Request ship inspection

Exactly - we need Freelancer style turret control. Until then they are essentially useless.

But then there is collision damage, players will make cheap kinetic missiles with their ships, maybe a huge hitbox around your ship that decrease acceleration of enemy ships to stop them or any hit on enemy hull has the same effect, when you take some 160 mm, it should give the enemy ship acceleration in the same direction, a big volley to desorbit you.

Then we have another problem, a surprise attack will eject players from their ship.

I don’t have a problem with ramming. I think it’s a very valid tactic.

Ramming vs ramming? wtf fight

My ship technically fits within all rules. But it uses a lot of imbalances. Someone fighting my ship with a ‘normal’ ship will just outright lose. But the problem for players with these kind of ship designs is: Is this even allowed? Nobody knows for sure. But this game just promotes to make good&ugly PVP-ships. And good ships = push the limits.

They probably have to decrease the speed of CV’s even more and then slab a few AABB-boxes around it for collision detection with other structures to prevent overlapping. It won’t be perfect but a 100x better than what we got now. But they probably haven’t found a good solution yet for large-scale multiplayer collision detection, hence the lag-shots.
Another cheap&easy&dirty alternative is just to enforce a minimum distance between ships not in the same faction.
But for some weird reason CV’s DO collide with non-CV’s. And their collision with BA’s is often totally bugged.

Oooooh THAT kind of ramming :wink:

1 Like

This moment used here. But Ach said that all ok. So now all could use this bug - cool.

2 Likes

While you’re at it, could you make your ships not cubes? Or at least paint them a little?

U know my ship?.. Im not sure.

Post me a picture - or are you going to make me come to EU to look?

S4u:

Now I wonna hear, about ALL ok again ^^

1 Like

Thats mk2, but my mk1 M1 is nearly the same. Only some details different.

Send me your design and I’ll pretty it up for you! :wink:

My cheese CV is this:

I did not want to tell you this Mordgier, but you should revise this gun full of weapons there of your ship in 5.0 the mechanics of the CVs as the blocks will be the same as the BAs, pieces that break and release the rest of the ship will simply disappear as When a tall tower is broken in the middle and the rest of it falls to the ground …

I am perfectly happy to redesign a ship for 5.0.

In fact, I would expect nothing else.

As game mechanics change so does the meta.

Where do you see this as a 5.0 feature though? 5.0 isn’t up for experimental yet right?

Really 5.0 is still not visible, but there is a topic in the forum eleon that deals with this and the spokesperson of the developers already signaled something in this respect, it is not certain and well probable that this change from 5.0 …

Yeah there have been rumors about everything from mining HVs to alien piloted vehicles.

I would be 100% cool with blocks losing functionality if cut off from the core…if they buff the HP of all the devices and the core itself.

I agree with you, we would not need as many layers of blocks if the devices were more resilient, and we would have ships lighter and smaller, that would be a big change, currently devices are made of crystal or porcelain

Ok now when i see what this design does, i wont use this ship anymore. This wasnt intendet at all when creating this ship.

Thanks for the efford and all the evidence providet.

I already know how to keep on cheesing this exact same way in 5.0 (unless they change targetting already). Instead of making a long thing ship, you make a long flat ship with lots of random non-linear pipes to connect it all and make the center even easier for enemies to blow up.
After they blow out the center, the ship is still connected to all parts through the random pipes everywhere all over the place and their turrets still stop shooting. Alternatively also build some pipes very wide out. This will even further decrease your FPS though but okay.
So unless they (finally) fix the turret targeting or unless they change the rules on the server, 5.0 will balance nothing for CV’s.

If they finally fix turret targetting, PVP may finally be, for the first time ever in this game, somewhat balanced.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed.

1 Like