The Prototype Aberration

We had a visit from a very special guest tonight :slight_smile:

Freelancer HQ is a world of stunning beauty. Great place to call home for those looking to find a nice retirement home on the beach. The occasional radiation storm helps build character :wink:

I hop on Zip again and just start roaming. Stumbeled on an underground bunker just begging to be cracked open. Let’s see what’s inside, shall we?

Server restart telling me it’s coffee time. Back in I hear screams in the distance and find this prick wanting to be put out of my misery.

These guys want some action too.

Popped the door on top and headed down.

Start hearing growling coming from below. Donny said he will go and make sure the coast is clear.

He lied.

Interesting haul, not great, but interesting.

Exploring more we found an abandoned bunker. I have cracked this one in the past so I rush in like a pro.

Thankfully there is now a clone chamber on my HV so i can get to my backpack much faster.

As well as die faster I suppose…

Got all the way to the core to find it being defended by this feisty little guy. We both fell together.

Nearly killed again by this maniac. Good thing I was smrt and put bandages in the survival constructor. Fixes those brittle stix real easy.

One bandage can do wonders for the digital soul :blush:

T had a ball chewing this place up. This is gonna sound cool af.

Super satisfying :rofl:

Left nothing but a crater full of screaming horrors.

Forgot to mention we were reunited with The General on that last mission and found a new member to our band of misfits. His name is Empr. He doesn’t say much, just growls and grunts sadistically. He will fit right in​:wink:

I like this snow much better than the real thing. Looks so much more cozy in game.

T loves howling at the moon.

Got back to exploring but then these guys wanted to watch the sunset with The General. He didn’t seem to mind.

Just have to share the horizon.

Not very much to find afterwards but the view was fantastic!

This is why he is called Zip. It was a busy day today adventures! Signing off for now.

4 Likes

Enjoying a fresh mug of caffeinated nectar, I finally figure out an easy less complicated way to navigate the sector map. Is it just like floating around in god mode. For those that haven’t tried yet, go to creative and press G (or gm in console) to be able to ghost through the map. Holding shift makes you go faster, holding ctrl goes even faster, shift and ctrl is the fastest. The difference on the sector map, holding left mouse click allows you to move the camera angle and you cannot use wasd directional movement with the mouse camera angle at the same time. Directional movement will always cancel out the mouse camera angle.

So should we explore more of the planet or take a ride mapping the galaxy? As I am pondering this I hear Chester, a newly spawned warp sled CV, suggest we make a quick run around the bottom ring to scope out the rest of the sectors. We do have a lot of pentax at the moment.

So gearing up to go I realize Zip is gone. Forgot he was under 10 blocks and was scooped into the void. I did have another ready to spawn and decided to add a couple blocks. Zip went through some changes and has changed her name to Suzie. All blocks are public. Take her for a spin.

Warped to the wormhole nearby. Discovered a ship yard and popped in to investigate.

This gentelman tried to assist me but I think he was having computer troubles. Maybe he needs a better IT guy :wink:

Wandered around a abut and found him talking to this guy. Not sure what they were talking about but by the body language I would guess this is the IT guy :grin:

On to Atlantis. Famous for its giant ocean but popular for its epic armor :slight_smile:

Looks like someone may have setup access to the underground treasure this season. Is it help or a trap? One way to find out…

Found TAW setup a nice little landing spot. They are usually not ones to setup traps…usually…

I have seen this movie before. On my way down I kept waiting to hear someone tell me to rub the lotion on its skin. I did NOT want to get the hose again :frowning:

Looks like epic armor in the sunken city of Atlantis is still a thing, just don’t pick the plants if you value your reputation with Polaris.

Thank you TAW :slight_smile:

Now on to the central hub of the universe.

Was getting warnings that my CV tier was too high so I landed at the garage to say hello to the garage master. Not to worry @Ju the garage will have stock soon enough :slight_smile:

Used the handy teleporter to enter the planet. Found an old friend waiting for me to pick him up.

One day she will be full…One day…

1 Like

Welcome back adventures! I had taken these screen shots last time and fallen asleep at the wheel. I do remember this encounter vaguely. When I got back in the server I was at the bottom of the water in front of ECC HQ with zero fuel and the power on. You can probably guess how I ended up there. We have a new member of the party. Meet Explora. She is ready for uncovering the mysteries of the universe with us :slight_smile:

I recall seeing a cluster of Zirax snacks. I think I might bring back Skip T2 for a bite and become king in the north for a while.

“Looks scrumptious!” T says with a wide grin.

