[POLL] Restart / Backup / Wipe times in HWS 6.0+

Hey @everyone,

because it coming up more and more with this poll you can decide in democracy at what times the wipe times should be in the future.

Pre information:
We have 3 restart / backup times right now.
9AM + 5PM + 11PM (Germany Time - UTC+1) -> for EU servers
3AM + 11:30AM + 17:30PM (New York Time - UTC-5) -> for NA server

At the first and last time we do restarts / backups. With the 5PM / 11:30AM time we do the Black Hole reset / restart / backup.

The reason is obvious: in all of these 3 times we are awake. We can step in if something goes wrong. Also these times are at least for EU analyzed regarding prime time or not.
Just for your information…

Important: For 6.0 I want to go with only 2 restarts per day. So make your choice in the poll with up to 2 votes per server.

Click here to get rid of the timezone mess

NA Server future restart / backup / wipe times (UTC - 5)

• 1AM
  • 7AM
  • 8AM
  • 9AM
  • 10AM
  • 11AM
  • 12AM
  • 1PM
  • 2PM
  • 3PM
  • 4PM
  • 5PM
  • 6PM
  • 7PM
  • 8PM
  • 9PM
  • 10PM
  • 11PM
  • 12PM

0 voters

EU Server future restart / backup / wipe times (UTC + 1)

• 1AM
  • 7AM
  • 8AM
  • 9AM
  • 10AM
  • 11AM
  • 12AM
  • 1PM
  • 2PM
  • 3PM
  • 4PM
  • 5PM
  • 6PM
  • 7PM
  • 8PM
  • 9PM
  • 10PM
  • 11PM
  • 12PM

0 voters

The Poll will be closed just before 6.0 hits the day.

Your HWS Team

1 Like

For NA, i think many will vote the same time for first backup (early morning), Second backup, i chose 6PM as that is just prior to prime time on the east coast, and earlier as we go out west, so will not disrupt most gaming. 6a and 6p might even be a better option, but 6am was not an option.

Happy voting!

1 Like

I agree 6am and 6pm is a great time most people eat dinner at 6 and get up at 8 or 9 unless they are doing an all nighter in which case they have to suffer through the backups anyway.

how are there 7 voters and 12 votes???! lol shouldn’t there be 7 voters and 14 votes?

some people don’t read / know that it is a multiple choice poll

1 Like

Remember: only ONE AM time is going to win and ONE PM time.
And not crazy things like 12AM and 1PM :wink:

…and just to show I have no idea what I’m doing, I accidentally voted in the EU poll first. Please disregard my vote there.

Hmm… Soo my PM vote I think i dont goofed. I was thinking 1700. Clicked 7.

Thx for doing this Rexx, what’s the rough guess for 6.0, 2 weeks? And will there be a wipe?

No date yet at all - couple of weeks.

Full wipe for sure!

1 Like

damn, couple of weeks for 6.0? seems almost too soon…

i vote for whatever time is good for you Rexxus and your team

I just wanted to throw this into the ring. Would it be possible to just do a restart//black hole wipe every 11 hours? It would make the chat command a bit trickier. But the cronjob for it would be easy enough.

Anyways, does the two times mean the blackhole is going to be wiped twice a day? that. Is. Awesome.

It’s not just about the BH, it’s the server maintenance and backup events too.

Previously we had 3 restarts for backups which they also did other stuff on, like wipes. Going to two means maintenance and wipes would happen on one or the other or both if so decided. But an 11 hour reset cycle doesn’t compute to a 24 hour day. And they do the wipes at the same time as a restart, so it’s not a passive event they can simply schedule.

That said, sure wouldn’t suck to see BH implode a couple times a day. Would make it more risky to go there too.

guessing Kama meant 12 hours, ie: twice a day like the other times…

That would be great and BH should match the other times IMHO. Increase reward, increase risk

No I meant 11 hours. That way the time is not the same time every day. Instead of saying everyday at 11am. (Example random time) it would be 11 am the 10pm the 9 am the 8pm. Allowing the times to match for everyone’s schedule every other week. Sure if they want to do maintenance it requires them to do it at that time.

But this is not the hill I will die on when it comes to things to fight for. But figured I’d throw that possibility out there. (They do similarly in Neptune’s pride for turn day cycles, every 10 hours for their 64 person game)

I was hoping blackhole was involved otherwise I would of voted for the times I would not be on. I can only be in the blackhole on the weekends due to it collapsing half an hour into my first meeting everyday at work. And given the blackhole encourages people to leave their bubble and mingle I miss the fun and I goto a deserted space of rocks that look like my teeth.(I made myself sad) irregardless to the fact I’m guaranteed to not get any of those fortresses nor any gold. The fun of going there when people are around is a big enough reason for me.

1 Like

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Thank you @everyone for your participation!

The new times in 6.0 will be:

EU

-> No change to now

NA

8AM and 8PM

That is cool. However we need to work a bit on techinical possiblities to chain events during the restarts. Because it could be that we have too much events for one restart (for example wiping an orbit + resetting POIs + switch PvE to PvP).

To be announced.

1 Like