RE pvp issues and improvement suggestions

Reforged Eden isn’t intended to be a PvP scenario at all, and Rex has said many times now that he isn’t going to do major changes to a scenario that is created by other people.

If he changes a lot of things in RE it just creates an endless amount of re-editing every single time the scenario gets updated by the creators. This takes time away from the main focus of HWS+.

So if you want Reforged Eden to have more focus on PvP then you need to contact the creators…
You’re barking up the wrong tree essentially.

Rex added in the minimal PvP at first as a test, which it proved that that scenario can’t handle it.
The PvP aspect in RE honestly should just all be removed.

In what way is RE not suitable for pvp exactly?
That gets said a lot by people who’ve never tried it.

I’ve had some of the best pvp experiences on RE, it’s amazing, colourful intense, so vaired you never know what’s going to happen, who’s going to win, the fact volume and mass are on makes it even more fun and intense.

I’m not sure where you got the idea it cannot handle it, nothing could be further from the truth.

1 Like

ya it can handle PvP. just not the insane player count we see. it has gotten better over the updates but still does not compare to HWS config for multiplay. the devs are working on it though now. mainly thanks to HWS :wink:

1 Like

ya it can handle PvP. just not the insane player count we see

neither can vanilla EU/NA :man_shrugging: , if anything RE seemed to handle larger battles a little better, though that could have been the core game updates that have happened since EU/NA died.

I’m just not sure exactly how much time people are imagining its going to take to untick the box that sets the guilty zone working and change it to a broadcast instead, what like 5mins? 20mins? if that for someone who basically wrote the program.

and thats the only urgent one, the rest:

-and adding in some playfields from the SSG? again, what like an hour max if checking them over, 10mins if just banging them out.

-adding the poi - again, 10mins-20mins. maybe an hour if you want to find the perfect spots and sample them in creative.

-setting the environmental values to sane levels? 3mins, maybe up to 10 if you did it properly and matched it against armour max values.

-daily hardwipe? untick, 30seconds.

I believe the suggestion such minor but effective fixes would significantly slow down HWS+ production is just poppycock.

1 Like

this has been happening for over a year now. “it takes just 5min” adds up. also, not one person here knows “exactly” what Rex has to do for “simple” changes. i can imagine just like most actions in this game “it takes just 5min” ends up being 3days later :frowning:

u are also forgetting the time spent on reading and answering requests like these. that is a large time suck also.

i am only saying hold off on the RE adjustments at least until the rest of us are able to enjoy the universe we come here for. u guys have ur universe l. it has been given attention and is up and running. ours is still on an old system that has been neglected.

It absolutely blows my mind that this thread is even here. This community was founded on Rex / Jascha’s vision of the game and HEAVY PVP. NONE of you would be here if it were not for PVP, Owners Vision, and frankly the PVP factions that have torn apart the mechanics so the Dev’s can chase the bugs and exploits down. Care Bears arent discovering the mechanics that are broken. Care Bears could care less as long as their singular needs are met. Fu@k RE…there are tens of RE servers out there that are 100% PVE…go there and leave this community alone. Or stfu and deal with PVP in RE. This is HWS community no vanilla RE community.

Sidenote - I didnt read past Bob’s first response…so maybe this observation / rant is in the wrong spot.

1 Like

everything on PvE sherver must be dictated by PvE players.

Again, you don’t understand the difference between single player and pve multiplayer server. Think about it.

everything is simple: do you want pvp? Go to pvp server. HWS+ or whatever. We dont care.

@Holo

again ur on a server with PvP in the name. I really think you should pay attention to what’s going on in your surroundings before attacking others. as op4 has colorfully said, this community was built on PvP. this server would not be here if not for the PvP community.

you are fairly new to this place. it has been running for over 6 years and was started with PvP mentality as endgame. the reforged Eden scenario is designed as PvE but this server that you are playing in was built by PvP players. you have a lot to learn about the community you are constantly insulting.

where?

I am not part of your community and do not want to be. I don’t care.

pvp in this game is boring and not interesting for me. That’s why I play on the pve server. And I ask you not to drag something to the server for which it is not intended, both by design and by technical implementation.

everything is simple: do you want pvp? Go to pvp server. HWS+ or whatever. We dont care.

just how many people are in your faction for you to be dropping all this “we” nonsense.
‘You’ dont want pvp, WE want pvp.
if you dont like it, dispite it having nothing to do with you and being fully optional, I’d advise to go to one of the many pure simple pve RE servers, which are quite literally the most common form of Empyrion server out there right now. just close your eyes and click on the list, you’ll probably hit one.

:man_shrugging: or just hit mute, not like it’ll make any difference to you.

then you have absolutely no say in what goes on here. you need to check yourself before this goes too far. there are plenty of other 100% PVE servers out there you can choose from.