Had a visitor stop by while we were out. :slight_smile:

We received a very peculiar distress call coming from ECC HQ and loaded up Chester with a few odds and ends. Wasn’t sure what to expect. Chester hung out at the garage because he isn’t allowed on the planet. He would like some friends to play with though :frowning:

This is a very fun puzzle! Not for the timid so here is a couple hints. See if you can figure it out :wink:

Got a nice view from above after our triumph. This guy seemed to like Explora :slight_smile:

“He doesn’t look very civil.” The General snickers as we pillage…err I mean explore.

I think we made a new friend. He doesn’t talk much though. Just a bunch of symbols and pictures. I am guessing he speaks in Emojiption hieroglyphics.

We home some fun tossing bullets. Not much loot though. The kitchen was stocked with a good amount of grub so not a total loss.

The professor’s crib has a nice layout. T was suggesting his open concept noise again. I am thinking he might be a little claustrophobic.

Chester got a little attached to our new friend and decided to go home with him. “Have fun little guy!”

Got back to catch another great sunset. T was a little grumbly about open concept the entire way home so I let him enjoy the view for a bit. It seemed to sooth him a lot.

Found Brock in the blueprint factory begging to make an appearance. He is ready for next episode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s it? There’s more to the story!!! I need more!!!

2 Likes

My apologies everyone. Work has been occupying a lot more of my time recently. I have been playing and collecting screen shots as I can and have a little time to tell the tale a bit more…

We got to hang out with our new friend a bit on the Triton space worm mission. We had a bit of technical difficulties at the end but we made it. I didn’t want to reveal too much on this great mission. Just be sure to bring a lot of health packs. The planet is constantly under attack by very disgruntled hail storms :frowning:

Ended up logging off on Triton after falling asleep at the controls again. Was of course out of fuel when I got back but got to see a wonderful sunrise. This place is actually quite lovely when you are not getting pelted by razor coated golf balls :slight_smile:

Even the plant life looks friendly. This little guy is so darn cute. I want to take him home with me.

Well adventurers, I think we may have found another spot to plant a flag. Need to do a little more exploring with our new friend and find the best view.

But for now we needed to get back and play the inventory game. This is where we are when coming in from space. Stop by and say hello.

Was able to get back for another great sunrise. Got back and sorted all the loot we grabbed. Was trying to decide on what to do next and figured it was a good time to check out the moon here. Knowing it was PVP I was sure to set home spawn and not bring anything too important.

I found the moon to be mostly full of Talon territory. Stopped by one of their villages just to have a look and growl with the locals.

I hear screams and hissing from this cage. I hear Donny gleefully say, “Oooo let’s see what’s in there!”

Yeah I have seen this movie too. Looks like they spared a few expenses. Time for me to gtfo, I remember how that movie ended :wink:

Didn’t find much of anything else interesting. Got back home and Brock was saying he wanted to check out Triton. So we loaded up and headed out again. The deadly vacuum of space is quite stunning here in Triton system.

Here we go fellas. Time to see what trouble we can get ourselves out of.

Well we found some.

Need to be strategic about this one. Pulled Skip out of the factory and let em have it!

Or not…

Still not sure if this was on purpose. We did have a laugh about it for a while though.

Started getting tired again so I marked the area on my map for return visits to this base. Looks like there were lots of goodies to be had within :slight_smile: Back home and got to watch an asteroid land right near us. Great time to test out the eye. It demolishes them btw.

2 Likes

Welcome back adventurers. We had lots of visitors these past couple days and I was forgetting to take screen shots. These are just a couple I found. I promise to be more mindful when ranting to newcomers in the discord lobby.

Really wish I got more shots of this one. Had a blast taking down the drone base with everyone on Ori last night. Great times all! We lost lots of sleep kicking Zirax off the planet all night. Soon Polaris and Talon will love us :wink:

Chester got a little bit of an upgrade. I call it the extended cab version. With passenger seats in the front and a barbecue on the back, he’s ready for a tailgate party. Congrats to @gk258 ( gk = Galactic Kelp :grin: ) on his first CSW. I forewarned him of how terrifying it never stops being and can honestly say he handled it quite well.

1 Like

Kill em all, let dog sort em out.

1 Like

i-see-no-god-up-here-only-doge-only-doge-22540823~2

Hello again adventurers! I have not been feeling well again so I took a trip to the doctor. They said I drink too much coffee. Like that’s a “thing” :wink: So I guess I have to be grumpy…err i mean less caffeinated. Dark times, I know. But we can get through this. There is always tea. Sweetened, unsweetened, hot, or cold, tea is a decent route. So if I start to seem pretentious, you can blame the tea.

