POLL Origin PVP Restricted Planets

Xanif, you’re the guy in pvp, but believe me this thought in 5.0 and later in the future can lead you to total destruction, you already imagined yourself in a scenario where you are not renegade in your own house and hunted by All … remember the aliases are free, you can shoot them all, but everyone can be together to shoot at you …

Promise?

One of the things that upset me in 4.0 is that the people we were killing had no way to band together to fight us. A trader faction with 2 people in it with no pvp experience simply could not break an LBP blockade comprised of 6 combat CV’s piloted by veteran PvPers.

Alliance never showed up to help anyone either until maybe the last couple weeks of 4.0 and by that point many pirates already burnt out because we were getting absolutely no fights from anyone since they were so scared.

The idea that multiple trader/alliance/hunter factions can now easily band together to respond to a pirate threat is the second best thing to happen in 5.0. The first being turret targeting being reworked.

Maybe. Just maybe traders will stop crying for the alliance to come bail them out and actually join together to break though pirate camps. It will certainly cause interesting faction dynamics. Or at least I hope it will. Fights have been pretty sparse so far.

Really would be a very interesting scenario to see, I still believe in the pirate alliance, against all the others, and I think in 5.0 we should not fight among ourselves and waste resources … it would be interresting if within the faction planet the aliases were active and Not revocable by default.

If you want to play in an alliance - there in fact an origin that used to be called exactly that. I think it’s called Guardian now.

The problem with this new alliance system is that you don’t leave from alliance as faction but you can remove other factions form your alliance and by standard all factions have own alliances. This system would work if origin alliances work differently. It should have worked like this if you leave origin alliance you are no more allied with any factions from that alliance. The system we have now is ideal for backstabbers and specially for large backstabbing factions. Do you think anyone will build to pluto as long as during night some big pirate faction can scout out all bases that don’t have players online and just brakes alliance with them and destroy everything they had then check new victim and repeat. There is practically no risk for this kind of action. If it were the way that when some big faction decided to back stab some faction of their origin alliance EVERY other faction in that alliance would be their enemy after the back stab there would be so high risk that i think it wouldn’t happen. The system we have at the moment is so bad for small factions that don’t have the manpower to keep watch 24/7 for some back stabbers nor the resources to payback said back stabbings that i fear we seen don’t have small factions at all and the whole new alliance system is useless and server loses big portion of players.

Ofc guys from large factions like this new system as they can take advantage of it.

1 Like

Sure there is a risk. They can’t re-ally with you without your acceptance.

If they backstab you, name and shame and gang up on them with rest of your allies if you have any.

I have no idea what pirate “alliances” look like as leaving ALL of them was the very fight thing we did on 5.0 launch and every single day after.

I said it before I’ll say it again. The alliance system is brand new. There hasn’t been time for the server dynamics to even begin to be explored.

The point of alliances is not so that you can safely carebear without a worry in the world. The point is that you can form alliances to react to any backstabbers or pirates.

If someone backstabs you, take a bounty out on them. Isn’t that the point of hunters? Have guardians come defend your base. Isn’t the the point of guardians?

People seem to be so caught up on the idea that you shouldn’t have to defend your base. If the concept of someone attacking your is so unacceptable then I have good news. There is a dedicated PvE HWS. Otherwise let’s see how the server reacts to a shifting political landscape before everyone freaks out about it a whole 48 hours after initial implementation.

1 Like

Seriously you did not have fights, you beat the little pirates … maybe 5Ap and I know you some other big or medium faction, smaller factions have no ships and no resources to hit you head on … and like beating a sick dog He will not react …

Are you SURE you didn’t mean to start Guardian? Sounds like you got an axe to grind with some pirate faction…

If only there was some way to have multiple factions band together to displace a larger group of pirates.

I seriously don’t understand what you’re saying. We WANT you to make alliances and come kill us. That’s what we find fun. Fighting other people. Larger force, smaller force, same size force. Even each other when we are playing with new ship designs.

We want to fight. All the time. Please come prove to us that we are weak and vulnerable.

Ok jascha, completely disable the faction pirate planet because there will never be anything, everyone and kill all the time and nothing stood and enjoy and leave it open to everyone so he may know the new gold of 5.0 … only without the Light gold

I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why you joined pirates if you were looking for an origin with a united front.

You don’t get it don’t you.
If you have or are a part of large faction this system isn’t problematic at all. But when you are on faction with lets say your 1 or 2 friends its big problem. The alliance you are in doesn’t give you any protection at all as your faction alone can be targeted anyways without others of your alliance even knowing it. Isn’t the alliances supposed to unite the factions in it to fight threats and shouldn’t it work the way that if someone attacks one faction in said alliance its attack against the whole alliance. Now with this current origin alliance system it does not work that way .
Sure many small factions could make alliance and fight larger factions. But yeah i want to see how that goes after thous big factions destroyed everything they had once and that way got huge advantage and not to mention the fact that after they lost everything there is absolutely no safe place for them to rebuild and gather strength to fight back.

1 Like

I do not need it, I can stab you dawn like I did in 4.0 remember! After all, not the truce in the house of the pirates themselves, if they kill all the time and do not need enemies … it was preferable to have allies … but to do what not to agree among pirates, then to kill everyone as to see … .

Untrue. There is always the starter planet.

If you want the Origin planet to be PvE like the strater planet so no mean unfriendly pirates can take your lollipops - that’s fine - but it has nothing to do with alliances.

1 Like

Can someone please explain to me in one sentence what we are arguing about here?

From what I can piece together: Pirates shouldn’t be able to leave the alliance with other pirates.

But that can’t possibly be what we’re arguing about because that’s an absurd statement.

Yeah starter planet that is going to tax you and your faction to death in 3 days if you have anything there with more than 20 devices not an option.

No, I’m debating about only being possible for a group to enter and be in pluto, if it is in alliance with their brother of origin, because the opposite of anything serves pluto, it is better to base on a planet forgotten by God in a Part of the universe.

What are you talking about - we had things on starter bigger than that and nothing happened.

We are arguing about how the alliances work. Its ok and good to be able to leave alliances but the way how it works is bad. It shouldn’t be possible to partly leave an alliance and by partly i mean to be able to mark only one faction of an alliance as an enemy. If you decided to leave an alliance then every faction in that alliance should be your enemy.