OCD: Lets Discuss

This is not true, only OCD level 7 can retrieve things from the OCD in PVP.

Anyway, this whole thread is ridiculous. Why change something that does not require changing? It is accessible to everyone, gives veterans a reason to stay on this server between wipes, and is a safe way to store things that are important to you.

Some arguments I saw in this thread:

This is only a problem if you make it a problem. It’s like saying that the stains in your carpet have become a problem as you purposefully dump wine on it. I’ve never seen a genuine complaint with the OCD until this thread.

What changes and for what reason? The Easter/April Fool’s thing was an overreaction for sure, but what changes are proposed that would benefit it? If it isn’t broken, don’t “fix” it.

Non-issue. Content is better than reworking an already very well-done system. Check the survey results, the OCD was a major favorite feature. Understandingly, people are going to be upset when you challenge their favorite feature.

Plenty of new people have mined their way up from nothing without spending money. Personally, I did not use the OAM until the end of season 7. This complaint is reminiscent of the “p2w” comments. This is not true at all. If you are impatient, you can donate to the server to skip a little (but very manageable) resource grind. The server does not force you to use the OAM. The OCD, however, is very handy to have between seasons. Note, though, that no other server has this feature! You may be used to a full wipe but the OCD is one thing that makes this server special!

Couldn’t agree more.

Also agreed, persistent progress is what keeps people on HWS between wipes.

Agreed, makes sense.

Agreed

You’re missing one of the biggest draws to HWS. There are plenty of other servers (all of the rest) that are exactly like that. Having your achievements count for something more permanent is important to most people on the server.

Grizzly and I don’t agree on much, but I think we both agree that you need more experience on the server before hopping in and suggesting radical changes and then proceeding to get upset when veteran players very staunchly disagree. Perhaps the questions asked of you seemed to belittle you, but it is to make you think. If you do not have a full grasp on the game, let alone the server, not many will take you seriously. Due to this fact this discussion has gone downhill.
My recommendation is this: Play out the rest of this season, explore PVP and PVE. Experience the meta. Get more time in the game where you can answer the questions thrown at you correctly and without a doubt. At that point, revisit this topic and see if you feel as strongly still.

4 Likes

I am trying to help you. You are belittling yourself. You claim to want a discussion yet you argue with almost everything said. You have yet to have a CV fight and you try to teach longtime PvPers to use constructors to craft ammo in battle. You are too scared of PvP to do the resource missions (which I completed using the tier 1 prefab CV) and complain of veterans having too much resources. You do not grasp that with maxed out OAMs on EU and NA servers we don’t need to store resources. All these things exist, not to give an advantage, but to allow us to strategize and carry out battles instead of mining all the time. It defines why so many like this server. Once you have had enough of mining you will appreciate these things more and join in the endgame content of HWS, constant redesigns of vessels and war.

2 Likes

No, no we don’t actually. First time I ever heard of you btw

2 Likes

I believe that all PvPers actually agree on a lot, they just tend to discuss the things they disagree with. And in saying this I think I am disagreeing with you again, lol.

1 Like

I recommend you explore the rest of this discussion as I can tell you skimmed it there was some good stuff that came out of it, never did I try to take anything away it was an open forum to discuss the OCD and some people got overly defensive for no apparent reason.

I fully intend to fully explore the HWS server and continue to do so at every opportunity that I have but this doesn’t mean that I have no right to have discussions on topics related to HWS features as you veterans seem to claim. As Rex wants to make this for new and veteran players alike it’s actually quite ridiculous for you to claim this in the first place but even more so considering the amount of thought I have put into everything before I ever take to the forums.

What happened was Grizz and Chap saw and opening and went for it, I foolishly bit and then it spiralled now they have me on the hook for the moment, that’s fine though as they will get tired after I ignore their trolling for a bit.

