New way to play GG?

fair enough, but the circumstances are very different. EU is relatively stable and the community is great. NA seems to have some interesting issues. Perhaps EU should be left alone then since all are reasonable comfy wit the status quo?

A regular wipe sounds pretty viable, less pollution of structures :stuck_out_tongue:

Back on the instance topic then; if controlling what can be spawned/built is the reason for it to be an instance.

My concern is still the ā€˜getting backā€™ part after a disconnect. If there were a better way of controlling the portals so they donā€™t get camped than the random factorā€¦ Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any suggestions for it though.

Rex said there would be so many portals in that camping would be near impossible / unproductive

I believe that disabling instant spawning of BPs on GG is the way to go. Going to solve allot of issuesā€¦

Excited on the upcoming patch.

I like the idea, but it sounds far less fun to me than what we have now. To quote Ironman ā€œI say, why not have bothā€ for the rest of this season, or during the next pre 8.0 short season.

1 Like

Because humans always take the easy option. Few people would use this new instance if they could carry on the same GG. Bloody humans.

Also, GG may be draining server performance as I suggested earlier. Rex would know more

It might be nice to have a pure PVP instance for max performance, like a space playfield with nothing else in it. Not sure why people would go there though apart from the bragging rights. Maybe something like ā€œKing of the Hillā€ where you get awards for kills / cores destroyed / time survived etc

1 Like

casue no one want to mine there i patrol the BH constanly looking for players to kill and loot but no one comes there anymore

We go to GG now because gold is the only thing worth fighting over. Current GG allows for nice HV, and SV, and BA battles with Black Hole above for CVs. All these aspects are lost with no BP spawning and I see PvP as less fun that way. Many players live for designing and testing their stuff and no BP spawning means no more of that. Again, can we have both?

2 Likes

Entrances. And, Iā€™m actually of the opinion that only a select 2 or 3 pve ones would ever be used, because even if thereā€™s many; using one in pvp means using one thatā€™s convenient to get to and runs the risk of someone finding your structure outside, which potentially contains all your loot.

Regardless of the entrances part; itā€™s where they enter thatā€™s the issue, and Rexxus stated theyā€™d spawn you randomly up in the air around the planet (perhaps a fixed number of locations). This whole ā€˜uncontrolled entrance locationā€™ is the large problem SKS and I have been repeatedly hitting on, as it completely screws your ability to return to a useful location with your backpack; you either suicide back to a medbay without your bp, or you have to produce/obtain a vessel to travel back (or run/fly). And this is every time you leave the instance, be it leaving by portal inside; logging-out; or even just disconnecting briefly.

That just removes the big risk/big reward thing entirely. The risk is near zero because I just need to take my stuff into inventory and log. All I would lose would be my miner, which doesnā€™t need to be expensive if I plan on logging and realistically I am too lazy to dismantle before leaving anyway. The reward is also diminished (in comparison to current GG) because I canā€™t use more effective SV miners from the HWS garage. Without OCD6 it also would require me to move back and forth regularly because I can only get 49 stacks out adding more logistics to the whole ordeal.

So in reality it would be near zero risk/mediocre reward. It is similar to the current Void portal station in BH, there is little reason to use it because regular GG requires less logistics and gives better rewards.

And regarding the gold is hard to get thing: That surely only applies to NA and peoples unwillingness to be taxed by TAW? I went from nothing to OCD6 and did my mining runs mostly solo without protection of our faction or alliance. What is needed is some guidance for players unwilling to risk it for the biscuit that are not accustomed to PVP and throwaway ships. There are so many players that cry for gold/zasc/eres but do not even want to do the Majestic Elite Temple when I tell them about it. That is near risk free 2k ingots of each, guaranteed loot for every player, and can be done on each server - yet that is too complicated for many,

It boils down to what we talked about a few weeks back: a better, longer tutorial and incentives for new players to venture out in to PVP land.

Overall it is an interesting experiment to test out changes for alpha 8 in this transitional season but I do not think it makes sense as a replacement for GG due to the aforementioned issues.

4 Likes

But this IS the easy optionl if a player logs out they keep their backpack; and spawn back in a safe space; so tbh this IS the easy and noob-friendly option. Whilst us PVP factions will be taking the hard options over on traditional GG. fighting every night just like we did last time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I strongly against, do not kill the PVP system, make 1 planet with gold, and not layers, and with gold meteorites, 1-5 thousand ores, make 4-5 planets with different resources for which to fight, make the need to fight for resources!!! and a little bit of small asteroids for PVE, thereby it will be possible to raise the economy! deficit leads to the demand!!!

Good to see you on here Russifikator! We could do with more opinions from our Red+OPG friends :slight_smile: Try and get some more folks here on the forums too if you can! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise

I donā€™t see people building huge battle tanks from scratch everyday in an instance like this. Big waste of time. It will kill pvp I think. Just take away garage ships if this happens. There will be no use for any of them.

1 Like

Thumbs way down. No garage ships and encourages combat logging. It actually encourages PVE. Why bother trying to fight someone if they can just log

I think surface of GG is 20 km. 20km/50players = a square of 0.4 sq km for each. This square would be around 600 meters on a side. This means, you will mostly run into someone as soon as you land. How can anybody build a HV from scratch if you have 4 people around you at almost visible range?
Instead of blocking BPs, you should allow them but limit their size,block count, devices.
Then you adapt your code to scan GG playfied structures and enforce the rule, you can even ban those repeatedly breaking structure limit rulesā€¦

1 Like

I am certainly willing to give this new GG a go. Make the playfield as large as possible so that players can hide relatively easily making it more attractive for solo small group players.

1 Like

lets conclude and give it a go if it dosnt work then im sure you all will be quick t give ur feed back, let Rex impliment a first rendishion and we can pick it all to shit then lets see what we end up with lol.

but for me i am keen to see somthing new.

GREAT Idea Rexxā€¦lets do it!