on GG :confused:

I cleaned up and will continue to do so NA lads.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

C’mon let’s not turn this thread into a pissing contest…

I vote no on this one. I think it would be a step in the wrong direction for encouraging PVP.

What it sounds like to me is that you are attempting to put PVP in a laboratory and control all aspects of it. It sounds like a neat idea - neat in the sense that it hasn’t been done before and has an interesting concept. I can’t see who would participate in this experiment though. Personally, I am uninterested. If you look at the negative responses, there are the people who actually engage in PVP, if all of them aren’t interested I’m not sold that the non-PVP people would give it a go. This seems just like the gold rush instance but it lasts longer, I feel that’s probably a better fit for people who don’t really PVP yet still want gold.

I’d advise against bottlenecking a resource in something like this. If you want an arena combat with award type thing like PUBG, as you said, I think you can make that an instance. Maybe twice a day have a set time when only one person per faction can go into this instance from a teleporter in ECC or some PVE area. The last one alive gets some award based on the number of people who went in with them or something. I’d rather see this as an event/extra feature than a main mechanic of the server.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: NA friendzone. Free hugs

First i want to say that i appreciate Rexxus and the HWS teams innovation for making Empyrean a way better game!..

Here’s what i think about the proposed changes. To be honest i don’t like it. My perception is that this is complicating things more and making a problem bigger in the long run. My advice to you is go with simplicity and ease of flow. Don’t complicate things.

Here’s an example of the problem i see. Before it used to be around two 2 bases per faction on Golden Globe then you changed it to 10 bases per faction on NA. This made it so just a few factions could spam bases all over the place. This is called making the problem worse.

Look at the EU GG they don’t have that same problem because their playing and living within their means and not going into over excess and living or playing over their means in terms of the limits of the game by keeping it simple, and by limiting themselves to two bases per faction and not 10.

To me the problem is not that you can instantly spawn a blueprint but that you can spawn it all over the planet because of the limits being increased from 2 to 10 bases per faction.

Before we didn’t have this kind of problem. You want to know why? Because it was only two bases per faction. This is called living within your means and playing within your means meaning the limits of the game itself.

Regards

4 Likes

I asked and he confirmed, no blueprints on that instance, so… everyone screwd big time lol

are we taking in consideration the fact that the planets will be 4x the size they are now, just riding/walking to your previous location would be a nightmare O.o so if you DC you are done

Bring Back Armageddon / no bases at all on gg / you get what you bring down [ hv sv wise ] Problem Solved

3 Likes

Can combine it with having to build bases by hand, 12 hours to setup 12 hours to fight.

1 Like

That playfield was abandoned after a couple of weeks…with the current GG setup on EU we’ve seen nothing but action.

I don’t know why all of a sudden people want to start ‘fixing’ things that aren’t broken.

Best regards
Wise.

4 Likes

Bring Back Armageddon, thats on topic i would say

Frankly I feel this instance should be in addition to GG instead of a replacement to GG. Sort of a semi-GG where you get most of the reward for barely any of the risk like the old Arma (pre-gg planet) days.

But for us PVP heavyweights we still get the opportunity to fight on Golden Globe.

Best of both worlds; and benefits both types of players and factions.
Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

wiseman what faction are you?