Oh and only OCD level 7 can retrieve things in PvP, you must have typoed that as any veteran on HWS would know that right :wink:

And this is why you are not being taken seriously with such trollish statements. I’ve read the discussion and agree with some of it. Some decent ideas are out there but I do not feel the need to comment on everything. Otherwise I might as well quote the entire thread.

As far as the OCD 7, I read it as a price per transaction (with other OCD levels) instead of the entire price of OCD 7. So yes, that was a typo.

Wasn’t a trollish statement, you told me I need to explore the game and not discuss yet good has come out of this discussion. So in other words there’s no reason for you to have made that statement?

Ok, I’ll bite again. Where do you get this? Because I haven’t had the time to craft my own version of a PvP ship and have been hesitant to go into PvP areas you think I’m scared? That’s the conclusion you draw?

It’s the statements like that as to why you ARE a troll. You don’t make statements like, “Why haven’t you done the resource missions? They could help you get going.” You say that I’m scared. You assume many things. I have a wife and kids that I spend time with. I spend much time on my phone so I can actually make posts, but I don’t get dedicated time in front of a computer to actually spend so I can actually PvP. Sorry that I can’t spend a couple hours in front of a system like you and others, actually I’m not lol but I’m glad if you guys enjoy the time you get to do it.

I have a different lifestyle, sometimes I get some time to get in Empyrion but I stick to PvE because I get called away often to check on kids and such, not anyone’s fault but my own for having kids :wink: So I go to the forums and discuss things that I notice when I notice them, I also don’t push for anything without discussion from multiple sides such as in this topic. Some good came out of the topic, some bad, we got side-tracked, I got trolled(yes it is trolling to call me scared and try and belittle me by calling me green etc. however you want to try to justify it) and yet it was still a productive topic in spite of all the negativity.

Post 14ish Skard did

My suggestion is still the same; leave it as-is, unless there is an idea that can build on to using the OCD that benefits all players just let it be, and let the thread die.

1 Like

This

???
What does this even mean? Ah ok, yea he did. You didn’t you called me scared without knowing anything about me.

EDIT: this is no longer on topic PM me if you want to continue otherwise I have no desire to go back and forth on this with you @Quasar

It was close to post 14, so 14ish. It was actually post 11 that Skard asked you about Resource mission at the end of his post. Your reply was quoted just now by me in post … 89?

I do know something about you. You havent done the resource missions because they are in PvP zones. Cautious and scared are very similar. It is cautious if you are planning a way to do it, it is scared if you are not doing it and rather complaining on the forums that others have too many resources stored up.

Ah but see I never complained that people have too many resources stored up.

I get online, I warp, I do a bit of mining of gold, iron, some other stuff try to get my OAMs up a bit, then I hop over to creative and work on my own designs a for a bit. I try to spend some time on both of these when I have some time for it, but I don’t have much time, mostly on my phone, not in the game.

Then I do it again the next day for as long as I can. Still working on my designs, HV, SV, CV, etc.

EDIT: oh yea, also trying to work on a couple POIs that I want to submit to Rex come 8.0 if I can make them fairly difficult to get through.

This crazy flip flop of logic

And here you directly insult all the veteran players by admitting you just as soon see them leave.

Please edit that to include the full quote instead of cutting out the inconvenient part

Nvm, I got it. This is the full quote. People leave servers all the time, new people leave when big factions roll them. I’m sure some new people left today when they ran into a big faction. Taken out of context this sounds much worse, scroll up and read the opening post in full, this relates to if changes are made to the OCD in it’s current state.

What flip flop? Seriously what are you talking about? You pick out separate arguments in different sections and try to…

top, If I had my way, I don’t have my way so I make do.
next, I haven’t maxed out my OAMs, so what?
next, if you want to be competitive you have to adapt, maxing out OAMs is part of being competitive on HWS
next, it shouldn’t be required to play that way because people should be allowed to play by the Empyrion core rules but since you are playing on HWS it is required to use the server benefits to be competitive…where is the flip flop…seriously what is your problem?