2 Likes

im sharing the same Opinion like Firebeard , And thats not even a Meme he posted it is just Reality,accept it already , the Reforged Server Turned into the main server . HWS is actually dead , and im sure 80% of the players on RE will still play on it even when HWS+ will arrive , and even i will keep playing reforge, because it got more content as HWS+ it will have even more in the future,because Verm/Ravien are nonstop working on New Content. and PvP is Basic in most games why should it be removed ? because some ppl are scared to lose stuff/ships ?? actually in my opinion , the difficulty to get Turrets/Devices/Items should be increased massive, with PvP Areas that got the High Value stuff in it like quantums that are guarded by a Difficult AI Faction with Massive Ships / Space Bases ,so as Players Farming those Resources to craft Strong turrets etc, and the current AI Ships Dosnt count as Enemies they are just breakfeast to the most ppl on RE, thats why PVP Exist U HAVE TO FIGHT FOR RESOURCES even against players, u PvE players should be lucky that i dont build those AI Ships , i would build em so that u will die in seconds without a Fleet and good weapons arrays. and srry if something is writen wrong , [Im not English]

1 Like

Not gonna bring faction politics into this about me not knowing pvp knowing we have removed several factions from various playfields over the YEARS of playtime :wink:
So from what i am reading here you are telling me that rexxus should quit hws+ development, work on a scenario that was not created by him to make a few more people happy? What would happen if reforge stopped getting regular updates? Firebeards meme would end up with 0 players on all 4 servers :wink:

I know he reads this stuff but if i were in his shoes i would be agreeimg with some of the issues brought up in the post… however focus on what hes been trying to do for 16 months and give his community his scenario… the hws scenario. Reforge is working fine hws+ is tbd

1 Like

WE ? a few ppl happy ??? like i said 80% of the population will still play reforged even when HWS+ arrives ,it dosnt matter who made the Scenario it matters how good it perform , rexxus is wasting so much money for 2 Every day almost EMPTY Servers, he could use the money for a better purpose, u saying we idk who u mean with WE , there is no space for only PVE the game is also based on PvP if u dont accept that then look for only PVE servers i may play for like 2 years Emp on HWS and i know without PvP the game is boring even now it is boring that almost nobody is in the PvP area, if i would be a Server owner/coder/Administrating the server i would force u in PvP if u want to evolve your ships in to a more powerfull state as it would be with no facing real ppl in pvp as some retarded AI ships that are almost breakfeast to everyone

said the person who doesn’t even know the name of the server the topic is about.

I’m not part of your, HWS, community, but I’m also part of the community playing on the RE server. So I’ll reply with a quote:

exactly what do u think the ".001%” is? the server has been around a lot longer than you have been in it. like it or not you are in a community that existed before you showed up. if you’re not part of it, then you have no say so in what goes on here. you’re forgetting PVP is optional. it does not affect anything you do in PVE. it’s not a good idea to try and Nerf other people’s games just because you don’t like it. try and keep insults to yourself before you get in trouble.

sry @Firebeard

I’m sure you didn’t mean this to be a public shaming board. I have no idea why some people feel the need to complain about other ideas just because they don’t participate.

yes you have great ideas to help improve PVP in RE but I would prefer them to hold off until plus is done.

1 Like

Good suggestion and observation
However if forced to pvp it would die. Its been tested and proven.
What i dont think you seem to understand is re is a stopgap. A very good and entertaining one even though i personally dont like the playstyle .
Thats irrelevant when ravien and vermillion could just run their own server. Rex runs re outta the kindness and care he has for his community. Its not about the money. Hws as you know has always been rex and the teams goal. Re was placed in to keep the community going . He didnt have to did he?
Do you have a survey up or a poll or anything to back this 80% claim at all as i would like to see it :slight_smile:

Bottom line here was about some suggestions firebeard made to help or improve reforge and most of them are viable
Now it seems to have turned into a shitshow of re vs hws+ which im sure is now off topic.

Im part of a very old faction that is prodominantly pvp oriented hence why i agreed with firebeard on his points or suggestions. Bringing ai to a veteran pvp builder is funny but again off topic.

Might i suggest that an admin can close the topic and maybe you excelente can create the topic of re vs hws+ and why you think rex and the rest of the HWS team should ditch years of work to move on to someone elses scenario :slight_smile:

1 Like

we-should-improve-society-somewhat-yet-you-participate-in-society-30690889

It shouldn’t be one or the other, I didnt even bring up HWS+ at all in my post, and I’d suggest we keep the thread clean by staying on topic, which is the RE PVP area.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions on how we can improve the pvp in RE I’m all ears.

3 Likes