HWS discord was hopping tonight! I have recently been helping a few newcomers to HWS finding their way in our playground. Hang in the lobby to join in the mayhem. Add your own pages to our story.

Built a space POI harvester on request. She is called “The Redeemer.” Let’s see how she does.

Didn’t get any screen shots but we had a Zirax CV roll up to make some noise. Redeemer quickly shut down their hate party. Had a bit of fun taking down a few POI’s we found hanging near the misty asteroid clouds in Triton. This guy looked like he was enjoying the mop up :slight_smile:

Back home going through the loot we found an old friend. We missed you Mo. Now it’s time to have some real fun :grin:

I added a garden section to the beach house. Stop by the bistro and cook up whatever you like.

Going to call it a night. Had a blast everyone! Thanks for sharing in our crazy adventure.

6 Likes

Welcome back adventurers! We have had so much going on and I have not had time to update the logs :frowning: But I have been taking screenshots. Here is what happened over the last week…

Took a visit to ECC and checked out the HWS space garage. I remember the tales of miners saying “I was digging on golden globe for a while and then a terrifying shadow was cast over my location.”

Having a blast hanging out at gK’s base. Scoot got a bit of a redesign. These ladies seemed to like it :slight_smile:

Candid shot of gK cooking up some gear for our next mission.

Got back home to enjoy another great sunrise.

Hanging out in the lobby with some ABN members. Some very helpful tips coming from the masters to help the newcomers out. This was a great screen cap of a storm that rolled in.

So we prepped for Ori and headed out to party with the Zirax. I did a lot of dying as your can see:

You know it was a good party when…

The supply station was quick to show us how it felt about trespassers. Was it something I said?

We rocked out here to anyway. We continued to clear the planet for some loot and headed back home.

A couple good shots for the end of the day. Till next time adventurers!

2 Likes

Omg this is too exciting!

Hey-there-Hello

2 Likes

that’s very exciting to be honest, i’m really looking into it.
btw, hello batman :slight_smile:

BoB and I adventures to Protoz

2 Likes

…**zzzrttt…Frequencies opened. Hello? Is this thing on? THUMP! THUMP! Ok.

Apologies adventures. Communications have been erratic due to recent quarantine procedures. It has taken time to get this log out. A lot has happened since our last transmission. I assure you Mo and the gang are safe and having a blast. Here are just a few of the pictures I have been able to save during these odd times.

I came back home to check on the place and noticed a neighbor had put up a lovely condominium next door.

The Cor system is a sight to see. One of my favorite places to visit during my travels. I can assure you there is no silicone in this nebula :wink:

Check out the station on your visit to ECC. I can picture this becoming part of the HQ building one day. I have some interesting design ideas for ya dQ…

Had a lot of fun at the SV dogfight event. I would love to start making this a regular thing for those interested. We can organize dates and times if needed. Post your thoughts here. I can get ships ready within an hour or so.

Came back home and noticed the neighborhood was a little crowded now. The lag on HQ is very intense with so many structures :frowning: I decided to take a last screen shot of the guestbook and pack up. I have some ideas on where to put it back down. Just haven’t decided yet…

With the new update coming soon I figured it was a good time to switch gears and try out a single player adventure I found on the workshop called Star Salvage. You can follow along here.

1 Like

Had a lot of fun at the Easter event. Here’s some quick shots I took along the way.

2 Likes

Well adventures it has been another great season! Lot’s of new places to explore, many new ways to expire, and it keeps getting bigger! I leave a final screen shot where I was able to capture 2 devout zealots worshipping their cybertronian god. Can’t wait to see what next season has to offer. See you all in the verse!

3 Likes

Coming to an end of the longest season in HWS history. Great times everyone! Cannot wait to see how many more ways to expire in the expanding universe next season. Here’s the last few shots I was able to save.

The Atlantian gods were please at the shrine on Ori. Since the uncovering of the Rosetta Stone, the teleport monolith will be seeing a bit more traffic next season I would imagine.

Took a few eager gold seekers out to learn the skills to ninja mining. Was a great haul with all 5 of us pulling together. Luckily the pirates were a bit busy in battle to take much notice.

Becoming mission masters was no small task. Had a great team to push through Alien Asylum many times to get it right. Still not perfect but I think we will be ready to take on the changes next season.

3 Likes

Thank you for a fun and long season BoB.

Hope to see more stories here from you :heart::grin:

2 Likes