Request ship inspection

[quote=“Mordgier, post:15, topic:2413”]
Did you know you can actually place the thin blocks on top of them as well? They’ll clip through it and fire just fine.
[/quote]I know but that particular tactic is specifically forbidden in the new laws. So can’t do.

Also shutters are better than half-combat-blocks. They have the same cost but have 20% more hp AND have over 300% less weight if I remember correctly. I should add more shutter-blocks. Because it makes sense right that a window is stronger than a solid combat armor wall? On top of that low end PC’s will have no chance vs you :slight_smile: They will have no FPS. But this is not intended, this is just a side-effect. The weight-ratio is what makes them strong.

[quote=“Mordgier, post:15, topic:2413”]
Congratulations on having your very own cheese ship!
[/quote]Yay now I’m PVP worthy again. Pushing everything as far as possible into the gray area between all rules. Because, everybody does it. Let’s jump on the ban-train. Oh wait, they don’t punish for this because there would be no soul left on the server.
But this ship does basically almost everything that CV-players abuse, only exaggerates it a bit more.

Oh by the way, the center of the ship where the center of mass is, is hollow with and around it extra armor to be even more op. This way the enemy turrets will disable faster after splitting the ship in 2 halves.

Meh, I just fill it with more garbage blocks so they can keep wasting ammo on it. After all ammo costs more than combat steel.

But their turret fire may still hit other parts of the ship by accident. The faster you disable them, the better. Unless you want enemies to waste their ammo :slight_smile: . But okay one of the reasons I suggested to have a rule that forces the core to the center of mass. Seems I’m alone in that.

I forgot, if the center of the ship is gone, their turrets will also stop firing at the front-center of your ship, so the faster you lose the center of mass, the better. But because we know where their turrets will aim, the front-center of the ship has a ton of armor to waste their ammo.

1 Like

Tiny, the angular velocity of your ship might be above the speed of light.

I don’t know how the devs can balance fights, collision damage is easily abused with an iron bar, targeting can be abused.
What we need is point and click targeting with freelook, click on an enemy device/block and every weapons on a group attack the selected device/block, with huge zooms for identification.

Exactly - we need Freelancer style turret control. Until then they are essentially useless.

But then there is collision damage, players will make cheap kinetic missiles with their ships, maybe a huge hitbox around your ship that decrease acceleration of enemy ships to stop them or any hit on enemy hull has the same effect, when you take some 160 mm, it should give the enemy ship acceleration in the same direction, a big volley to desorbit you.

Then we have another problem, a surprise attack will eject players from their ship.

I don’t have a problem with ramming. I think it’s a very valid tactic.

Ramming vs ramming? wtf fight

My ship technically fits within all rules. But it uses a lot of imbalances. Someone fighting my ship with a ‘normal’ ship will just outright lose. But the problem for players with these kind of ship designs is: Is this even allowed? Nobody knows for sure. But this game just promotes to make good&ugly PVP-ships. And good ships = push the limits.

They probably have to decrease the speed of CV’s even more and then slab a few AABB-boxes around it for collision detection with other structures to prevent overlapping. It won’t be perfect but a 100x better than what we got now. But they probably haven’t found a good solution yet for large-scale multiplayer collision detection, hence the lag-shots.
Another cheap&easy&dirty alternative is just to enforce a minimum distance between ships not in the same faction.
But for some weird reason CV’s DO collide with non-CV’s. And their collision with BA’s is often totally bugged.

Oooooh THAT kind of ramming :wink:

1 Like

This moment used here. But Ach said that all ok. So now all could use this bug - cool.

2 Likes

While you’re at it, could you make your ships not cubes? Or at least paint them a little?

U know my ship?.. Im not sure.

Post me a picture - or are you going to make me come to EU to look?

S4u:

Now I wonna hear, about ALL ok again ^^

1 Like

Thats mk2, but my mk1 M1 is nearly the same. Only some details different.

Send me your design and I’ll pretty it up for you! :wink:

My cheese CV is this:

I did not want to tell you this Mordgier, but you should revise this gun full of weapons there of your ship in 5.0 the mechanics of the CVs as the blocks will be the same as the BAs, pieces that break and release the rest of the ship will simply disappear as When a tall tower is broken in the middle and the rest of it falls to the ground …

I am perfectly happy to redesign a ship for 5.0.

In fact, I would expect nothing else.

As game mechanics change so does the meta.

Where do you see this as a 5.0 feature though? 5.0 isn’t up for experimental yet right?

Really 5.0 is still not visible, but there is a topic in the forum eleon that deals with this and the spokesperson of the developers already signaled something in this respect, it is not certain and well probable that this change from 5.0 …